[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
AnAngryMantis

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Postby AnAngryMantis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:37 pm

I've encountered a problem. Superluminal won't load anything that has been exported from gimp. The image is fine on any other photo editor or viewer, but for some reason it just doesn't work with superluminal. When I click view on the hull image, it shows blank
Mackchee

Postby Mackchee » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

when I try to open this it closes itself immediately and when I try older versions my hull image is invisible when I add it. Can anyone please help me out so I can continue making ship mods with this wonderful editor?
He's not active, but he's not inactive, he's none other than the "Largely Obscure Fludders!"
Doelement6969^69

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta

Postby Doelement6969^69 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:18 pm

can i see the mod?
l-c.h

Postby l-c.h » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:42 pm

Hey all,

first of all, thank you very much for this super intuitive editor kartoFlane. It makes creating own ships really super easy :)

Unfortunately, I have some weird problems with the walls of my ships. They appear completely right in the editor but ingame there are openings everywhere:

It looks like the game thinks that there should be doors, but I did not place any on these locations. The walls of the original ships still appear normal.
This bug happens only at ships I created with Superluminal. Any Ideas what could cause it?
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:28 am

l-c.h wrote:Hey all,

first of all, thank you very much for this super intuitive editor kartoFlane. It makes creating own ships really super easy :)

Unfortunately, I have some weird problems with the walls of my ships. They appear completely right in the editor but ingame there are openings everywhere:

[IMAGE]

It looks like the game thinks that there should be doors, but I did not place any on these locations. The walls of the original ships still appear normal.
This bug happens only at ships I created with Superluminal. Any Ideas what could cause it?

That’s a bug with the game, it can only handle rooms with a length of 1 or 2, any more and that happens.
No way to stop it.
l-c.h

Postby l-c.h » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Too bad, but that makes sense. Thanks for your reply :)
wren013

Postby wren013 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:05 pm

I am having trouble running Superluminal 2.2.1 for Mac. I was having a pop-up stating "To use the "java" command-line tool you need to install a JDK." I fixed this by installing the legacy Java 6, but the application still won't launch. What am I missing?
CosmicBluNebula

Postby CosmicBluNebula » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 pm

wren013 wrote:I am having trouble running Superluminal 2.2.1 for Mac. I was having a pop-up stating "To use the "java" command-line tool you need to install a JDK." I fixed this by installing the legacy Java 6, but the application still won't launch. What am I missing?

I followed this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15FzUrvCyBk ) to fix my issues on Mac, but now I have a whole new set of problems myself
EDIT: Typo
SlipstreeeemREBEL

Postby SlipstreeeemREBEL » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:13 am

I have a question... I can't load my custom ships anymore, (I forgot to put shields) it just shows the loading button for 1 second then disappears... And my ship isn't there...
Phaser756

Postby Phaser756 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:55 pm

I have a problem.

When i try to run the program it will not open and gives this error message in response.

Code: Select all

/Users/brandonrblankenship/Desktop/dumm/Superluminal2.command ; exit;
DEBUG Superluminal - Superluminal v2.2.1
DEBUG Superluminal - Mac OS X 10.10.5
DEBUG Superluminal - OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, 1.8.0_272-internal, x86_64
DEBUG Superluminal - SWT v4626

TRACE Superluminal - No FTL dats path previously set.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openlogic-openjdk-8.jre/Contents/Home/lib/libfontmanager.dylib: dlopen(/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openlogic-openjdk-8.jre/Contents/Home/lib/libfontmanager.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: @rpath/libfreetype.dylib.6
  Referenced from: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openlogic-openjdk-8.jre/Contents/Home/lib/libfontmanager.dylib
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
   /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openlogic-openjdk-8.jre/Contents/Home/lib/./libfreetype.dylib.6: code signature invalid for '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openlogic-openjdk-8.jre/Contents/Home/lib/./libfreetype.dylib.6'

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openlogic-openjdk-8.jre/Contents/Home/lib/server/../libfreetype.dylib.6: code signature invalid for '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openlogic-openjdk-8.jre/Contents/Home/lib/server/../libfreetype.dylib.6'

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1934)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1838)
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:871)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1124)
   at sun.lwawt.macosx.LWCToolkit$1.run(LWCToolkit.java:93)
   at sun.lwawt.macosx.LWCToolkit$1.run(LWCToolkit.java:80)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at sun.lwawt.macosx.LWCToolkit.<clinit>(LWCToolkit.java:79)
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
   at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:860)
   at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:855)
   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:854)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName(UIManager.java:611)
   at javax.swing.UIManager$1.run(UIManager.java:1233)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.loadSwingProperties(UIManager.java:1228)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.initialize(UIManager.java:1457)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.maybeInitialize(UIManager.java:1426)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.getDefaults(UIManager.java:659)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.getString(UIManager.java:788)
   at javax.swing.undo.UndoManager.getUndoPresentationName(UndoManager.java:570)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Manager.getUndoPresentationName(Manager.java:533)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.updateUndoButtons(EditorWindow.java:1287)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.enableOptions(EditorWindow.java:1462)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.<init>(EditorWindow.java:1149)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:205)
logout

[Process completed]

can anyone help?