[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DrkTemplar

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby DrkTemplar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 am

Whale Cancer wrote:As I mentioned before, feel free to use my adaptations of cruisers for something like this. I have 3 cruisers up (with 2 skins each), and the rest should be up by the end of the week. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4307

I downloaded those and tried to implement them, however they appeared far to large to fit in the Enemy Target Hud. Also the Shields were pushed down. So I already started converting them myself, however if I'm just missing something I would much rather use your work (credit given of course) and focus on other things.
redshift690

Postby redshift690 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 am

Hi DrkTemplar
Just installed your mod today, and been playing it all day. This is really a great idea, and I have really been enjoying it! The things I like most are the space stations at every new sector that allows you to use the unique abilities of your crew to augment your ship for your exploration of the new sector. Like if you have a Rockman aboard you can have him patch up your hull a bit. Outstanding idea! I also like the Colonizable Planet becons that you can explore for loot. Would love to see more events like that! :D

The only bugs (or things i would change) I have found so far are with the salvage starship beacons, and the auto exit beacons. The salvage beacons do not award me the loot when I choose to look for scrap, and successfully find some without a battleship spotting me, and eviscerating me.

I do not care for the auto exits. I would at least give the option to stay in the current sector or move on to the next. :)

All in all though it is really a great idea, and can't wait to see how it turns out. Thanks :D
Mj64

Postby Mj64 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 am

The auto-exits MAY (unsure of this) be removed due to it being INFINITE sectors, as the sector choosing is gone, my recommendation for how it works is like how it was before, have a sector event, and in the FTL jump menu, have the 'Next Sector' button, and hitting it makes the auto-jump how it stands now.
Joefesok

Postby Joefesok » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:08 am

The mod has once again become amazing. I was running 0.1.6 (silly me), so that may explain it.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:13 am

DrkTemplar wrote:
Whale Cancer wrote:As I mentioned before, feel free to use my adaptations of cruisers for something like this. I have 3 cruisers up (with 2 skins each), and the rest should be up by the end of the week. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4307

I downloaded those and tried to implement them, however they appeared far to large to fit in the Enemy Target Hud. Also the Shields were pushed down. So I already started converting them myself, however if I'm just missing something I would much rather use your work (credit given of course) and focus on other things.

Ah yes, the shields need to be fixed (that is mentioned in the post).

As for the size, there is no way to fit them in the enemy box. That is just a reality of the engine. I don't find it detracts from the game, but if you do I wish you luck in editing the sprites down (that would be rather hard, to be honest).
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Macropyre

Postby Macropyre » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 am

I just registered on the FTL forums. Hi!

I have to admit, this is a pretty damn swell mod. I can finally not get mad about playing FTL for hours now.

Except for one thing. Those battleships are EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED.

That, or I was RNG-outplayed because the one Fed Battleship that I got from that random event had 3 level 2 beam drones, a level 4 shield, and four active weapons up at the same time.

I mean, what the hell? :endrant:

Asking for a bit of a balance. Still broken to an extent.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 am

Whale Cancer wrote:Ah yes, the shields need to be fixed (that is mentioned in the post).

As for the size, there is no way to fit them in the enemy box. That is just a reality of the engine. I don't find it detracts from the game, but if you do I wish you luck in editing the sprites down (that would be rather hard, to be honest).

Ok, thought I was doing something wrong. I have started shrinking down some of the ships, but aligning everything is a pain.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 am

Hey thanks for your feedback :)

@redshift690, I'll look into the scrap bug in that event, thank you. As for the exit. I need to trigger the jump to the next sector off of an event. Once you use a beacons event, it won't trigger another one. So if the player jumped off the exit, and back later, the event wouldn't trigger again.

@Macropyre, I'm going to reduce the strength of those ships in the next version.
sania

Postby sania » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 am

Many people are not willing to spend a lot of money on locations where events are about to held. But it should be noted that if the presentation is not good then your guests will be disappointed and will not enjoy the party.
event locations
Last edited by sania on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEBANDIT240

Postby THEBANDIT240 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 am

A mini boss would e awesome would it be possible to increase the difficulty of it with each new sector? Also I always try and hunt out the colonizable planet and it's heart destroying when you go 5 beacons away get there and it has " a low chance of the colony surviving" then having to backtrack beacons
I love FTL
Try out this awesome mod Infinte Space! -
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=23012#p23012