The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Lamina

Re: The Shipyard

Postby Lamina » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:53 pm

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:55 am

Lamina wrote:I should have been more precise. I was thinking small in terms of having room for all systems - AE and Base.

If you really want to, you can stack systems. not such a good idea i'd say, especially if a man-able room is on the bottom 'cause then you can't man it, but possible and there are some player ships like that
Those ships you linked are really beautiful. Tiny boxes of doom. :D

Gencool makes great mods, every single one is great:

here's a list with links of them: https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... s/d0ykej5/
CurseDC

Postby CurseDC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Can anyone do gibs and cloak for this ship?
http://prntscr.com/g4isyu
The design is made by stargateprovider and I've already done rooms etc, so PM me if you want to help (I'm bad at this style of art :? )
CurseDC

Postby CurseDC » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:08 am

Lamina wrote:It was meant as a player ship, but I realised It would be way to small.

http://prntscr.com/g4k2pb
You were saying?
Lamina

Postby Lamina » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 am

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:14 pm

While working on my first ship mod, I've had an idea for a Type B version. After setting up the inside of the ship, I started work on a hull image, but I quickly realized that I can't do it alone. So, who wants to help me out?

I need the Mantis Bomber repainted in Federation livery with Fed-style stripes: both the hull image and all gibs, border glow included. Once I get those, I can get to work on the special weapon's spritesheet to make it match and once I've done that, I'll only have one or two more things to do before releasing the ship. You will get credit, of course. Just don't add a stripe on the part I've circled in this image. Thank you!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:15 am

PR0T05T33L wrote:While working on my first ship mod, I've had an idea for a Type B version. After setting up the inside of the ship, I started work on a hull image, but I quickly realized that I can't do it alone. So, who wants to help me out?

I need the Mantis Bomber repainted in Federation livery with Fed-style stripes: both the hull image and all gibs, border glow included. Once I get those, I can get to work on the special weapon's spritesheet to make it match and once I've done that, I'll only have one or two more things to do before releasing the ship. You will get credit, of course. Just don't add a stripe on the part I've circled in this image. Thank you!

Does this look okay so far?

EDIT: Image
Discord: ATLAS#9226
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:59 am

I don't really like the stripe below the windscreen and the other stripes go a bit over the edge of the ship. Maybe make the top stripes perpendicular to the edge of the ship and make them wrap around the fins and the inner edges too. And if you can keep any lines that were already on the hull, that'd be nice. The shading is a bit off as well; the colours of the stripes don't blend together like they should on a curved edge.
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:10 am

PR0T05T33L wrote:I don't really like the stripe below the windscreen and the other stripes go a bit over the edge of the ship. Maybe make the top stripes perpendicular to the edge of the ship and make them wrap around the fins and the inner edges too. And if you can keep any lines that were already on the hull, that'd be nice. The shading is a bit off as well; the colours of the stripes don't blend together like they should on a curved edge.

I do understand the shading is off, although i'm trying my best to correct it. The Federation color palette is 3 colors and shades of white, while Mantises have a color palette which is 4-5 shades of orange, it's somewhat difficult in general to correct shading.

About the stripes slightly going off of the edge, it's not a huge problem, since most people won't notice it or nitpick-it that much.

But I'll get to it on the stripe near the windscreen.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:00 am

Thanks for trying, Arfy!

Anyone else want to give this a go?

Mantis Bomber, Federation colours, Fed-style stripes, but none touching the part I circled. Hull, gibs, border glow around them. Keep all existing details as they are, don't erase details under the stripes. And if any stripes go over the edges with fins, make sure the stripes continue going over the fins. And make the brown parts gray. Thanks!