Would it be possible for a mod to...

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
xdiesp

Would it be possible for a mod to...

Postby xdiesp » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:19 am

Would it be possible for a mod to add these Star Trek behaviours?

- You cant beam aboard a ship which has shields on
- Cloak like function, sans invisibility to weapons: evasive maneuvers
- Non lethal boarding parties, as to say corpses stay on the ground as if youve stunned them
- Shields dont recover from hits, as if all weapons had a ion component. But they start off exceptionally powerful, like 10 energy
- At least 3X crew members
Whale Cancer

Re: Would it be possible for a mod to...

Postby Whale Cancer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 am

xdiesp wrote:Would it be possible for a mod to add these Star Trek behaviours?

- You cant beam aboard a ship which has shields on
- Cloak like function, sans invisibility to weapons: evasive maneuvers
- Non lethal boarding parties, as to say corpses stay on the ground as if youve stunned them
- Shields dont recover from hits, as if all weapons had a ion component. But they start off exceptionally powerful, like 10 energy
- At least 3X crew members

The Zoltan shield prevents boarding. But it doesn't regenerate. Combined with your desire for shield not to recover (even though I believe they do in Star Trek), getting rid of the shield system and only using the Zoltan shield should work. However, since there is only one Zoltan shield all ships would have the same shield strength.

Evasion is already handled by the Engines. I'm not sure what you are asking for there.

No nonlethal boarding parties, except perhaps in flavor of crewDead events.

No way to increase the number of crewman.

Please note that much of this should be trivially easy once FTL Overdrive is done (or the Devs do a 'modder's update').
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:08 pm

I see. :(

Well, the thing about the shields in ST is that they can get down without the actual machinery being broken.

Evasive maneuvers would be a boost to evasion, for a time, I remember it from Starfleet Command and it would be powerfully imaginative to give you more control of your ship movement. When an autoship dodges 3 of your 4 shots, you better believe it just did a barrel roll.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 pm

xdiesp wrote:I see. :(

Well, the thing about the shields in ST is that they can get down without the actual machinery being broken.

Evasive maneuvers would be a boost to evasion, for a time, I remember it from Starfleet Command and it would be powerfully imaginative to give you more control of your ship movement. When an autoship dodges 3 of your 4 shots, you better believe it just did a barrel roll.

Well, you can power down the shields, have them disabled by an event, or have them disabled from ion weapons.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!