[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
The Federation

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby The Federation » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Your mod looks awesome! It's a shame it's not quite out yet though, so I was wondering if I could work with you. I am an experienced modder who is used to getting hands deep in stuff previously thought untouchable. I wouldn't want to change any of your plans, just help you achieve them. I wouldn't be able to help all the time, and sometimes I need help, but I hope won't let that deter you from including me on this project!
Good luck,
The Feds
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:15 am

Would you fellows like to use the ship in my signature? i haven't been doing anything involving ftl mods for a while now (although i'm getting back into it), and it's going to waste other wise.
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:09 am

Would be much appreciated :)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 am

META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:16 am

Anthonest wrote:Image

For some reason I keep thinking the three engies are playing rock-paper-scissors. :lol:
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:00 am

Could I help make the ship layouts? I have a love for doing that kind of stuff, and love to help an amazing mod become so much more 8-)
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks but I think the soundtrack should stay as it is, the basis of the soundtrack is fairly similar to the Zoltan explore theme, and you have no idea how hard it is matching those things up... I think it sounds perfect for the Zoltans.

But yes, the Zoltans will be beefed up, considering they are your enemies now. In vanilla FTL you were facing simple border patrols and police, that were still nearly up to par with military riggers and Rock assault ships, etc.
You never actually had an encounter with the Zoltan Military. The Zoltan sector will be the scariest thing you could see next to a Federation sector.
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Anthonest wrote:Thanks but I think the soundtrack should stay as it is, the basis of the soundtrack is fairly similar to the Zoltan explore theme, and you have no idea how hard it is matching those things up... I think it sounds perfect for the Zoltans.

But yes, the Zoltans will be beefed up, considering they are your enemies now. In vanilla FTL you were facing simple border patrols and police, that were still nearly up to par with military riggers and Rock assault ships, etc.
You never actually had an encounter with the Zoltan Military. The Zoltan sector will be the scariest thing you could see next to a Federation sector.

Great success.
Zoltans are actually hard now.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Made a desktop app so I could keep track of what I need to do, the mod is comming!
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 am

A release date would be nice