Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
LehGogh

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Postby LehGogh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm

stylesrj wrote:Do healing bombs work on the enemy? As in, if the enemy ship has a healing bomb and it hits a part of your ship where you're fighting boarders, will it heal them?

Secondly, if I dropped a Heal Bomb and a Breach Bomb at the same time, will it damage and heal my crew or will it heal and damage the crew?

1.) No, the Heal Bomb will not heal enemy crew members. That would make it mostly useless in boarding attempts.
2.) Only your crew would be healed, but both your crew and the enemy crew would be damaged by the Breach Bomb.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:36 pm

LehGogh wrote:2.) Only your crew would be healed, but both your crew and the enemy crew would be damaged by the Breach Bomb.

I know that. But in what order does it happen? Whichever bomb was in Slot 1 goes first?

I'd try it but I've never encountered such a situation nor do I want to try it for the purposes of science. :lol:
LehGogh

Postby LehGogh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:42 pm

In that case, I don't know. It likely does them by slot, but I could be wrong. In blueprints.xml, they have the same fuse.

However, it shouldn't matter much. The Heal Bomb does a lot more healing then the Breach Bomb's crew damage amount.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:49 pm

It probably would matter because if the breach hits first, your crew is damaged and then the heal bomb fixes it up. Otherwise you'd have the crew healed to full first, then they take 30HP damage. And that's terrible.

LeGogh wrote:1.) No, the Heal Bomb will not heal enemy crew members. That would make it mostly useless in boarding attempts.

I know that but if the enemy has a heal bomb (as in their ship has one not your ship) and it somehow manages to be in the same room as their boarding party, will it heal them? If it does, could someone make an enemy encounter which exploits that possibility? Like the enemy could have a cluster heal bomb that constantly replenishes their boarding parties rapidly until they run out of missiles.
LehGogh

Postby LehGogh » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:22 pm

How about this:

The Heal Bomb heals crew members that are allied with the people firing the bomb. Bombs are detonated by the order they were launched in. If they were launched at the same time, then they are launched in weapon order.
LehGogh

Postby LehGogh » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:28 am

One quick question:

In blueprints.xml, it shows the blueprints for systems. Theoretically, could you make your own system and put it in the shop, or is it hardcoded? I don't think you can; I haven't seen any other files that deal with systems and their functions.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:43 am

Systems are hardcoded. All you can really do is change how many levels they can have, their price and if they can turn up in a shop (Shields, even if set to Rarity 0 will still turn up in stores though from what I've heard)

You'd be amazed at how high you can push your systems. 8 shield layers anyone? How about the power for 4 Glaive Beams?

Level 9 Engines? (Don't actually power it that high just buy the bar and never use it. 9 power bars in Engines drops your evasion to 0. Or at least your engines won't provide evasion but the manning bonus still applies)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 am

should be mentioned not all systems can be increased.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
LehGogh

Postby LehGogh » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:17 pm

I assume that augments work the same way? If so, then the only good use for custom augments is as quest items/things to buy and sell (like CE).
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:19 pm

LehGogh wrote:I assume that augments work the same way? If so, then the only good use for custom augments is as quest items/things to buy and sell (like CE).

You can modify some of the augments like make Titanium System Casing more useful or Rock Armour more useful... or make Fire Suppression instantly take out fires, etc.

Heh, why not an automated reloader with a 100% boost :lol: