[W.I.P.]The Federation Strikes Back- Rebirth

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

Re: [W.I.P.]The Federation Strikes Back- Rebirth

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:31 pm

dalolorn wrote:
English Narwhal wrote:NOTE: Dalolorn's Stuff still exists, but I have stored it for now.

Well, seeing as the link in my original thread still exists, then it's a bit redundant. :P

Yeah, it is. I'll fix that eventually.
engi

Postby engi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Hey will this work on steam if so the can I bee a beta tester :?: plz?
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 pm

engi wrote:Hey will this work on steam if so the can I bee a beta tester :?: plz?

It should work. You just need to get Slipstream, the current mod manager - and patch it in.

However, to my knowledge, the beta has yet to start - so you'll have to settle for my ship mod instead. ;)
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:40 am

engi wrote:Hey will this work on steam if so the can I bee a beta tester :?: plz?

Sure, you can be a beta tester once I'm confident in a build of FSB.
engi

Postby engi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:19 pm

dalolorn wrote:

It should work. You just need to get Slipstream, the current mod manager - and patch it in.

However, to my knowledge, the beta has yet to start - so you'll have to settle for my ship mod instead. ;)

iuse slipsteream cause i use ce
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:34 pm

engi wrote:
dalolorn wrote:

iuse slipsteream cause i use ce

You use Slipstream because you use CE? Slipstream is the general mod manager. And as an important note, The Federation Strikes Back will be completely incompatible with CE. Period.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:57 pm

English Narwhal wrote:
engi wrote:iuse slipsteream cause i use ce

You use Slipstream because you use CE? Slipstream is the general mod manager. And as an important note, The Federation Strikes Back will be completely incompatible with CE. Period.

That's an interesting fact. I actually originally went with CE compatibility because the stuff in it (minus events) was quite compatible with my mod, and only served to make the gameplay experience richer.

That said, I am quite curious as to what's the reason for "completely incompatible"... this should be interesting. :)
engi

Postby engi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:59 pm

I could remove ce from my save and replace it whith thsb (the federation strikes back aka my abbreviation :lol: )
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:08 pm

engi wrote:I could remove ce from my save and replace it whith thsb (the federation strikes back aka my abbreviation :lol: )

That was never a question, engi. I'm simply saying that, should you receive a beta version of the mod, you shouldn't play the mod with CE.
For that matter, you shouldn't play it with ANY other mods, because the point of being a Beta Tester is to 'test' the mod and see if it has any bugs. The mod should reach its beta phase within a week or two at the rate it is going.
Just to put it out there, when you get the beta version, DO NOT send it to anybody, DO NOT post your bug reports on this thread (PM me), and DO NOT tell or show ANYBODY the mod. I'd prefer if its release was a 'clean' one, not with a bunch of beta versions on the internet that people could possibly claim credit to.
engi

Postby engi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:01 pm

English Narwhal wrote:
engi wrote:I could remove ce from my save and replace it whith thsb (the federation strikes back aka my abbreviation :lol: )

That was never a question, engi. I'm simply saying that, should you receive a beta version of the mod, you shouldn't play the mod with CE.
For that matter, you shouldn't play it with ANY other mods, because the point of being a Beta Tester is to 'test' the mod and see if it has any bugs. The mod should reach its beta phase within a week or two at the rate it is going.
Just to put it out there, when you get the beta version, DO NOT send it to anybody, DO NOT post your bug reports on this thread (PM me), and DO NOT tell or show ANYBODY the mod. I'd prefer if its release was a 'clean' one, not with a bunch of beta versions on the internet that people could possibly claim credit to.

Fair enough