[W.I.P.]The Federation Strikes Back- Rebirth

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

Re: The Federation Strikes Back- Rebirth

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:39 pm

The UI mod actually works now. Sorry about that!
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Updated UI mod, again.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:40 am

I've tried the UI mod and... I'll be honest, I prefer the default. The orange is a little jarring for me, particularly in large swaths like the enemy window*. I see what you were going for, incorporating the federation "orange stripe" aesthetic, but that being the case I'd desaturate it, lower the brightness, and go for more of a ruddy bronze than bright orange. In particular, the "Distress" and "Store" beacons don't stand out as clearly as before, on the beacon map. I'll also say that it may be more rewarding to rebuild the UI with new graphics, rather than just repaint them. Don't waste too much time with the hangar UI though - since AE is adding new ships and Type C's to the mix, it's entirely possible you could lose a lot of work there when the changes are released.

*As a side-note, it's also made me realize I need to be cautious with the use of Incursor orange-glow when reworking the GUI there.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 am

Kieve wrote:I've tried the UI mod and... I'll be honest, I prefer the default. The orange is a little jarring for me, particularly in large swaths like the enemy window*. I see what you were going for, incorporating the federation "orange stripe" aesthetic, but that being the case I'd desaturate it, lower the brightness, and go for more of a ruddy bronze than bright orange. In particular, the "Distress" and "Store" beacons don't stand out as clearly as before, on the beacon map. I'll also say that it may be more rewarding to rebuild the UI with new graphics, rather than just repaint them. Don't waste too much time with the hangar UI though - since AE is adding new ships and Type C's to the mix, it's entirely possible you could lose a lot of work there when the changes are released.

*As a side-note, it's also made me realize I need to be cautious with the use of Incursor orange-glow when reworking the GUI there.

I'm aware, and I'm glad that I caused some note. The orange is jarring, yes; I'm working on it.
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Hey there english!
I've finished your logo. Here it is!

Link for downloads:

http://imgur.com/nxQ0JLf,9lMq9hA,fRwyks7#0 (Plus the other big ones i didnt post in here)
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:44 pm

I have added the music files for the mod that I have created so far.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:15 pm

More music has been added to the list.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Wow that's great stuff! The beginning of Engi battle is little too ravy for my taste, but overall that some great tracks. Like it a lot!
English Narwhal

Re: [W.I.P.]The Federation Strikes Back- Rebirth

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:53 am

Updated: Added [W.I.P.] Tag and also opened this to beta testers.
dalolorn

Re: [W.I.P.]The Federation Strikes Back- Rebirth

Postby dalolorn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 am

English Narwhal wrote:NOTE: Dalolorn's Stuff still exists, but I have stored it for now.

Well, seeing as the link in my original thread still exists, then it's a bit redundant. :P