[SHIPS] Anti-Bio Slug Cruisers

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIPS] Anti-Bio Slug Cruisers

Postby porcu93 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:23 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE TO FUNCTION, AS IT USES HIDDEN AUGMENTS. IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED TO BE PLAYED WITH MULTIVERSE, BUT YOU DO YOU, I WON'T STOP YOU.

Welcome back to another ship pack. In this pack you'll find some Slug ships, some new ways to kill enemy crew and a meme born from a random encounter. It took a while to draw the hulls and make the gibs, much less to make all weapons (excluding a particular one) and the special drone.
And without prolonging this introduction, here is the new weaponry:

The Warcrime Beam
Power required: 3
Cost: 150
Rarity: 0
Attack: 150 pixel long beam, which deals 4 bio damage with a 20% chance to breach the tile it is going through and always starts a fire. The coded shield pierce is 4, but it will actually pierce 3 shield layers.
Cooldown: 17 seconds.
This beam has been drawn by ScottishPingu, credits for the whole animation sprite and the parts needed to have the smooth animation goes all to him.

Anti-Bio Dual Shot Laser
Power required: 1
Cost: 40
Rarity: 1
Attack: 2 lasers, each dealing 2 bio damage and 2 system damage, with a 10% chance to start a fire.
Cooldown: 8 seconds.

Radioactive Dual Shot Laser
Power required: 1
Cost: 50
Rarity: 2
Attack: 2 lasers, each dealing 1 damage plus 1 bio damage (for a cumulative 2 bio damage), with a 10% chance to start a fire
Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Golden Halberd Beam
Cost: 130
Attack: 60 pixel long beam, which deals 2 damage and pierces 2 shield layers.
Cooldown: 9 seconds.

Golden Pike Beam
Power required: 2
Cost: 110
Attack: 128 pixel long beam, which deals 1 damage and pierces 2 shield layers.

Golden Anti-Bio Beam
Power required: 2
Cost: 100
Attack: 105 pixel long beam, which deals 4 bio damage and pierces 2 shield layers.

Halberd Beam Drone
Cost: 120
Attack: 30 pixel long beam, which deals 2 damage.

Yup, beams and anti-bio weaponry, it will be fun.
Now, onto the ships: each ship come with both the Slug Repair Gel and the Lifeform Scanner equipped as hidden augments and the standard 5 missiles. For drone parts it depends on the ship. All ships also have 6 gibs, which took a long time to work on splitting the ship and the overlapping bits.
NEW: starting from V 2.0, all the ships can have their own custom made Artillery weapon, available on shops only if you also use my Artillery Enabler mod available here.
Anyway, here are the ships:

This pirate Slug ship is equipped with a very strong anti-bio beam, perfect to recover ships mostly intact to loot them. The name of the ship, translated from Scottish, means "Old Criminal", given that now this ship is now being used by the Federation, but feel free to do it like a pirate. Why did I choose Scottish as the language for the ship's name? Well, it's another way to credit the graphical designer of the beam weapon it is equipped. And because auto-ships are also a thing, you also get a special Dual Laser with increased bio damage.
2.0 update: the ship's Artillery is capable to fire 4 shots of the same type of the Radioactive Dual Shot Laser at the same time like a flak. There's nothing else to say, other than it being quite powerful.

There is a certain enemy Slug ship layout that can guarantee a crew kill via asphyxiation, widely known as "the coffin ship". Long story short: this ship makes fun of that layout while also referencing a certain anime of which the Abridged version feels more natural than the first two arcs of said anime. The ship also uses an alternative way for crew kills and to deal with auto-ships, have fun with that.
2.0 update: to stay in theme with the equipped weapons, this ship's Artillery weapon looks and functions similarly to the previous ship's weapon, but it fires 10 projectiles, and those will deal only crew and system damage like the Anti-Bio Dual Shot Laser.

Yeah, this isn't 100% "Anti-Bio" only, but using missiles or bombs as a crew killing method is something I've done already, and I wanted to make more beam weaponry to learn how to make the glow effect. Also, this ship is perfect to have a beam master vs enemy beam master situation, which I encountered and found hilarious. To keep the "swag" given by the hull and a few systems, the ship is equipped with very strong (maybe broken OP) beam weapons and two of the same special beam drone. Just make sure to get cloaking to unleash the full golden swag potential.
2.0 update: because there is not enough golden stuff, this ship's Artillery weapon is a Golden Glaive Beam, and yes, this ship will be stupidly OP with it, but whatever.

People who played the ships:
Rand118
- 1.0 Slug C Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1OJzJImgEM
- 1.0 Slug A Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCEeP_simnw
- 2.0 Slug B Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXGaNIn3M0 <- also contains one of the few cases when having multiple of my ships packs won't cause pricing problems

There are no changes regarding systems, but I've added a few blue options suited for some weapon, so here's the download link, enjoy ^_^
v 2.1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ahO9g8ypTVpxYIjc4JbjV1fSPMqYvUk/view?usp=sharing
v 2.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aXUr_tXMxR2wD2DpL6bEp1BiytWwOQ2q/view?usp=sharing
v 2.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a0RCFUPxoXBEG81MMWEQTbVsiRjI6pHm/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again to ScottishPingu for making an incredibly animated weapon.

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 2.1.1:
- removed the custom Artillery charge bar indicator in preparation for the upcoming Hyperspace release;
- fixed some typos plus some minor rewording in some places;
- changed the Weapons room image on the Slug C to be more in theme with the ship.

v 2.1:
- added the base cooldown tooltip to the Slug B artillery weapon;
- fixed the glowing images of the artillery weapons of the Slug A and B, I've mixed which one goes with who.

v 2.0: MAJOR UPDATE:
- added a new weapon, with its blue option included;
- fixed some weapon related blue options;
- fixed miniships positions;
- improved weapons positions;
- just a few room images improvements;
- new addition: if you also download the "Artillery Enabler" mini-mod, each ship will have an optional installable artillery system, with the tooltips being generic and the indicator with color coded markings depending on the ship;
- the mod will now show a short description on Slipstream Mod Manager.
Seann Eucorach:
- new Artillery: a Flak Laser that fires 4 projectiles with the same proprieties of the Radioactive Dual Shot Laser, plus some shield piercing.
Laughing Coffin:
- switched the O2 and Mind Control systems position;
- switched the Hacking and Battery systems position;
- adjusted the fake rooms position of the floor image to be better centred;
- new Artillery: a Flak Laser that fires 10 projectiles with the same proprieties of the Anti-Bio Dual Shot Laser, plus some shield piercing.
The Real Beam Master:
- recolored hull, gibs and cloaking images;
- changed the Anti-Bio Beam with the Golden Anti-Bio Beam;
- improved the Drone Control room image to be in theme;
- new Artillery: to keep the theme of the golden weapons, this ship can mount a Golden Glaive Beam as the artillery weapon.

v 1.0: initial release.
Last edited by porcu93 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
porcu93

Re: [SHIPS] Anti-Bio Slug Cruisers

Postby porcu93 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:41 pm

Yet another 2.0 update, you know the drill, more info in the changelog and stuff.
Gymnoitan

Re: [SHIPS] Anti-Bio Slug Cruisers

Postby Gymnoitan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:41 am

This seems like a cool mod! If I may ask, how do I actually download it?
Append: Annnnd I just noticed the link. Sorry to have bothered you.