[MOD][WIP]The Halo Mod Updated V1.0.1 Feb 23

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Evilnicko

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Halo Mod

Postby Evilnicko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 am

Lord0fHam wrote:Well as kartoFlane said above, I guess the racial abilities are all hardcoded, so the most I can do is reskin them. I also hope to use his ship editor Superluminal (it's great, check it out!) when it is done for mac in order to make more new playable ships. I made th Pillar of Autumn totally by editing files myself. I can do that for the playable ships, but it was a lot of work. I also am not completely sure how make enemy ships without his editor.

Also do you guys think I should change the events involving rebel pursuit to covenant pursuit or escaping the growing Flood infestation?

And as always, if anyone has any event ideas, I need all the ideas I can get.

I will probably have a download up later today for the first release with a few things done already.

If it is going to be the most advanced flood that isn't inter galatic then flood , but if it is the dumber flood it wouldn't make much sense to have them piloting space ships so then Covenant. Also I am pretty sure there is a mod that adds ghosts as a new species, so if you can't edit the species, why don't you create your own tailored to your liking?
shark

Postby shark » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm

I wouldn't make such unfactual statements Evilnicko. Unless you had a breakthrough and managed to pull of some of those things you mention.

Things you can't do:
- add new races
- change racial abilities
- add new ships
- add new augments
- change tooltips
- add new systems/subsystems
- add new functionalities

Things you can do:
- add animations
- add sprites
- add sounds
- add scripts
- change values
- add weapon blueprints
- add ship layouts

Feel free to play in this sandbox. But please, try to make something interesting instead of yet another cosmetic total conversion.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:00 pm

I intended to make all new events and stuff too, not just what I've done so far...
Evilnicko

Postby Evilnicko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 pm

shark wrote:I wouldn't make such unfactual statements Evilnicko. Unless you had a breakthrough and managed to pull of some of those things you mention.

Things you can't do:
- add new races
- change racial abilities
- add new ships
- add new augments
- change tooltips
- add new systems/subsystems
- add new functionalities

Things you can do:
- add animations
- add sprites
- add sounds
- add scripts
- change values
- add weapon blueprints
- add ship layouts

Feel free to play in this sandbox. But please, try to make something interesting instead of yet another cosmetic total conversion.

Ahem, explain how the ghost stories mod works , which adds a new ghost species with 50 hp and no need of oxygen to live. If you can't add or change properties of species , the creator of the mod must be magic...

And you can make ships to replace default ones...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Ghosts are an existing race.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:46 pm

UltraMantis is right, the ghosts are an existing race in FTL, they are just not obtainable by the player because they are not implemented.
Evilnicko

Postby Evilnicko » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 am

Oh ok then, but I am still pretty sure I saw a mod with new augmentations ( a new kestrel I think) but I suppose it could be normally unobtainable augmentations.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 pm

With the help of AtillaBosma's weapon making tutorial and the one of the game creators, I have figured out how to create my own weapon animations. New weapons are on the way!
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Really cool. Always loved the UNSC ships like the Pillar. If you'd like some help on the graphic side of things, I might be able to help.

Check out my current WIP : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11604
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 am

DauntlessK wrote:Really cool. Always loved the UNSC ships like the Pillar. If you'd like some help on the graphic side of things, I might be able to help.

Check out my current WIP : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11604

That's a very cool mod you've got going there! In terms of graphics for mine, the Pillar currently looks ok but not great. If you want to take the picture I have and somehow convert it to a more FTL style drawing, that would be great! Also a cool looking weapon strip for a nuclear missile launcher would be good. Tell me if you want the picture of the Pillar or to help with anything else like weapons or races.

I don't know if you intend to do this with your mod, but I understand pretty well how to code in new weapons and things, so if you want help with that I can help you out too.