FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:There are a few instances where it uses a single ship ID instead (Khazaak event?), but usually it uses lists. FTL is all about randomizing stuff...

I've seen Kazaaak's ship sometimes not have a teleporter.

Speaking of which, shouldn't the legendary Mantis thief himself have an awesome ship to go with his reputation? Like an Invasion Barge or a Bomber or something?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:26 am

I think kazaaak is just going around hunting and such, which is easier in a smaller ship I would imagine and such. That and from memory his cruiser he's working on wasn't finished.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:42 am

stylesrj wrote:I've seen Kazaaak's ship sometimes not have a teleporter.

Systems are randomized independently from ships. The question was whether Kazaak always flies a bomber. I don't think that the case... Hoewever there is this one Mantis event where the enemy flees and you can chase them, only to find them again with a much better ship. I think that events force certain ships (Scout and Bomber).
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:44 am

wait, he flies a bomber? for me he was in a fighter... this was pre-AE though and only time I ever saw him was in FTL: Stations Job mod which I saw him in a bomber...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 am

Yeah as mentioned I wasn't sure if Kazaak's ship is drawn from a list or not. Apparently it is randomized, as he seems to be flying different ships whenever encountered. ;)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 am

It's always been a Fighter for me. With or without a teleporter. Maybe it's a bomber in later sectors
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:58 am

Now i'm really tempted to make a ship especially for kazaaak but the coding end isn't exactly the best for me in terms of events... or anything... at enemies I do best at the art...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Now i'm really tempted to make a ship especially for kazaaak but the coding end isn't exactly the best for me in terms of events... or anything... at enemies I do best at the art...

If you want, I've got a ship that could be used (Kazaaak's Revenge)for a bossfight. Although it has no gibs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rec30 ... evenge.ftl

It could use a bit of touching up and proper shadows too...

[/toothorn]
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:09 am

interesting and a bit rough, and also mixed-race engines (Human + Mantis stacks) is also quite odd and doesn't fit the vanilla feel I normally aim for (or if auditioned to CE- what Sleeper S. want...)

Not saying it's bad! it kinda looks cool, but it's slightly to large and a bit mixed so to say. (It have to fit the enemy screen and not be a cruiser because Kazaaak is already building a cruiser)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Well Kazaaak is a legendary thief... so why wouldn't he steal parts from Federation ships to build his boss ship?

Although, perhaps his boss ship should include many hulls from different ships. Slug, Zoltan, Engi...