[REQUEST] Slave I

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
GarlicFish

[REQUEST] Slave I

Postby GarlicFish » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 pm

For those of you who don't know, the Slave I is Boba Fetts ship, made famous in Star Wars V. This ship reached cult status from the expanded universe (Comics, movies and games) and Star Wars II, where it was owned by Bobas father, Jango. This topic is specifically for this ship, not a Star Wars mod (Although if you are making a Star Wars mod, you should definitely include this ship/make a separate mod just for this ship). Leave a reply if you are planning to make this mod, or know of someone who already has/is planning to :D . (I have included pictures below to demonstrate in how I imagine it would look in game)

VanguardOfValor

Re: [REQUEST] Slave I

Postby VanguardOfValor » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 pm

If you already have a strong idea of how you want the ship to look and work in-game, why don't you try your hand it making it yourself? With all these ship-editing tools floating around, it's a lot more accessible than it used to be, and that way you can get exactly the ship you want.

Plus then you won't have to wait and hope someone else does it for you instead of working on whatever they would have done themselves. :P
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:11 am

That looks wicked, dude. Go for it!
The Rebel Flagship: The only ship to make the DemonStar look like a pansy.

Be ye wary of the ship with the demon airlock...
GarlicFish

Postby GarlicFish » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

VanguardOfValor wrote:If you already have a strong idea of how you want the ship to look and work in-game, why don't you try your hand it making it yourself? With all these ship-editing tools floating around, it's a lot more accessible than it used to be, and that way you can get exactly the ship you want.

Plus then you won't have to wait and hope someone else does it for you instead of working on whatever they would have done themselves. :P

Thats a good idea, I hadn't considered that there were any decent editing tools available (Mainly due to the fact I had seen some very poor renditions of ships e.g. rough edges), but I will definitely look into it :) If you know of any decent tools let me know, but I'll start looking immediately! Thanks for the feedback again .
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Superluminal, the new editor on the block, definitely sounds like it's a lot easier to use than the other options.

There's also my tutorial, linked from my sig. Several of the steps will be a lot easier using Superluminal than using FTLEdit - step 7 in particular I think Superluminal does all for you, and step 9 is a bit easier too.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
GarlicFish

Postby GarlicFish » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Have just started working on it using FTLEdit, however only as a rough draft (Will post here when done), will be looking to tidy it up after the first copy. Any feedback given is appreciated :) .