Leviathan Flagship

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Luszor2

Leviathan Flagship

Postby Luszor2 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:30 pm

Welcome to another creation of mine! Today we are going to have a look at the Flagship recently recovered and reconstructed by the Federation! Witness the might of the Leviathan!

This powerful, threatening capital ship was a flagship of the race that existed in the past. Refitted with today's weapons, its old equipment still seems to be far more powerful than that of the newest ships.
Moon drones can constantly create two protective walls to defend the ship's sides from projectiles, while themselves always dodging the incoming projectiles. Be aware they are controlled from two Artillery systems on the ship itself though. This ship has several interesting advantages and disadvantages you must know about:

Pros:
- High armor - 110 Hull points at your disposal + 40% chance for all systems to negate damage, (Artilleries are impervious to external damage, covered by toughest parts of the hull, but not upgradeable.).
- Firewall Moon Drones - these two will generate constant beams which block projectiles coming from the sides. Front and back of the ship are exposed.
- Mothership - all EXTERNAL drones fire 25% faster (combat drones and hull repair drone get to firing positions faster, while defense drones have lower cooldown of firing. Zoltan Overchargers are unaffected.)
- Anti-Capital Ship Weaponry - ship has weapons that were made for killing Capital Ships. They'll do well against lower class ships though, thanks to the high speed of projectiles. They have decent breach chance and each cannon fires 3 projectiles, dealing 2 damage per hit. Cannons fire after 30 seconds, then they begin to fire a volley every 20 seconds, great for close-range battles.
- Ship starts out with Combat I and Hull Repair Drone (Beware, Artillery systems may overheat and take system damage during repairs, avoid performing hull repairs during the battle.[)
- Massive Medbay.

Cons:
- The ship cannot obtain normal shields, the shield generator simply would not work with the firewall drones and the ship's shape would reduce its effectiveness. It can still obtain the Zoltan Shield.
- Starting regular weaponry isn't exactly the best, it will not do much against ships with more than one shield,
- Ship's Cloaking, Engines and Hacking are limited to lower levels. Hacking can only get to level 2, Cloaking to level 1 and Engines to level 3. Perks of being a massive warship.
- With front and back exposed, you are going to take damage sometimes, it's unavoidable, even with DD2.
- Multiple artilleries: If your artilleries get destroyed somehow, make sure to have enough power in reactor before fixing them. If you do fix them and they don't work, make sure to have some power left in the reactor, run a Zoltan.exe through artilleries and they should grab the power from the reactor. All arties use only one power.

I think it's all. Feel free to grab the ship and obliterate these pesky Rebels with your big guns, while preparing them with lighter ones! Good luck and have fun!

If you record a playthrough of it and are going to put it on Youtube, let me know!

Edit: Upgraded the rate of fire for Firewall Drones.

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ie58pzwhnn7yfl3/Veniri_Flagship.ftl/file
sergey1987

Re: Leviathan Flagship

Postby sergey1987 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:14 pm

your ships are really creative, and are a real joy to play.
Boohadouz

Postby Boohadouz » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:16 pm

Didt seem to work for me, even though other mods worked,

Does it replace a current ship? because I have seen some mods that replace a standard ship ingame
Luszor2

Postby Luszor2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:20 pm

sergey1987 wrote:your ships are really creative, and are a real joy to play.

Thanks, appreciating that a lot!
Luszor2

Postby Luszor2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:23 pm

Boohadouz wrote:Didt seem to work for me, even though other mods worked,

Does it replace a current ship? because I have seen some mods that replace a standard ship ingame

No, it's Hyperspace ship and appears on second page of the list. It doesn't replace any vanilla ship. Hmm... are you sure you had Hyperspace on? If yes, is my ship below Hyperspace on Slipstream's list?