[Tool] ftldat r7

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
bas

Re: [Tool] ftldat r7

Postby bas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 pm

RECONmarine2579 wrote:When I try to open ftldat, it says that The version is not compatible with my version of windows

Help?

You are not specific enough. What do you mean with "I try to open ftldat". Do you mean the installer?

What is the exact error message? Which version of Windows do you run.
RECONmarine2579

Postby RECONmarine2579 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm

bas wrote:
RECONmarine2579 wrote:When I try to open ftldat, it says that The version is not compatible with my version of windows

Help?

You are not specific enough. What do you mean with "I try to open ftldat". Do you mean the installer?

What is the exact error message? Which version of Windows do you run.
Yes the installer, When I try to open the installer is says:
The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I don't know which you need but i'm going to post them all my version(s):
Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601
64 bit operating system
GreenZanbato

Postby GreenZanbato » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:23 am

bas wrote:
GreenZanbato wrote:Little late saying this, but the whole reason I'm using the installer is because I can't install python on this computer (owner says no), so building it from source doesn't work for me. Maybe you can re-upload it or look for any tampering?

There is no tampering in the original file. If you can't run the installer, nor install Python yourself, I am not able to help you.

Okay well thanks anyway. Maybe I can get it to work eventually. Oh and this is a trojan similar to the one I'm finding, although it has slightly different numbers than this one. http://home.mcafee.com/VirusInfo/VirusProfile.aspx?key=259866
bas

Postby bas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 am

Yes the installer, When I try to open the installer is says:
The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I don't know which you need but i'm going to post them all my version(s):
Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601
64 bit operating system

Does anyone else also experience this problem on a 64-bit version of Windows?
bas

Postby bas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:18 am

Okay well thanks anyway. Maybe I can get it to work eventually. Oh and this is a trojan similar to the one I'm finding, although it has slightly different numbers than this one. http://home.mcafee.com/VirusInfo/VirusProfile.aspx?key=259866

It's a bug in the virus scanners. See for instance http://www.pyinstaller.org/ticket/603
RECONmarine2579

Postby RECONmarine2579 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Does any body else have the same problem I do?
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:41 pm

For some reason whenever I run cmd it automatically puts 'C:/Users/(My User)' and then I can't get rid of it :/ That might not be the problem, but then whenever I enter a path to Program Files it can never find the path. Is there a specific way I have to type it or something?
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Use 'cd' to change directory, and if you're using a folder with spaces in, make sure to put the whole path in quotes.

E.g.
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blah\"
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:04 am

When opening up cmd, I can type my file path fine, but whenever I type 'ftldat unpack data.dat' it says I don't have permission, even when I run as admin. Can someone help?
EDIT: So I uninstalled ftldat, but when I tried to reinstall it, it now says I don't have permission to run the installer :/ Does anyone know anything about this? I have the standalone windows installer, btw.
Dugatee

Postby Dugatee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked, but I can't read that many pages, but whenever i type "ftldat unpack data.dat" it does the EXACT same thing as "ftldat list data.dat".