[Unsolved] Image Issues

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
jonny_AB

Re: Mod Issues

Postby jonny_AB » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:52 pm

In your ship blueprint, you have the weapon count set as 1; change it to 2 for both weapons to be available
(just as an aside, you also have the drones count set to 2, even though you have three drones listed. not sure if this is how you wanted it though.)
Then, in animations.xml, you have the <animSheet> tag for the laser set to use the bomb image, but without the .png. Change that to weapons/supernova_laser_1.png

Also, I'm not sure if it's necessary or not, but you don't have your weapons added to the <startingWeapons> list in blueprints.xml.
My Mods:
Need to contact me? Shoot me a tweet @Jonny_AB
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:55 pm

jonny_AB wrote:In your ship blueprint, you have the weapon count set as 1; change it to 2 for both weapons to be available
(just as an aside, you also have the drones count set to 2, even though you have three drones listed. not sure if this is how you wanted it though.)

Yeah, I don't know how that happened. Derp.

jonny_AB wrote:Then, in animations.xml, you have the <animSheet> tag for the laser set to use the bomb image, but without the .png. Change that to weapons/supernova_laser_1.png

I'll fix that.
jonny_AB wrote:Also, I'm not sure if it's necessary or not, but you don't have your weapons added to the <startingWeapons> list in blueprints.xml.

I didn't think about that, I'll look into it.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:38 pm

It's not neccessary to add weapons to startingWeapons list; player ships start with the weapon just fine, and I've even received my modded weapon from an event, without adding it to any lists whatsoever. Apparently non-zero rarity is the only thing needed.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:10 pm

kartoFlane wrote:It's not neccessary to add weapons to startingWeapons list; player ships start with the weapon just fine, and I've even received my modded weapon from an event, without adding it to any lists whatsoever. Apparently non-zero rarity is the only thing needed.

This is probably right, since by accident, i sometimes forgot adding my custom weapons to the starting list, and the weapon still worked just fine. But i guess we are too lazy to make things slighty different now.. lol. I personally have the starting weapon list to have a sorted list (with commentaries, like weapons level 1, weapons level 2, etc) of all my custom weapons, so i can see wat weapons are weak, or not (for modding references). But thats all.. lol. Same with the drone list.

I do this cuz sometimes is really hard to see all the custom weapons u make. When u have more than 30 custom weapons, the task of identify all of em, just navigating through the xml file can be really tedious. With the list, i know exactly how many weapons i created, the level of em, etc (and this helps me as well to add em to my custom events).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:30 pm

**Update
I have one bug yet to squash before my ship is ready for release. The images don't appear for the weapons, and it resorts to using the default laser. This might be because I named my files wrong or something, so I'll look into that.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Is there a way to define the amount of reactor power a ship starts with? All I see relating to power is maxpower, which only sets the maximum for the ship.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Thunderr wrote:Is there a way to define the amount of reactor power a ship starts with? All I see relating to power is maxpower, which only sets the maximum for the ship.

Maximum reactor power is the maximum quantity of active bars u start with (so this is wat u want), not the maximum a ship can handle...
ImageImage
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm

speedoflight wrote:Maximum reactor power is the maximum quantity of active bars u start with (so this is wat u want), not the maximum a ship can handle...

Really? I set it to six and it gave me six bars maximum and six bars to start. I'll play around with it and see if that's right.
shark

Re: Weapon Issues

Postby shark » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 pm

speedoflight wrote:Besides, u can just test it if u are not sure, with 10 u will see u ignite fire at the same reate as 100, meaning, a value bigger than 10 will be just 10.

I'd very much object to this preposition... "just behaving like it's the same" is way different than "everything over 10 will just be 10".
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
speedoflight

Re: Weapon Issues

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:49 pm

shark wrote:
speedoflight wrote:Besides, u can just test it if u are not sure, with 10 u will see u ignite fire at the same reate as 100, meaning, a value bigger than 10 will be just 10.

I'd very much object to this preposition... "just behaving like it's the same" is way different than "everything over 10 will just be 10".

¿? firechance = 100 is the same as firechance = 10. firechance = 50 is the same as firechance = 10.

Maybe u understand it now better ;)
ImageImage