Jeff's Custom Ship Hulls

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DryEagle

Re: Jeff's Custom Ship Hulls

Postby DryEagle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 pm

also you'll notice there's some pink edges around your bits you spliced - all stock FTL ships have a light pink glow around them, make sure you remove this, magic want with ~80% value on blank space usually selects it all.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 am

DryEagle wrote:also you'll notice there's some pink edges around your bits you spliced - all stock FTL ships have a light pink glow around them, make sure you remove this, magic want with ~80% value on blank space usually selects it all.

That is going to be a lot better when I resume production. For that Federation Fighter I just filled in that space with light green and erased very carefully, which is as tedious when I tried drawing ships symmetrically on grid paper.

I actually would at my join date have created a topic on the FTL ships drawn to the best scale I could get on 1/4 inch grid paper, but the Scanner I had set up decided to loose all of its cables while moving my computer.
zuesman101

Postby zuesman101 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Would you mid if I used the smallest hull in my own build. I will give you credit in the description.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:38 pm

zuesman101 wrote:Would you mid if I used the smallest hull in my own build. I will give you credit in the description.

The thread is nearly two years old and the guy probably hasn't been on in that long either (according to last visited which is 2013).

Either he wouldn't mind or you'll be waiting a long time for an answer.

EDIT: Heh, eventually most of my posts will be "Don't bump old threads!"
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:47 am

Actually unlike some out of date threads this one can be pumped as it's a resource thread and just because these hulls were made awhile ago doesn't mean you can't use them anymore.

Anyway Jeff made these hulls for people to use. Kinda silly if you are asking them for permission. Just make sure to credit him.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Aurelius

Postby Aurelius » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Any chance we can have some gibs for the Bastard?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Jeff isn't around any more, but I think 5thHorseman's "The Potential" mod uses Jeff's custom artwork. Maybe you could try asking him?