[MOD][WIP] Starcraft Total Conversion

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Tuesday

Re: [MOD][WIP] Starcraft Total Conversion

Postby Tuesday » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Update:

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt44 ... icture.png

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt44 ... cture2.png

I've actually had these done for awhile, but I've been working on some UI stuff, that I don't wanna show you guys just yet. Also, getting the ships ingame, is really simple, the only thing is that the room layout system is time consuming.
Drasha

Postby Drasha » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:43 pm

I think it would be interesting if only protoss started with shields. Might need to re balance weapons around ships having fewer/no shields.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.
Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about that, I think it would work pretty well, I just have to figure out how to balance that. I am thinking that MAYBE, I could give the Terran/Zerg an invisible zoltan shield, that would take a few hits, but wouldn't regen like the units in Starcraft.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Tuesday wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that, I think it would work pretty well, I just have to figure out how to balance that. I am thinking that MAYBE, I could give the Terran/Zerg an invisible zoltan shield, that would take a few hits, but wouldn't regen like the units in Starcraft.

My thought would be that terran would have solid hull strength, but would be shieldless and dependent on repair drones (reskin to SCVs).

The Zoltan shield would make for a nice 'defensive matrix' for terran, but they still wouldn't have normal shields (normal shields being the domain of the protoss).
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:
Tuesday wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that, I think it would work pretty well, I just have to figure out how to balance that. I am thinking that MAYBE, I could give the Terran/Zerg an invisible zoltan shield, that would take a few hits, but wouldn't regen like the units in Starcraft.

My thought would be that terran would have solid hull strength, but would be shieldless and dependent on repair drones (reskin to SCVs).

The Zoltan shield would make for a nice 'defensive matrix' for terran, but they still wouldn't have normal shields (normal shields being the domain of the protoss).

Solid hull strength?

If I went with the zoltan idea, I wouldn't allow the Terran/Zerg to upgrade the shield into the normal blue ones. (Kinda like the Zoltan layout B)

Also, Having used the Stealth ship, without a shield of some kind I found it very annoying dealing with enemies in the first few sectors.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Tuesday wrote:
Whale Cancer wrote:

Solid hull strength?

If I went with the zoltan idea, I wouldn't allow the Terran/Zerg to upgrade the shield into the normal blue ones. (Kinda like the Zoltan layout B)

By default all player ships have 30 hull strength. You could increase that for Terran vessels. Titanium Housing and Rock Plating could both be renamed and used on certain terran vessels (or bought/given by events, depending on how far you are going with this).
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:
By default all player ships have 30 hull strength. You could increase that for Terran vessels. Titanium Housing and Rock Plating could both be renamed and used on certain terran vessels (or bought/given by events, depending on how far you are going with this).

Is there a way to change the UI depending on the ship being currently used??
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Tuesday wrote:
Whale Cancer wrote:

Is there a way to change the UI depending on the ship being currently used??

No. What you could do, however, is have multiple UIs available for loading through Grognak's Mod Manager. It's only a little bit more work for those who use your mod.
Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:45 pm

I haven't even looked at Grognaks mod manager yet.

If not I may be able to make the UI health bar longer, and then have special lines on the bar to designate the maximum for a ship.
Last edited by Tuesday on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Tuesday wrote:I haven't even looked at Groganks mod manager yet.

If not I may be able to make the UI health bar longer, and then have special lines on the bar to designate the maximum for a ship.

You can't make the bar longer, but you can edit the sprite that has the lines on it. I did this for my 15 hull point ships (filled in every other line).