Re: FTL Insurrection+ (and Remastered HUD) for Hyperspace

Postby bamalf » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 pm

Good to know, thanks
Image Image Image
e2e3kaka

Postby e2e3kaka » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:04 am

Firstly, nearly every weekend I came back to this
thread, downloaded the updated dropbox file. Although author seldom post change log, it is fun to explore what's changed in this mod recently.
Few people post a feedback behind this post, but it's strange the author always knew what need to be tweaked. I feel more and more smooth in play with every update. Hope you never re-retire and keep the mod perfect.
I'd like to share a run yesterday, riding an engi ship. I happened to get two replicator missle launcher, a replicator rocket, an explosive replicator augmentation. I never use missiles as main weapon before. But this time missles seems can't run out. I carry 20 ammo, and shoot everywhere, even destroyed flagship. That feels like hell yeah. Then I remembered I am a peaceful engi ship.
Thank you for this exciting experience. Of course defense scrambler is needed. And I don't know whether the 50% of augmentation and weapon add up. I shared here only to say it's good rebalance for missiles, hope you don't nerf it. :lol:
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:24 pm

Oh hey slowy, what a surprise it is to revisit FTL and discover there's Hyper Insurrection!

I wanna take this opportunity to thank you for all your work and how much joy it's brought to me, not just this new release, but all of it over the years, back to the sM Polish Kit.

I think I may make Insurrection+ the "base" version of FTL I'll use to introduce the game to my fiancée (I got her hooked on Into The Breach thanks to it bein on IOS through a Netflix subscription, and she likes me to put the FTL OST for her to work to, so this is the next logical step).

Big thanks for porting the Remastered HUD as well, I loved it!

Cheers!

EDIT: FYI, you could mention that, as an alternative to doing the whole version downgrade that is part of the standard Hyperspace installation process, one can also instead install Insurrection+ after using the Multiverse installer, which will automatically downgrade FTL to the right version for Hyperspace, install Hyperspace's patch files, and install Slipstream mod manager, with the following extra steps:

1. Install only the Hyperspace.ftl from the Hyperspace download, putting it in your mods folder.
(1.5. (copy Insurrection+'s files to the mods folder)
2. Run modman.jar and select Hyperspace.ftl followed by the Insurrection+ files.

Incidentally, enabling Hyperspace.ftl in the modmanager is necessary, right? Or does the main Insurrection+ module already incorporate it like Multiverse does?
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:46 pm

Now there's a name I've not seen in a very long time! It's been crazy trying to get back into the swing of everything after being away for so long, but I'm still working on my project to this very day.

Also to answer the question, the base Hyperspace.ftl file is not required, just like MV.
DivineDax.

Postby DivineDax. » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:23 am

created an account to say that this mod is amazing It really feels like an advanced edition for advance edition. I also wanted to ask if there was some way to import the music tracks from Ben Prunty's Deep Space Deluxe EP into this mod The music mod I usually use seems to not be compatible. Having that music in the game would be a cherry on top of this already amazing mod.
jicka

Postby jicka » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:30 pm

A simple message to thank you for all of this work. Thank you for making FTL feel truly "complete" with insurrection. Thank you for selflessly continuing to update and improve the mod. Thank you for allowing me to still have so many wonderful moments playing this game, even 10 years later.

FTL helped me get though difficult times in my life and I used to play with the previous generation of your mods. This new generation of mods existing warms my heart.

EDIT: This MOD is now updated for Hyperspace 1.5 and continues being updated. It now has additional features that haven't made it into the description:
- Unlockable randomized versions of the ships
- many custom unique weapons (unlock during special events)
- Corrosion effect (increased system damage over a period)
- The onboard computer contains great and detailed explanations of all the changes
e2e3kaka

Postby e2e3kaka » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:27 am

In the most recent version of Insurrection, I noticed the customization toolkit doesn't show up. For me the tactical and replicator prefixes are KOL change for some weapons.
I did encounter epic toolkit a few times, but unable to install it on my weapon before my ship blows up. I am more inclined to explore new weapon combination than to beat the flagship.
Weapon augment is quiet an innovation in this mod, and putting them in one toolkit effectively avoid augment pool contamination.
Now with each run, I can only see a few weapons with special prefixes in stores but not what I want. This system should be put to better use.

By the way, game fast forward is a good feature and saves a lot of time.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:13 pm

Some months ago, the decision was made to pull the base Toolkits outright and instead effectively allow the player to apply any Standard Prefixes they want in the ShipCom, but pay between 20-30 Scrap depending on what they want to do with their equipment. The Elite prefix is still tied to toolkit augments, though.

Truth be told, I've been chipping away at the mod over the past several months to refine and add some more things, but the burnout is real (as is waiting for HS to finally add features I've seen be possible in previews a long while back). I still need to complete and refine data entries in the ShipCom, which is perhaps the biggest gaping hole that I can think of.
e2e3kaka

Postby e2e3kaka » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:27 am

Didn't check the shipcom. Toolkit works fines now. Thank you.
Cinnapede

Postby Cinnapede » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:48 pm

Hello!

First of, thank you for making this amazing mod. I am unable to play FTL without it. I love all the balancing changes and the polish.

I noticed something minor while taking a look through the mod files. It seems there is an unused and complete spritesheet of a female variant of the rebels (and their elite variant too!)
In the actual game however, all rebels + elites use the male spritesheet.

Funny thing is I almost thought that this was intended for lore reasons, given the rebels rather intolerant nature. :lol:

If you could ever go around to fixing it, that would be pretty cool.