[MOD][WIP]The Halo Mod Updated V1.0.1 Feb 23

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Lord0fHam

[MOD][WIP]The Halo Mod Updated V1.0.1 Feb 23

Postby Lord0fHam » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 pm

I have decided to make a total conversion of the game to make it Halo themed. I'm going to add new weapons, ships, sectors, events, etc. I have some ideas, but I need more. I am going to make all new sectors after all so I need many new events. If there are any Halo fans (or not) out there that would like to suggest any new events, weapons, etc. or help out with art for new things, please post below. It is starting off as a ship, weapon mod, but will continue to grow into something even bigger. Progress may be slow because I don't have lots of time to do this, but I will work on it when I can.

Completed:
new backround for title screen
changed title music to halo theme
Pillar of Autumn is in game (no new weapons or anything yet)

In Progress:
new weapons
new pillar art with help of DauntlessK

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
You need to install GMM to use this mod! If you want to make sure my mod is loaded correctly, put it at the bottom of the mod order file in GMM.
This mod is not compatible with other mods that change the Kestral A Layout! In the future there may be other mods it won't be compatible with.

Downloads
The Halo Mod 1.1
GMM

Thanks very much to DauntlessK for making my amazing signature and great help with other artwork.
Check out his Warhammer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Mod

Changelog
Small improvements to mod package

Initial release

If you find any bugs with my mod, please tell me through PM or posting ASAP!

The new title backround image:
Last edited by Lord0fHam on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:56 am, edited 22 times in total.
President Larry

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Halo Mod

Postby President Larry » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:15 am

Pretty cool, I can see the humans being marines and maybe rockmen being spartans? Mantis are elites, and crystal are forerunners. Just my thoughts.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 am

President Larry wrote:Pretty cool, I can see the humans being marines and maybe rockmen being spartans? Mantis are elites, and crystal are forerunners. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of doing something like that. I was thinking human-human(duh), mantis-elite, ghost-grunt(since ghosts do not need oxygen and neither do grunts(they breathe methane)), rock-hunter, crystal-forerunner, slug-flood(maybe?). I don't know what to do with engis or zoltans.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am

I do not know how to make new augmentations, so if someone could tell me how or link to something that would be great!
I also don't know how to do new weapon charging/the actual shot/races animations, so the same as above.
If anyone wants to help with animations, please post below.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 am

Can't make new augs. Best you can do is rename existing ones title and description.

Creating custom weapons is harder and more restricted than making new ships. Consider focusing less on new weapons or you will have tons of work to do. Especially with animations.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:34 am

I know how to make the weapons themselves fine, it's just the animations for charging and firing that I'm not sure about.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 am

Is there a way to edit the effects of the existing augementations or racial abilities?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Nope, sadly they're all hardcoded.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Evilnicko

Postby Evilnicko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Lord0fHam wrote:
President Larry wrote:Pretty cool, I can see the humans being marines and maybe rockmen being spartans? Mantis are elites, and crystal are forerunners. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of doing something like that. I was thinking human-human(duh), mantis-elite, ghost-grunt(since ghosts do not need oxygen and neither do grunts(they breathe methane)), rock-hunter, crystal-forerunner, slug-flood(maybe?). I don't know what to do with engis or zoltans.

Reskin the engi to become an engineer from halo?, zoltans could also be an engineer as they glow , but engi would make more sense.
Also I'd like to see the artillery beam become a mac cannon and the stealth cruiser be the one from Halo:glaslands and Halo:The Thursday War (if you haven't read them already I would reccomend you do!). The Rockman would be more along the line of brute I think, as they are bulky. The Spartans are very fast and have fire resistant armour, so maybe make an edited human version that has added moving speed, fire immunity and maybe slightly less damage than elites(mantis)? Also the elites should have at-least default repair speed as they are more advanced in technology(at least the latest humans, I hope some of you know what I mean ;) ).

Human ships could have Archer missiles that fire maybe 3-4 1 damage missiles and covenant ships plasma torpedos like they do in halo.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Well as kartoFlane said above, I guess the racial abilities are all hardcoded, so the most I can do is reskin them. I also hope to use his ship editor Superluminal (it's great, check it out!) when it is done for mac in order to make more new playable ships. I made th Pillar of Autumn totally by editing files myself. I can do that for the playable ships, but it was a lot of work. I also am not completely sure how make enemy ships without his editor.

Also do you guys think I should change the events involving rebel pursuit to covenant pursuit or escaping the growing Flood infestation?

And as always, if anyone has any event ideas, I need all the ideas I can get.

I will probably have a download up later today for the first release with a few things done already.