Can someone make this mod for FTL?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kingofhell214

Can someone make this mod for FTL?

Postby kingofhell214 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 am

Can some one start with the production of a halo mod for this like 3 of the ships are UNSC that get bigger with the design you pick with UNSC weapons and UNSC systems and UNSC characters. 3 Ships that are covenant
and get bigger with design with special abilites and weapons that only have covenant characters with special abilites like shield guys get shields and all units get ranged weapons and only melee fight if they get close to eachother. Than the last 3 ships could be flood or forerunner or 2 ships flood 1 ship forerunner as the secret ship. You can get new crew members from any race. Different types of human crew. Flood crew that slowly infect other crew till all are flood with special abilites. flood ships with special abilities. Boarding pods instead of teleporters that are always n the edge of the ship and act like boarding drones. All kinds of halo events.

So basically a total conversion mod for this game. I do realize this might take awhile because of the events texts and Art and audio and programming. But please will someone start working on this?
kingofhell214

Re: Can someone make this mod for FTL?

Postby kingofhell214 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 am

Also flood ships dont board with pods(unless on UNSC ship that isn't infected) they shoot out those little flood like pod things that slowly infect the other crew and when you send them out you cant get them back unless you have return pods to send or if the other ships have pods. Covenant ships have teleporters instead of boarding pods. You can get any type of weapons.
kingofhell214

Postby kingofhell214 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:31 am

and flood ships have infection guns that shoot out the little pod things instead of missiles and bombs. Also being able to get crew back after killing everything inside by making us be able to still see inside the ship and get our crew and move them. Also flood respawn after a little from infected medbay's aka Hives. Also you need a hive on your ship to have flood crew and level 2 hives to stop the infect and it takes 3 sectors for flood to infect ships if you bought them and 5 FTL jumps to infect your crew and ship if they're invading. Also when you buy flood crew if it fully infects your crew missiles ad bombs turn into the pod things and you can still use the ship just everything is flood.
Last edited by kingofhell214 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Techercizer

Postby Techercizer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 am

You're welcome to start working on it. You seem pretty enthusiastic about the whole idea.
kingofhell214

Postby kingofhell214 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:37 am

yes i am enthusiastic about it only 1 problem. I dont know how to mod and code i do know how to change text though for events just not be able to path it and add options to it. I also dont know how to actually make the designs and stuff for each ship.
kingofhell214

Postby kingofhell214 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 am

So basically i would need other people to help me or teach me.
Zuriki

Postby Zuriki » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:54 am

Most of the things you have suggested are infeasible without access to the source code of the game. The only mods we can do are changing and adding ships, weapons, sectors and events (which are also limited) and some other minor edits.

Sorry to burst your bubble. It's also currently quite difficult to add ships to the game because they have to be manually edited, there are no tools available to design ships with. I am working on something but my time is limited.
Techercizer

Postby Techercizer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 am

Well OP can always go and learn how to make his own game, then build one from scratch that's what he wants it to be. There's plenty of tutorials, guides, books, and videos on all the major languages and engines.
kingofhell214

Postby kingofhell214 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:09 am

sorry to ask but doesnt OP mean overpowered or am i completely and utterly wrong?

Edit: nvm i just figured out what it means
dfisher14

Postby dfisher14 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 am

Zuriki wrote:The only mods we can do are changing and adding ships, weapons, sectors and events (which are also limited) and some other minor edits.
How do you do this! mainly ships is what im looking to make!