The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
AgentTHeKat

Re: The Shipyard

Postby AgentTHeKat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Oh hey, I should probably post stuff here! A lot of this is in Project Coalition but I made it so I have the rights.

If anyone wants to ask about using any of these sprites, the best way to contact me is on discord @AgentTHeKat#1953

WARNING! This is a HUGE post. IDK why I need to warn for that but yeah..
Section 1: Decent Ships
Elite Rebel Right Pirate---Rebel Corvette ("Guard" in PC)---Federation Fighter---Crystal Scout the actually has the correct type b colors*---Federation assault**
Image---Image ---Image---Image---Image
*Bomber Coming Soon
**This guy is DEFINITELY too big for the enemy box; but someone can use it as a playership
Free Mantis Interdictor---Federation Station---Downscaled Kestrel Cruiser
Image---Image---Image
Damaged Autoscout---Fed Scout with a centered vent. Yes, vanilla vent is NOT centered.
Image---Image

Section 2: Decent Weapons
Scythe Beam---Dark matter something or another*---"Guass" Artillery---Chain Damage Laser
Image-Image---Image-Image---Image-Image---Image-Image-Image
*could be a beam or bomb or anything really
Upgraded Minibeam---Gatling Gun---Frost Laser MK I---Frost Laser MK2
Image-Image---Image---Image-Image--Image-Image
Minigun Artillery---Ion Beam
Image---Image-Image

Section 3: Decent Drones
Mother Drone: Shoots smaller drones the wreak havoc. Varients: Regular, and Hacking (ion damage).
Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
On the right are the several different projectiles I made. Longer ones spin slower and show more detail. Each one has a varient where the entire drone spins, and where the "blades" spin.
Shield Drone MK II
ImageImageImage
Frost Drone MK I
ImageImageImage
Frost Drone MK II
ImageImageImage

Section 4: The Questionables/probably bad
ships
Old Rebel Corvette---Unfinished Coalition Samurai Helmet
Image---Image
"Zoltan Deleter" Anti-Bio Beam
Image-Image
Guillotine Anti-Bio Beam
Image-Image
Makeshift Laser
Image-Image
Makeshift Drone
ImageImageImage

Section 5: Fleet Ships
Here's just one big image with all of them. Not ALL of these are mine but most are, only like 3 aren't. It's probably fine.
It's me, one of those Multiverse Devs!
Do you have a ship sprite you aren't sure about? Do you think it could be better, but aren't sure how?
Contact me on discord (AgentTheKat#1953), and I'll see what I can do! It's kind of my thing.
Kaalishavir

Postby Kaalishavir » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:36 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
steamtex wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Um... I can take a gander at making those ships... do I have to try to make it as strict to the original art as possible or should I try to do what CE did and downscale the ship and remove/ alter/ add features?

The other also happens to be the Osprey, which means the Federation (frigate?) will have to be longer than the Fed cruisers.

I do not quite buy it that 1 of the two fleetfed ships is the osprey. I mean if it is, you got a pair of these long range lasers that ignore shields that could probably destroy the rebel flagship in just a single blow combined.
On top of that it's description mentions how it is brand new, I doubt the last federation fleet the same one that lasted for awhile has more then a bakers dozen.

Osprey miniship art (resized a lil to match the length of the fed cruiser art length) compared to unknown federation cruiser...

Notice how none of the details carry over AT ALL.

I am not trying to put a damper on your pirade, but it isn't an exact match, not by a long shot. Even the estimated front looks different. as well as the bridge, the mid section, and vaguely the engines. (looks like a 4 exhaust engine to me on the fedcruiser)

However that isn't stopping me from going to replicate both =P

I would like to say, that the "Hawk" or any of the other Federation warships that are shown in the background are not to scale with the Osprey.
The Rebel warships that often fire upon players are vastly larger than the playable cruisers. This can be inferred by the small size of the ASB projectiles in relation to the warships, but the large size of the projectiles as they strike the player's cruiser.
What I'm getting at here, is that if we assume that Federation warships are roughly the size of the Rebel warships, and we know that they are way larger than playable cruisers, then there is no chance that any of the background warships happen to be the Osprey.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:24 am

perhaps its just a really REALLY large osprey lmao
AgentTHeKat

Postby AgentTHeKat » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Kaalishavir wrote:I would like to say, that the "Hawk" or any of the other Federation warships that are shown in the background are not to scale with the Osprey.

Finally, someone gets it.
That being said, it is a little suspicious that the fleet ships are almost exactly 1/4 the length of the cruisers. A lot of people believe that the fleet is cruiser size, and I'm happy to provide them (see signature) Based on that measure, I made a kestrel. Maybe some day I'll make a big and small version. As it stands now, it's a little bigger than fed fleet medium.
If you want the fleet to be big (like it's supposed to be) then you can call this a large. i'll probably make two downsizes instead of the normal 1 that I usually do. Since this is ship yard, anyone can use these.
here's a type b because why not

I also made a few kestrels themselves. First up, let me make one thing clear: The vanilla kestrel's (left) version of fed colors is disgusting. So, I replaced them with federation cruiser colors (right).
ImageImage
Here's a "civilian" kestrel with the pain removed, also fed cruiser colors
and fed c pirate colors. The logo is made by kix for slaver pirates, you can remove that if you really want, shouldn't be too hard.
Do you have a ship sprite you aren't sure about? Do you think it could be better, but aren't sure how?
Contact me on discord (AgentTheKat#1953), and I'll see what I can do! It's kind of my thing.
Markus_McCloud

Postby Markus_McCloud » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33 am

AgentTHeKat wrote:
Kaalishavir wrote:I would like to say, that the "Hawk" or any of the other Federation warships that are shown in the background are not to scale with the Osprey.

Finally, someone gets it.
That being said, it is a little suspicious that the fleet ships are almost exactly 1/4 the length of the cruisers. A lot of people believe that the fleet is cruiser size, and I'm happy to provide them (see signature) Based on that measure, I made a kestrel. Maybe some day I'll make a big and small version. As it stands now, it's a little bigger than fed fleet medium.
If you want the fleet to be big (like it's supposed to be) then you can call this a large. i'll probably make two downsizes instead of the normal 1 that I usually do. Since this is ship yard, anyone can use these.
here's a type b because why not

I also made a few kestrels themselves. First up, let me make one thing clear: The vanilla kestrel's (left) version of fed colors is disgusting. So, I replaced them with federation cruiser colors (right).
ImageImage
Here's a "civilian" kestrel with the pain removed, also fed cruiser colors
and fed c pirate colors. The logo is made by kix for slaver pirates, you can remove that if you really want, shouldn't be too hard.

Speaking of Kestrels...

They're called MISS-iles for a reason.
AgentTHeKat

Postby AgentTHeKat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 am

Well, I realize the forums aren't too active these days, but I'm still gonna post stuff here every once in a while in case someone wants something that I make. As always, anything I post is free for anyone to use as long as you like, let me know or something, discord in signature.
Oh, yeah, it's the slug station! Now in grape, edgy, and banana flavors. Hand-drawn-no-splice, of course.
ImageImageImage
Handdrawn mantis boy. In cherry and radioactive blue-raspberry flavors. Bigger in-game than it looks.
ImageImage
Tiny itty bitty boy. Made as a "civilian" ship, hence why it's so small. Hand-drawn, minus the scout engines
Beep boop. It's an auto-ship. 100% hand-drawn, you know how it is.
Now this one probably won't get much use, but it's a federation auto-ship. made for FTL: multiverse, which is really early in development at the moment but you can dm me on discord if you want a link to the server
Super duper edgy man. Lanius cruser in Rock B colors. Made on commission but like, they didn't pay or anything so I'm pretty sure it's cool to hand this out.

And the moment you're been waiting for! It's:
Fixing Vanilla Things
So far I've only really done engi, and slug but those weren't very great so I won't post them.
Basically, I've just overhauled shading on some vanilla ships to make them better.
Engi
ImageImage
Lanius Lanius Lanius! As you might know, lanius in vanilla are completely symmetrical. Well, to that I say BAH! Here's a lanius scout with directional shading
Scout is a lot easier than bomber, which is why I've only done scout. Maybe more coming soon.

Fleet fleet fleet! As the sole creator of fleetships in this entire community, I guess here's an updated sheet. Some (5) of them aren't mine but like. Who cares??? Fleet is awsome!
I think the new ones are: A new rebel fleet, bigger and small fed-b ships, small civilian blank ships, a zoltan fleet (NOT MINE!!!! I just can't be bothered to remove it just for a forum post), bigger lanius fleet, and Battlestar Galactica (if anyone other than ftl:bsg folk would want it use it for some reason?)

And I know this is a long post, but it's almost over! Here's a palette for most of the ship types. Lanius seems to be highly requested, so now that I finally did it, I figured I'd post it on the forums somewhere. Blacked out colors mean I haven't got around to them yet. Maybe one day. Who needs to use stealth b&c colors anyway?
Well, that's all for now. Stay tuned.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:23 am

Bonk! Kat made a post. As in the tradition, I must now post my assets so I am not forgotten.
All of these are free for everyone to use, as long as y'all credit me.

Bam. Kapow. Its a hand drawn auto ship
Cloak:

I posted this ship a while ago, but in Mantis A colors. Manits B version:

Rebel Zoltan:

Wierd Kestrel Recolor things (currently used in BSG, but I guess anyone else can use them)

I also posted this ship earlier, but in Type A form. Now it has ascended to edgy boi colors:

But wait, theres more!

Various ships made for PC (which is now more or less dead) They vary in quality...

Ugh the crystals on this one arent aligned... but its insignificant so its probably fine?

This one uses parts from ships in VV (vicious vessels, made by woona)

And now, for the wierd player ship recolors. (Some of these are recent, others are from like 3 years ago)

Fancier Slug C (has black/brown segments near the front rather than solid yellow)

same slug C scheme but with enemies (not crappy CE recolors, you're welcome society)

Same sort of thing, but with Engi B. I just feel this is more interesting looking

same Engi B scheme but with enemies (Also not crappy CE recolors, you're welcome society)

More slug recolors, this time in type B colors (still not crappy CE recolors)

scarlet lanius ship. Probably my best recolor ever
blue lanius ship
sketchy yellow lanius ship
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... base_2.png

asteroid engi
high tech engi???
another random engi

orange crystal ship (fire based?)
cyan/teal crystal ship (stealth based???)

Fire Fed Cruiser
G r e y
Rebel pirate paint fed cruiser
Elite Fed Cruiser?

Elite Fed enemies?

Medical slug ship
not quite edgy boi

Really lazily executed shadow zoltan ship

damage rock cruiser thing

Ghost Kestrel

Ight thats about all of the ships.
Now for a little advertising time:
I can make miniships. You know, the little icons in the hangar select that no one likes to make. I make them. Takes about a day for a unique hull. If you need me to make them, join the FTL discord and ping Puffias Leroy McBillington III (thats me) in the modding channel and send me your hull and request a miniship and I'll make it as soon as I can. Examples:

(most of these hulls I did not make myself, I only made the miniships. These are just examples of my work please dont use them they're for other people)
Markus_McCloud

Postby Markus_McCloud » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:05 am

It took me a while, but I repainted R4V3-0N's Federation ship into Federation B / Militia colors:

Here's his for comparison:

With Multiverse's Militia logo

Without any logo
They're called MISS-iles for a reason.
please dont touch me

Postby please dont touch me » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:54 am

wuh oh its ship and weapon time

Weapons
big ol boy

cylinder boye

larger version of the rectangle laser

weird heavy laser

basic chain hull laser

another big artillery boye

Ships

crystal splice

weird mantis boye

questionable zoltan ship. Fixed its shading, but its perspective is still off.

big rock

rebel boyes

pirate counterparts

elite counterparts (done by kingdomkrafters)
wow! its The Guy
Discord - microwave#0388. Contact if you need pirate paint done or just general shading work.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Feel free to use any of the below sprites as you want (so long as you credit me of course), but do note a majority of them are used in the overhaul I work on, Multiverse.

Blue slug with gradient. Used in Multiverse

Tropical slug with gradient. Not used for anything, I just made it because I could.

Zoltan electricity thing. Used in Multiverse.

Frog Zoltan? Used in Multiverse.

Horrifying party zoltan thing. Not used for anything, as you can see it was used in the creation of the other two zoltan ships above

Better zoltan miniship! The one in vanilla is horrid and needs to be purged from existence, so I made a fixed shading version.
Vanilla zoltan miniship for reference:

Mantis thing. Used in Multiverse

Albino Mantis. Used in Multiverse

Cyan Engi with lights. Used in Multiverse

Engi ship made of parts of all 3 regular engi ships. Used in Multiverse

End of recolors, time for some new hulls;

Coalition Cruiser. PDTM also helped with this one. Used in Multiverse.

Coalition Cruiser B. Used in Multiverse.

Coalition Cruiser C. Used in Multiverse.

Separatist Cruiser. Used in Multiverse

Separatist Cruiser B. Used in Multiverse.

Separatist Cruiser C. Used in Multiverse.

Auto-Surveyor. Used in Multiverse.

Auto-Hacker. Used in Multiverse.

Auto-Transport. Used in Multiverse.

Coalition Station (a.k.a. amalgamation of slug, rock, mantis, and crystal bits). Used in Multiverse.

Coalition Jailer. Used in Multiverse.

Elite Fed ships. Used in Multiverse.

Ghost Ships. Used in Multiverse.

Some kernal weapons in the style of Woona's Orchid mod. Used in Multiverse.

Some other weapons I've made. All of them are used in Multiverse.
To upload the glow/chain/charge things for all of these would be painful, it already hurts to upload all of the weapons. If you somehow aren't able to make them yourself but want to use the weapons, just dm me and I'll supply them (within... some time... I don't check the forums all that often)
Image Kat also helped with the firing anim on this one

Some unfinished or weird weapons... feel free to use them but they're a little wonky.