[MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion) *LINK FIXED AGAIN!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Captain_Brian

[MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion) *LINK FIXED AGAIN!

Postby Captain_Brian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 am

FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion) v0.013 - Updated 2/3/2013

DOWNLOAD HERE *LINK FIXED AGAIN

Backstory:
Cerberus has found a way to control the reapers. The reaper war has been raging on since the failure of the Crucible Project, and the whereabouts of the Normandy and its crew are unknown.

Data mined from the Cerberus network suggests a tachyon pulse emanating from The Illusive Man's command ship has "erased" the reaper collective consciousness, and replaced it with a rudimentary command recognition structure that Cerberus can send commands to. The data also suggests that the Illusive Man's command ship is the only ship capable of sending commands to reaper forces, and that eliminating it will permanently disable the reapers.

Unfortunately, Cerberus have completely disabled galactic communications, which leaves it up to you to deliver this data to Alliance Command. Reaper forces are preoccupied with decimating planetary infrastructure, but the Cerberus fleet has only one target...

...YOU.

Current Goals For Mod:

Ship Graphics Replacement:
  • Replace "Federation" ship graphics With "Alliance" *NOT DONE
  • Replace "Rebel" ship graphics With "Cerberus" *NOT DONE

Race Graphics Replacement:
  • Replace "Engi" graphics With "Quarian" *DONE
  • Replace "Zoltan" graphics With "Geth" *DONE
  • Replace "Slug" graphics With "Asari" *DONE
  • Replace "Mantis" graphics With "Rachni" *NOT DONE
  • Replace "Rockman" graphics With "Krogan" *NOT DONE

General Text Replacement:
  • Replace "Federation" text With "Alliance" *DONE
  • Replace "Rebel" text With "Cerberus" *DONE
  • Replace "Engi" text With "Quarian" *DONE
  • Replace "Zoltan" text With "Geth" *DONE
  • Replace "Slug" text With "Asari" *DONE
  • Replace "Mantis" text With "Rachni" *DONE
  • Replace "Rockman" text With "Krogan" *DONE

Name Generation Replacement:
  • Replace ALL Names with about 1000 mostly gender\race neutral Callsigns *DONE

Events:
  • Change text to reflect the mod's backstory *NOT DONE
  • Change events to be more appropriate for each Mass Effect race *NOT DONE
  • Add named unique Mass Effect characters as "rewards" for appropriate events *NOT DONE

Gameplay:
  • Change many of the Augmentations to make them more attractive vs the commonly used ones *DONE
  • Change Augmentations to fit with Mass Effect theme *NOT DONE

I'll add more as requested or as I think of stuff. If anyone wants to help with the graphics then let me know!

Hope y'all like it.

Screens:
(Click Them To Enlarge)

Last edited by Captain_Brian on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Captain_Brian

Re: [MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion)

Postby Captain_Brian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:55 am

Reserved for news.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:06 am

well this should be interesting I should say, got any special ships in mind
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Captain_Brian

Postby Captain_Brian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:05 am

BrenTenkage wrote:well this should be interesting I should say, got any special ships in mind

A few, but they're dead last priority considering how well the vanilla FTL ships fit the Mass Effect setting. I'll start with re-naming the stock ships to Mass Effect ones, but beyond that it'll just depend on how many other things I want to do.

The toughest part, by far, will be doing the Krogan graphics, since they look nothing like the Rockmen. Rachni will be fairly simple because of how close the Mantis already look.

Second to that will be re-doing all the events. That will take some work, though it shouldn't be too bad.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:43 am

can't wait then
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Yikes, it'll be insanely confusing having the "Geth" (Zoltan) use the Engi sprites. I think you should try to find some way to differentiate them from Engi. Maybe just shifting the colour to be more silvery might do.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
davidov92

Postby davidov92 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:58 pm

Oh snap. I actually thought about giving this a try and when I came to the forum to check for the mod tools, I find that you're already on it. Nice stuff.

Though, I was thinking slightly differently: Engi would be Geth. Zoltan would be Salarian. Crystal would be Prothean.

Anyway, good luck.

EDIT: No promise with graphics, I'm trying to find my way around the mod tools, if I can figure anything out, I'd be glad to help.

EDIT 2: Ah OK, so it's just a matter of unpacking and packing so far. Well, I guess I could try making a Normandy. If that works out, maybe I can assist with other ships.

EDIT3: Never mind, I can't into art. I just can't get that..."properly pixelated" look. Also, it would be a very cramped and not-so-to-scale ship.
Vexov

Postby Vexov » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 am

Maybe use the Alliance ship instead of the one built by Cerberus?, or use the new model but put it back in Alliance colors, im talking about the Normandy of course! :)

Asari are amazing warriors, i think they could be the mantis rather then a slugh >.<
davidov92

Postby davidov92 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 am

Vexov wrote:Asari are amazing warriors, i think they could be the mantis rather then a slugh >.<

Nah, here I'd agree with OP, Asari are the only ones with psychic powers like the slugs...well, kinda psychic. Well, biotics.

The way I'd see it:

Humans stay humans, obviously.
Engi are Geth, because they're robots, and they're tech-savvy.
Mantis are Rachni, due to resemblance and fighting capability.
Rockmen would be Krogan for incredible resilience.
Zoltan in my vision would be Salarians. They add a power bar to main systems, so I'd just say Salarians know a thing or two about efficiency and so they could make the system run with less power.
Slugs would be Asari because psychic/biotic powers.
Crystals would be Protheans because apparently they are able to survive in zero-atmosphere, and well, they're a lost ancient race.

Would've loved if there would be a way to add another race: Turians. Gotta love them stubborn motherlovers :lol:

Vexov wrote:Maybe use the Alliance ship instead of the one built by Cerberus?

If you're talking about my trial there, that wouldn't be a big deal. Replace orange with blue :lol:
Last edited by davidov92 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:21 am

Vexov wrote:Asari are amazing warriors, i think they could be the mantis rather then a slugh >.<

Slugs can fight. Only Mantis have a bonus, the others all fight the same except Engi who do only half damage. I guess the Rocks high HP make then 2nd best, but the Slugs can still fight.

davidov92, the ship looks sexy, but yeah, adding room layouts would hide much of the detail. Not a bad effort though.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.