[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DrkTemplar

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby DrkTemplar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 am

Whale Cancer wrote:Ah yes, the shields need to be fixed (that is mentioned in the post).

As for the size, there is no way to fit them in the enemy box. That is just a reality of the engine. I don't find it detracts from the game, but if you do I wish you luck in editing the sprites down (that would be rather hard, to be honest).

Ok, thought I was doing something wrong. I have started shrinking down some of the ships, but aligning everything is a pain.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 am

Hey thanks for your feedback :)

@redshift690, I'll look into the scrap bug in that event, thank you. As for the exit. I need to trigger the jump to the next sector off of an event. Once you use a beacons event, it won't trigger another one. So if the player jumped off the exit, and back later, the event wouldn't trigger again.

@Macropyre, I'm going to reduce the strength of those ships in the next version.
sania

Postby sania » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 am

Many people are not willing to spend a lot of money on locations where events are about to held. But it should be noted that if the presentation is not good then your guests will be disappointed and will not enjoy the party.
event locations
Last edited by sania on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEBANDIT240

Postby THEBANDIT240 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 am

A mini boss would e awesome would it be possible to increase the difficulty of it with each new sector? Also I always try and hunt out the colonizable planet and it's heart destroying when you go 5 beacons away get there and it has " a low chance of the colony surviving" then having to backtrack beacons
I love FTL
Try out this awesome mod Infinte Space! -
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=23012#p23012
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:56 pm

DrkTemplar wrote:
Whale Cancer wrote:Ah yes, the shields need to be fixed (that is mentioned in the post).

As for the size, there is no way to fit them in the enemy box. That is just a reality of the engine. I don't find it detracts from the game, but if you do I wish you luck in editing the sprites down (that would be rather hard, to be honest).

Ok, thought I was doing something wrong. I have started shrinking down some of the ships, but aligning everything is a pain.

How are you shrinking them? In the early days of FotF I shrunk down a fed cruiser by removing sections of its hull. That worked well. I can't see that working on many of the cruisers. If you are just scaling them... well, that would ruin their look and make them stand out like a sore thumb (IMHO).
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 pm

THEBANDIT240 wrote:A mini boss would e awesome would it be possible to increase the difficulty of it with each new sector? Also I always try and hunt out the colonizable planet and it's heart destroying when you go 5 beacons away get there and it has " a low chance of the colony surviving" then having to backtrack beacons

Hey, thanks for your feedback, and the advertisement in your signature!

I'm thinking the mini boss per sector might be the way to go. However, due to the way the End Beacon event works, I will likely have to trigger this fight off the start beacon of the new sector. I can check system requirements and trigger certain ships based on that, however I can't do any kind of normal scaling. This is because in Infinite Space your ship never actually progresses in sectors. This is also why the ships in the game are static, some being easier than others.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:How are you shrinking them? In the early days of FotF I shrunk down a fed cruiser by removing sections of its hull. That worked well. I can't see that working on many of the cruisers. If you are just scaling them... well, that would ruin their look and make them stand out like a sore thumb (IMHO).

I just used a photo editor program to shrink them. Last night I had a working Zoltan Cruiser, with aligned shield, weapons, and explosion. The ship may not have the larger graphic to denote that its a larger ship, but I find it looks a lot better when it fits (at least mostly) inside the Target HUD. This is of course, personal opinion. I might post an image, or I might just release builds with an updated ship, as I make them.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Here is what I have so far. I have shrunk down the player ships to fit into the Target HUD for enemy ships. Below is a comparison in size to existing enemy ships. In most cases the Cruisers are visibly larger, so I think it still portrays them as larger more powerful ships. The exceptions being the Mantis and Rock ships. All of the below ships are working with shield, weapon, and explosion alignment. I plan on converting the remaining three player ships this weekend, and including them in the next version.

Please feel free to provide feedback on these, and I can adjust them for the next version.

*EDIT: Failed to post imagines correctly, see following posts for them.
Last edited by DrkTemplar on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:22 pm

DrkTemplar wrote:Here is what I have so far. I have shrunk down the player ships to fit into the Target HUD for enemy ships. Below is a comparison in size to existing enemy ships. In most cases the Cruisers are visibly larger, so I think it still portrays them as larger more powerful ships. The exceptions being the Mantis and Rock ships. All of the below ships are working with shield, weapon, and explosion alignment. I plan on converting the remaining three player ships this weekend, and including them in the next version.

Engi Cruiser compared to Bomber
Crystal Cruiser compared to Bomber
Zoltan Cruiser compared to Bomber
Rock Cruiser compared to Assault
Mantis Cruiser compared to Bomber
Slug Cruiser compared to Assault

Please feel free to provide feedback on these, and I can adjust them for the next version.

I am just seeing 'image' in place of your images, but if all you did is scale them down you will get anti-aliasing and I think that makes them not fit in the game. Just my opinion.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:I am just seeing 'image' in place of your images, but if all you did is scale them down you will get anti-aliasing and I think that makes them not fit in the game. Just my opinion.

Hopefully I fixed the images. As for Anti-Aliasing, do you mean you will see edges, and I would NEED Anti-Aliasing? I've already used them in the game, in combat, and they look fine.