FTL Insurrection+ for Hyperspace

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: FTL Insurrection+ (and Remastered HUD) for Hyperspace

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:14 pm

The sprites were made some time ago, but unfortunately the last time I tried tinkering with Hyperspace's tech for alternate spritesheets for the same Race... let's say that I wasn't happy with how it was handling them at all. It wasn't possible to change between Male and Female for the Rebels inside of the Hangar by using the Left/Right buttons: all you could do was reload the ship and hope it dicerolled who you wanted. I hope that they can fix this behaviour so it's not so janky to work with.

Speaking of other things though, while I have the chance to post an update: I've been trying to do some pretty significant reworking of many behind-the-scenes parts of the mod's inner workings, which is always a very difficult time. The last thing you want to happen when doing something of such a scale is to mess up one thing, cause the entire mod to become unstable and then you have less than no idea where to start looking for the cause... Everything seems to be stable for the time being, thankfully.

I'm also in the middle of adding a bunch more things to Advanced Armaments, namely a second wave of Go Ballistic! 2 weapons. There's also a trio of Into The Breach themed weapons being worked on, although I'm currently debating if they are theme-fitting enough to make it into Base Insurrection instead.
Cinnapede

Postby Cinnapede » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:12 am

I see! Rather unfortunate, as I really like how you designed the rebels, It's much better than always seeing humans in white uniforms lol.
(Kinda funny that I wasn't the only one that disliked that)

But oh well.

Ohhh that however sounds pretty exciting! I'm looking forward to the new stuff, especially the Into the Breach Weapons!
e2e3kaka

Postby e2e3kaka » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:39 am

When I play Insurrection on linux, the game speed toggle does not function. Is it related to the mechanism of this function?
I'm getting used to the faster gameplay now. When you have spare time, I hope linux version can enjoy this feature.
strawberry_lemon

Re: FTL Insurrection+ for Hyperspace

Postby strawberry_lemon » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:01 am

This mod is awesome; it feels a lot more like vanilla FTL+ than MV. On Linux the speed controls and tooltip toggle don't appear to function, but I still think this is probably the best FTL mod I've seen. UI changes are really nice too.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:03 am

Unforunately, the Linux-based problems are 100% out of my control. As it currently stands, the Lua functionality is completely broken in the current latest version of Hyperspace. This is probably why I haven't leaned into it as hard as MV's own modding scene has done, although that's also just due to me not really understanding Lua enough to try making things from scratch.

So by extension, the things broken from lack of Lua include the Hangar System location display, the Speed Controller, the Auto-Repair functionality of one of the Storage Key augments, and a recent addition that alters the Icon of the player ship on the Map Screen to reflect the ship currently being played. And taking into account Advanced Armaments, the entire functionality of the Terra Missile Launcher is also broken.

Sadly, all I can do is hope that HS' development progress stops stalling and we get a v1.9 that fixes Linux compatability as soon as possible.
strawberry_lemon

Postby strawberry_lemon » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:59 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:Unforunately, the Linux-based problems are 100% out of my control. As it currently stands, the Lua functionality is completely broken in the current latest version of Hyperspace. This is probably why I haven't leaned into it as hard as MV's own modding scene has done, although that's also just due to me not really understanding Lua enough to try making things from scratch.

So by extension, the things broken from lack of Lua include the Hangar System location display, the Speed Controller, the Auto-Repair functionality of one of the Storage Key augments, and a recent addition that alters the Icon of the player ship on the Map Screen to reflect the ship currently being played. And taking into account Advanced Armaments, the entire functionality of the Terra Missile Launcher is also broken.

Sadly, all I can do is hope that HS' development progress stops stalling and we get a v1.9 that fixes Linux compatability as soon as possible.

Just checking back in to say that with the latest INS+ and Hyperspace v1.10.2, the speed controls seem to work now! Looks like v1.9.0 addressed a lot of Lua deficiencies on Linux.

Hangar system display seems to work fine and the ship icon on the map updates too. I don't think tooltips are working yet but alas.

Thanks for making this!
Mr. Doom

Postby Mr. Doom » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:05 pm

strawberry_lemon wrote:Just checking back in to say that with the latest INS+ and Hyperspace v1.10.2, the speed controls seem to work now! Looks like v1.9.0 addressed a lot of Lua deficiencies on Linux.

Hangar system display seems to work fine and the ship icon on the map updates too. I don't think tooltips are working yet but alas.

Thanks for making this!

If you can demonstrate that it's not INS+ but instead a difference between Windows & Linux (and thus an underlying Hyperspace bug) please do report that to me on the MV Discord or file an issue on the Hyperspace github.