[SHIPS] Shielded Zoltan Cruisers, Beams and Ions

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIPS] Shielded Zoltan Cruisers, Beams and Ions

Postby porcu93 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:56 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE TO FUNCTION, AS IT USES HIDDEN AUGMENTS (also edited copies of them). IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED TO BE PLAYED WITH MULTIVERSE, BUT YOU DO YOU, I WON'T STOP YOU.

So, at the end of March I got a new job (yay, money), which slowed down the development of this ship pack, which is based on the last slot of the vanilla player ships I didn't made ships of: the Zoltan cruisers.
More details about these ships: all three ships come with a hidden Zoltan Shield that has nine HP plus a Reverse Ion Field as a hidden augment. The ships also have cheaper to install/upgrade Shields and an installable Artillery system if you use my Artillery Enabler mod that are somewhat in theme with each ship (I think)
New weapons, all available on stores, so have fun with wacky combinations:

Hull Beam Plus:
Power required: 1
Cost: 75
Rarity: 3
Attack: 90 pixel long beam, which deals 1 damage per room and double damage in systemless rooms.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.

Ionized Basic Laser
Cost: 35
Rarity: 2
Attack: 1 laser, dealing 1 damage and 1 ion damage, 10% fire chance, 10% stun chance.
Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Halberd Beam Plus
Power required: 3
Cost: 70
Attack: 72 pixel long beam, which deals 2 damage per room and pierces a shield layer.
Cooldown: 18 seconds.

Ionized Dual Shot Laser
Cost: 40
Rarity: 3
Attack: 2 lasers, each dealing 1 damage and 1 ion damage, 10% fire chance, 10% stun chance.
Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Ionized Mini Beam
Cost: 35
Attack: 45 pixel long beam, which deals 1 damage and 1 ion damage per room, 10% chance to start a fire, 10% chance to stun.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Before anyone asks: no, this weapon will not one-shot enemy shields, thanks to Hyperspace the beam will deal ion damage the same way a normal beam deals damage to Zoltan Shields.

And here are the ships. Yes, they are yet another recolour because I don't know how to draw decent Zoltan ships. Anyway, they all have 5 missiles and 5 drone parts

The first of the ships is basically a better version of the Zoltan B, with more damage output at the cost of no Shields system installed, which is not really an issue with 9 layers of Zoltan shields total. The artillery of this ship is a faster version of the Flagship's Ion Artillery that will also pierce 2 shield layers.
Also, the ship is totally a reference to "The Matrix", given the colours and the ship's name.

So, this is basically a Zoltan A on steroids for its weaponry, but it also kind of has the drawbacks of the Zoltan C, as it starts with 4 reactor power. But hey, the weapons are very strong, so you should have no problem. I hope.
Oh, yeah, the Artillery is basically a Burst Laser II that also deals 1 ion damage and pierces 1 shield layer, totally worth upgrading.

For some context, you need to know what a "Beam master" is, basically it's one of those enemies that are equipped with only beam weaponry and/or drones. This ship applies that concept and applies it with what the Zoltan ships used by the player starts with, and with 2 Mini Beams and 2 Ionized Mini Beams you can totally see how strong this starting position is. The Artillery is no joke either, as it is just the vanilla Artillery Beam that is much faster charging, deals also 1 ion damage (yes, it has the same fix of the Ionized Mini Beam) but with its length reduced to just over half and the shield piercing lowered to 3 layers.

This time, unlike the previous packs, there are changes for a certain system's prices:
- the Shields system's cost on stores has been reduced to 100, the upgrade costs from level 2 to level 8 has been also reduced to 50/15/20/30/40/55/70.

People who played the ships:
Rand118
- 1.0 Zoltan C Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xM8MAa__8
- 1.0 Zoltan B Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3evAtoGG3o
- 1.0 Zoltan A Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPocfz_Th14

And with that being said, here is the download link, enjoy ^_^
v 1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NDyoXCPhhcqB57vFjIg9byI4bQ1g0jXF/view?usp=sharing