[Tool] ftldat r7

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
GreenZanbato

Re: [Modding] ftldat r7 (was: Packing ad unpacking data.dat.

Postby GreenZanbato » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm

I had trouble with this as well. Try typing "fltdat pack something.dat data.dat". It should pack the data.dat folder back up and call it something.dat. Then just rename it.
Ellenhard

Postby Ellenhard » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 pm

GreenZanbato wrote:I had trouble with this as well. Try typing "fltdat pack something.dat data.dat". It should pack the data.dat folder back up and call it something.dat. Then just rename it.

Tried your solution both from the original folder ...\resources and from the unpacked ...\data. Nothing. Only the original folder is readable from cmd, and it says:

Listing files to pack...

Traceback (most recent call last:)
File "<string>", line 736, in <module>
File "<string>", line 733, in main
File "<string>", line 615, in main
File "<string>" ,line 488, in cmd_pack
File "<string>", line 95, in list sizes
WindowsError: [Error 123] *unrecognisable": \\data.dat

So, still nothing.
Ellenhard

Postby Ellenhard » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Just a thought - maybe I'm doing something else wrong. I've put all ftldat files in the same folder with the original data.dat. That's how I was able to unpack it. And it has automatically created ...\data.dat-unpacked\data folder, where are all the .xml and text files. Is it a correct way? If not, what would be a correct way?
Ellenhard

Postby Ellenhard » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:14 pm

I think I found the reason. Maybe it will help to other Win 7 users. Use cmd admin command, not just cmd. Frak it.
bas

Postby bas » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Ellenhard wrote:For easier reference: the game's data.dat is in E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\
The files has unpacked to: E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data-dat-unpacked\data\

So, how can I pack the stuff back after editing? I've tried many combinations in cmd, both being in original "resources" and unpacked "data" folders. There is a popping window saying something sometimes, but it closes in millisecond, so can't read anything. Help please?

Are you sure it is E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data-dat-unpacked\data\ and not E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data.dat-unpacked\data\?

To pack, execute:

ftldat pack "E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data.dat" "E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data.dat-unpacked"
Ellenhard

Postby Ellenhard » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 pm

bas wrote:
Ellenhard wrote:For easier reference: the game's data.dat is in E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\
The files has unpacked to: E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data-dat-unpacked\data\

So, how can I pack the stuff back after editing? I've tried many combinations in cmd, both being in original "resources" and unpacked "data" folders. There is a popping window saying something sometimes, but it closes in millisecond, so can't read anything. Help please?

Are you sure it is E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data-dat-unpacked\data\ and not E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data.dat-unpacked\data\?

To pack, execute:

ftldat pack "E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data.dat" "E:\Program Files\FTL\resources\data.dat-unpacked"

Yes sir, it was a typo, you are right.

Actually, override command works for me now: ftldat pack -f data.dat, and ftldat unpack -f data.dat

Quite easy, only if I knew it before... Thank you anyway!
SSk77

Postby SSk77 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Hello bas, I've just created a forum for FTL mods, please I would really enjoy if you post your FTLdat r7 on it or just let me post it for you, thanks :)

here is the forum: http://ftlmods.forumeiro.com/
splette

Postby splette » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:04 am

Thanks for this tool. Very useful
AtillaBosma

Postby AtillaBosma » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:41 am

Should be stickied, GO GROGNAK GO!
All4n

Re: [Tool] ftldat r7

Postby All4n » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:27 am

Awesome tool! Thanks.
Last edited by All4n on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got a event, alternative text, or maybe a new sector? Add it to the Additional Events & Texts (AET) mod! Credits will be given, and you will help make a big pack of content!