FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:59 pm

It has been done !
Thanks to some help from RAD-82 getting some of the last issues taken care of. My first submission for a CE event.

The autoBlueprints.xml.append :

Code: Select all

<shipBlueprint name="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2" layout="c_auto_cruiser" img="c_auto_cruiser">
   <class>Auto-Cruiser</class>
   <systemList>
      <weapons power="3" max="10" room="4" start="true">
         <slot>
            <direction>up</direction>
            <number>1</number>
         </slot>
      </weapons>
      <engines power="2" max="5" room="5" start="true">
         <slot>
            <direction>left</direction>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </engines>
      <doors power="1" max="3" room="6" start="false" />
      <pilot power="1" max="2" room="7" start="true">
         <slot>
            <number>1</number>
         </slot>
      </pilot>
      <drones power="2" max="8" room="10" start="false" />
      <shields power="2" max="10" room="12" start="true">
         <slot>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </shields>
      <cloaking power="1" max="3" room="14" start="false" />
   </systemList>
   <weaponSlots>4</weaponSlots>
   <droneSlots>2</droneSlots>
   <weaponList missiles="10" load="WEAPONS_AUTO" />
   <droneList drones="5" load="DRONES_STANDARD" />
   <health amount="15" />
   <maxPower amount="7" />
   <crewCount amount="0" max="0" class="human" />
   <aug name="AUTO_COOLDOWN" />
   <aug name="SYSTEM_CASING" />
</shipBlueprint>
<blueprintList name="C_LIST_AUTO_CRUISER_2">
   <name>C_AUTO_CRUISER_2</name>
   <name>C_AUTO_CRUISER_2</name>
</blueprintList>

The events.xml.append :

<event name="CE_ANOMALY_ENCOUNTER" unique="true">
   <ship load="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2" hostile="false" />
   <text>Coming out of FTL jump, sensors pick up what seems to be an AI-Autocruiser. First impression seem to conclude it's offline. It could make fine scrap or might hold some important information.</text>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>Investigate the AI-ship.</text>
         <event>
            <text>Getting closer, you notice something has been crudely written on the hull of the AI-ship:"THE ANOMALY". Before you can investigate further, the AI-ship springs to life and powers his weapon system. Aimed at you...</text>
            <ship hostile="true" />
         </event>
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>"We've seen this trick before. Let's go."</text>
         <event>
            <text>The ship remains silent as you charge up the FTL and prepare to leave.</text>
         </event>
   </choice>
</event>
<event name="CE_ANOMALY_ENCOUNTER_SURRENDER" unique="true">
   <text>The AI-cruiser opens up a channel with your ship displaying a simple message : "I will not be defeated by you rebel scum !"</text>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>This thing must be malfunctioning, destroy it !</text>
         <event>
            <text>You dismiss the message and continue the battle at hand.</text>
         </event>
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>Power down your weapons and explain your mission and allegiance.</text>
         <event>
            <text>You send your federation ID and a brief explanation about your current mission. After a moment the AI-ship also powers down his weapons.</text>
            <ship hostile="false" />
            <choice hidden="true">
               <text>Continue...</text>
               <event>
                  <text>The AI-Cruiser contacts you again : "My apologies, you must understand, Federation ships are a rarity these times. My electronics have been damaged over time causing some internal systems to malfunction, like half my sensors. That's why I immediately attacked when you approached and without life support on board, finding trustworthy maintenance is out of the question. My name is AI-C001 and I'm on a mission to end this war as well. Let me help you the best I can."</text>
                  <choice hidden="true" req="ghost">
                  <text>(AI-Avatar) Send in your AI-Avatar to see if it can fix some of the faulty wiring.</text>
                     <event>
                        <text>After what seems like ages, your AI-Avatar gets back on board your ship. "I did my best sir, most of the wiring has been fixed or replaced." The AI-Cruiser contacts you one last time : "Thank you, I am fully operational and ready to fight again. I'll delay the fleet to cover your escape. Also take this map and materials. Good luck captain."</text>
                        <reveal_map />
                        <modifyPursuit amount="-1" />
                        <autoReward level="LOW">standard</autoReward>
                     </event>
                  </choice>
                  <choice hidden="true" req="DRONES_REPAIR">
                  <text>(Repair drone) Send in your repair drone to see if it can be of assistance in repairing the wiring.</text>
                     <event>
                        <text>After some time, your repair drone emerges from the ship covered in snippets of wire. The AI-Cruiser contacts you one last time : "Thank you, I am fully operational and ready to fight again. I'll delay the fleet to cover your escape. Also take this map and materials. Good luck captain."</text>
                        <reveal_map />
                     </event>
                  </choice>
                  <choice hidden="true" req="O2_MASKS">
                  <text>(Adaptive Gel Suits) Send in a maintenance crew to check the wiring.</text>
                     <event>
                        <text>Your crew boards and starts repairing wires without having to worry about the lack of atmosphere. The AI-Cruiser contacts you one last time : "Thank you, I am fully operational and ready to fight again. I'll delay the fleet to cover your escape. Also take this map and materials. Good luck captain."</text>
                        <reveal_map />
                     </event>
                  </choice>
                  <choice hidden="true" req="anaerobic">
                  <text>(Lanius) Have your Lanius crewmember board the ship to repair some of the wiring.</text>
                     <event>
                        <text>Your Lanius, unhindered by the lack of atmosphere manages to fix most of the wiring. The AI-Cruiser contacts you one last time : "Thank you, I am fully operational and ready to fight again. I'll delay the fleet to cover your escape. Also take this map and materials. Good luck captain."</text>
                        <reveal_map />
                     </event>
                  </choice>
                  <choice hidden="true">
                  <text>Continue...</text>
                     <event>
                        <text>The AI-Cruiser sends over a pod with some materials and detailed mapping of the surrounding area along with the following message :"Once I'm repaired, I will also continue my mission. Good luck captain." And with that, the AI-Cruiser goes silent again.</text>
                        <reveal_map />
                     </event>
                  </choice>
               </event>
            </choice>
         </event>
   </choice>
</event>

And the events_ships.xml.append :

<ship name="C_AUTO_CRUISER_2" auto_blueprint="C_LIST_AUTO_CRUISER_2">
   <surrender chance="0.0" min="3" max="5" load="CE_ANOMALY_ENCOUNTER_SURRENDER" />
   <destroyed>
      <text>The ship is destroyed and the scrap is yours to take. You also find detailed mapping of the surrounding area.</text>
      <reveal_map />
      <autoReward level="MED">standard</autoReward>
   </destroyed>
</ship>

Turns out it can easily copy the images and layout of the original AI-cruiser and therefore doesn't need extra images to be added.
And on a sidenote, there does indeed need to be a space between "reveal_map" and the "/"...

So, I'm pretty sure the name of the event "CE_ANOMALY_ENCOUNTER" needs to be added to some list in order to be able to appear right?
If not, is there anything stopping the surrender event to appear before fighting the actual ship?
As far as balancing the rewards go, I think it's fine, but feel free to prove me wrong.
If you don't want the name to show up that's fine too, that can be changed as well.

Anyway, I told you the surrender would be the bulk of the event. Don't know if it's good enough to actually make the cut.
I tried to use some stuff from CE in the event besides the ship itself, like the blue option for the ghost, the correct names for the augments and using the repair drones list rather than the standard repair drone for a requirement.

Now that I'm done with it, I think I'm now capable of creating more without requiring help from others...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Oh well, I'm ultimately not interested in being a public "event judge" and I simply did not comment on submissions much so far on that purpose. The main reason I replied to your submission specifially is cause I know you are a great supporter of CE and I did not want to seem like I ignore you. And because I love you bio! :D I don't assume my opinion on how events should work in this game is "the right one" or anything and I think it would be weird and unfair if you try to confine to my standards, because I can't even fully define them myself. :? :| I mostly just put in what feels right and that's it. *shrug* Thanks for all your submissions so far though! Remember that you don't have to depend on CE to publish events. You can publish standalone event mods as well. Bios event could be integrated into the Anomaly ship mod for example. ;)
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Oh well, I'm ultimately not interested in being a public "event judge" and I simply did not comment on submissions much so far on that purpose. The main reason I replied to your submission specifially is cause I know you are a great supporter of CE and I did not want to seem like I ignore you. And because I love you bio! :D I don't assume my opinion on how events should work in this game is "the right one" or anything and I think it would be weird and unfair if you try to confine to my standards, because I can't even fully define them myself. :? :| I mostly just put in what feels right and that's it. *shrug* Thanks for all your submissions so far though! Remember that you don't have to depend on CE to publish events. You can publish standalone event mods as well. Bios event could be integrated into the Anomaly ship mod for example. ;)

Well, it's your mod, so it would make sense the choice would eventually fall to you whether or not an event placed here makes the cut.
Just glad that I finally got it working. Would probably take awhile before I get enough events myself to create a mod having just events.

This one in particular wouldn't work outside of CE anyway due to the different names of the augments, the use of ghost crew in a blew option and the ship itself being one from CE.
A bit of a rewrite would probably be in order.
Sure, it wouldn't be to hard to grab the resources and wouldn't be a problem for those already playing CE anyway. We'll see...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:01 pm

you know... after watching a lets play of a game called Convoy (rogue like-like game semi inspired from FTL and Mad Max) there was an event where a random pirate (privateer) basicly came in and played a game of chess with you in (he acted rather gentleman like) and after a few random "move pawn" "move bishop" "move queen" he won (I assume RNG based on what you picked?... but still, being a chess fan... that is 3 moves... you can only get check mate in 4 moves... -shrugs-) and he joins your crew and other loot...

since then I imagined a Zoltan in CE offering a game and simply flipping the board (which was an option throughout the convoy event) could result in a bad ending or what ever... what made me think of CE was the fact the privateer guy from the event from Convoy was specifically interested in you as you were a good commander and good at organising your crew and such in your convoy... being a Captain so to say...

Not asking this specificity to be an event. Twas just an idea that I couldn't get out of my head for the past few weeks that kept coming back to mind. decided to share it here.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:50 am

R4V3-0N wrote:you know... after watching a lets play of a game called Convoy (rogue like-like game semi inspired from FTL and Mad Max) there was an event where a random pirate (privateer) basicly came in and played a game of chess with you in (he acted rather gentleman like) and after a few random "move pawn" "move bishop" "move queen" he won (I assume RNG based on what you picked?... but still, being a chess fan... that is 3 moves... you can only get check mate in 4 moves... -shrugs-) and he joins your crew and other loot...

since then I imagined a Zoltan in CE offering a game and simply flipping the board (which was an option throughout the convoy event) could result in a bad ending or what ever... what made me think of CE was the fact the privateer guy from the event from Convoy was specifically interested in you as you were a good commander and good at organising your crew and such in your convoy... being a Captain so to say...

Not asking this specificity to be an event. Twas just an idea that I couldn't get out of my head for the past few weeks that kept coming back to mind. decided to share it here.

Mate in 4... Embarrassing. But it would have to be your first game without getting any explanation to have that happen to you.
Had the idea of some riddle events myself really. Get a small riddle, and if you get it right, a reward. Get it wrong, bad stuff.
Sort of like the same of the slug and moons event.
I'll write one and see what happens.
Channel link
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:55 am

Biohazard063 wrote:Mate in 4... Embarrassing. But it would have to be your first game without getting any explanation to have that happen to you.
Had the idea of some riddle events myself really. Get a small riddle, and if you get it right, a reward. Get it wrong, bad stuff.
Sort of like the same of the slug and moons event.
I'll write one and see what happens.

"What has 6 legs in the morning, 4 legs in the afternoon and no legs at night?"
"A Mantis?"
"Correct. It has 6 legs out of the Clone Bay, 4 legs after gruelling combat with another Mantis and no legs after a 3rd Mantis kills it!"
PiratedChaos

Postby PiratedChaos » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:33 am

Terminator Event

Occurs in: Uncharted Nebula, Industrial Sector, Slug Home Nebula, Slug Controlled Nebula, Hazard Sector, any nebula in any sector.

Despite the cloudiness of the gases, you happen across a...unidentified cruiser? It looks nothing like you've ever seen before.

1. Board and investigate.

2. Fire a rogue shot.

3. Leave the thing alone.

4. (AI Crew) Communicate with the ship.

1a. The ship appears to be empty except for one piece of machinery. It looks deactivated, but not damaged.

1aa. Reactivate.

1ab. Get the hell out of there.

1ac. (Engi Crew) Have your Engi inspect the object.

1aaa. You reactivate the thing...and it's a robot! It takes one of your men by surprise and insantly decapitates him. It mumbles, "GET OUT". You follow its orders and leave before anyone else dies. (Lose crew)

1aab. You reactivate the thing...and it's a robot! Your man manages to disable it with plasma fire, but it speaks, "I'LL BE BACK", and starts heading towards you. Your crew runs toward the airlocks and prepares for battle! (Fight an AI ship and one skilled AI Boarder)

1aca. The Engi scans the thing and reveals it's a Terminator bot model 800. He says it is highly dangerous and best to get off before anything happens. (Nothing)

1acb. The Engi scans the thing, and it reactivates for no reason! The Engi somehow managed to destroy it, however, with a lucky blast of his rifle. "It must have been damaged", the engi mumbles. "We can scrap this android". (High Scrap)

1acc. The Engi scans the thing, and reveals it's a Terminator bot model 800. He reactivates it, and to your surprise is programmed with a good man. It shows you around its cruiser, and offers a well hidden piece of tech. You thank it and get out before it changes its mind.(Random weapon + low scrap

2a. You fire a laser bolt at the ship and its hull shudders. You continue to fire at it and eventually breaks apart. A team heads in to investigate the remains, and finds three items: A damaged weapon, a note, and a broken piece of unknown machinery. Your men have so much scrap already, they can only take one. They take...

2aa. The weapon.

2ab. The note.

2ac. The machinery.

2aaa. You take the broken weapon. You find a note written beside it saying the name of a store that could repair this gun. (Gain Augment "Broken Weapons", a Quest is added to your map)

2aba. You take the note. It reads: "This is SkyNet official document. We have released the new T-800 bot to local ships to counter the 'Galactic Federation'. We will rule this universe". A second note is written beside it. "This is it we are defeated..the last 800 model ship. We will deactivate it until someone happens across it. They will know the usefulness of the T-800. The metal on the back of the note can be used to repair it. COORDS: XXXX". You scrap the metal and take note of the coordinates written on the page. (Low scrap, a Quest is added to your map.

2aca. You take the broken machinery. Once back aboard you read a refined text on a sphere. "This is the t-800 computer port. It stores all the data needed. Can be used to condensation into something useful". Your craftiest man 'condenses' the chip, and it transforms into some drone parts/arnaments/fuel cells/scrap (drone parts, missiles, fuel, or medium scrap)

4a. Your AI Avatar attempts to hail the unknown cruiser. The ship responds back, saying, "F*CK YOU ASSH*LE".

4aa. Nobody treats me like that! Kill them bastards!

4ab. Negotiate.

4aaa. You fire at the ship, and the cruiser immediately responds by powering up their weapons! (Fight)

4aba. Your AI attempts to negotiate a trade, but the ship keeps on repeating the same words. You give up. (nothing)

4abb. Your AI attempts to negotiate a trade. The ship responds, "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE TAKE THE SCRAP". (High scrap)

BROKEN WEAPONS QUEST

You arrive at the designated coordinates. A sturdy-looking fellow greets you with a warm smile. "Welcome to our humble shop. Is there anything you'd like to purchase?"

1. I have some broken weapon I need repairing.

1a. "Ahhh...I can fix that. Hold on a moment...THERE! I've just rebuilt that weaponry. I think you will really like it! That is 30 scrap for the repair, sir."

1aa. Pay. (-30 scrap)

1ab. Activate your weapons menacingly.

1aba. "Wh..what? There is no need for aggression..besides...aren't we friends?"

1abaa. Attack (Fight)

1abab. Pay.

1abb. "*Gulp* Uhm..of course sir...take a free weapon...thanks for..coming by.."

COORDINATES QUEST

You happen to run into an abandoned base. As you board it, you find a small shrine that looks like a place to put the machinery. As you place it down, a bright light comes out of the shrine. "THANK YOU" a robotic voice says. "YOU HAVE RETURNED A RELIC FROM ANOTHER TIMELINE! YOU WILL BE GENEROUSLY REWARDED! HOW ABOUT...SOME UPGRADES TO YOUR SYSTEMS! (1 Engine, 1 Shield, 1 reactor, or 1 weapon upgrade)
Won on Hard: All ships! :D
Won on CE Hard: Kestrel A, Engi C, Federation B, Zoltan C, Slug A, Rock B