[SHIPS] New Stealth Cruisers

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIPS] New Stealth Cruisers

Postby porcu93 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:25 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE TO FUNCTION.
I'm also 90% sure this mod is not compatible with Multiverse, so don't blame me if stuff broke on your save or something.

This pack is what I think would have happen if the Stealth prototypes were given to the Federation before the Rebellion happened in terms of technological advancement/development, as the Engi would have had more time working on it with the help of the Federation. And it all started because from a wordplay with "flagship" I made a ship with the Italian flag plus the Sardinian one in the white section and calling it "The Italian Flag-ship". After that I made the hull of the other two variants the day after (gibs adaptation takes a while).
Every ship has 2 hidden augments installed: Stealth Weapons, for obvious reasons, and a "Neo-Titanium System Casing", which is basically the standard system casing on steroids, with 50% chance to negate system damage AND 10% chance to negate hull damage. They also start with 2 augments, taking a slot each: Long-Ranged Scanners because screw asteroid fields, and "Improved Re-loader", an Auto Re-Loader with the effect changed to be a 25% faster cooldown (also available on shops with rarity 3 for 70 scrap, just in case you want another one).
NEW: starting from V 3.0 the pack comes with 2 vanilla bugfixes, a new expanded store that will replace the vanilla one, 3 new ships, all ships can install Temporal Manipulator, have a higher reactor cap with lowered scrap prices, a system cap of 10 and my Artillery Enabler and Clonebay Gas Remover mods incorporated. It will also revert the Hyperspace hacking fix, so now in this pack you can power down hacking while it's mid-space without making it explode.
And with all that being said: here are the ships.

Thanks to Kix from the FTL Multiverse Team for changing the white part by using some contrast, she did that even if I didn't ask, she just wanted to, so thanks again for showing me that contrast is important (yes, I'm serious).
I'm not patriotic, but given that the wordplay with "Flagship" and "Flag-ship" was stupidly funny, I put my national identity in the ship's hull. In lore, this ship has been developed back on Earth. In the ancient region of Sardinia, the best engineers developed this ship, even though the military fund run out when it came to weapons. I've thought of giving the ship better weapons, but this is still a good starting loadout, considering stealth weapons and the reloader. And thanks to some incredible engineering modifications, the ship can use a modified Heavy Ion as an Artillery weapon that will fire two shots per charge.

Basically a stronger the DA-SR 12 Stealth Cruiser, this ship can cloak with the Glaive Beam reaching full charge, and it also comes with a Basic Laser just in case you want or need the enemy shields down one layer. With the hull being completely black (can't do 100% black or it would lose its 3D effect) and the cloaking device showing some random star patterns when active, this ship is perfect for a "Hide and Stab" game with a "reinforced glass cannon" starting point. And yes, beams and asteroids will still be a pain. And because this ship comes with a Glaive Beam, why not instal one with an Artillery system? With minor changes to the weapon's blueprint, a black painted Glaive Beam can now be used as an Artillery weapon, exchanging the manual control for 1 shield pierce and a faster base cooldown.

When piracy was very lucrative, this stolen prototype received quite the starting loadout upgrade. This ship has been built in a rogue planet (a planet that lost its orbit and is now travelling through the galaxy), which explains the ship's name and the snow camouflage pattern on the ship. During a Federation "surprise visit", the ship got damaged, resulting in the starting setup shown in the image above. The now ex-pirate crew have to work to clean their criminal profile under the Engi's supervision by arriving to Sector 8. This ship used to have a strong Artillery weapon, if you decide to reinstall the system you can understand how much it was lucrative stealing the enemy ships without any hull damage by using bombs.

Orange like magma and lava, loaded with a Chain Vulcan and a Combat II drone, this meme of a ship deploys what the community likes to call "The Vulcan loadout meme", which can be completed with another Chain Vulcan, another Combat II drone and the artillery weapon, which is a faster Chain Vulcan that has a higher chance to start fires and pierces a shield layer. And the name is something I thought could make sense, that's all.

This ship comes with the classic military camouflage palette, with the ship's name referencing a military based Isekai light novel, manga and anime. The commissioner of this ship, Warrant Officer XXXXXXXXXXX, also known as White Silver, requested a decent Stealth cruiser to use during her missions for the Federation. Unfortunately she received a ship based around missile weapons, but at least it has a decent amount of ammo. She also couldn't pick the crew, as the Federation requested specific people to partake in this mission, which left her and her Battalion out of the picture. The ship also has a special missile artillery weapon that fires 3 unavoidable missiles, unless the enemy has any Defense Drone online.

What if the Slugs stole one of the many Stealth ships and made it into a Teleport-based ship with the help of fighting races? This I think would be the result: a 4 crew TP with a decent synergy on the starting systems and weapons to deal with more or less any ship. And the Artillery also helps with your boarding party, as it carpet bombs the enemy ship with ion bombs that will always stun only the enemy, a perfect artillery for a boarding ship and a future gunship.

And with the ships taken care of, here are the changes to the systems I did in this pack:
- the Cloaking system can be upgraded up to level 5, upgrade costs for level 2 and 3 reduced from 30/50 to 20/40, with level 4 and 5 being respectively 65 and 90;
- when installed, the Shields system will start at level 1, with the shop price reduced from 125 to 50 and the level 2 upgrade cost reduced from 100 to 50. Basically the first shield layer costs at 100 scrap total instead of 125, with the need to keep all of that scrap unused removed.

People who played the ships:
Rand118
- 1.0 Stealth A Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CmrynN6LRQ
- 1.0 Stealth B Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3B7LY25nw
- 2.0 Stealth C Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SImGjcOY1S0
- 3.0 Stealth D Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6wD7BWemk
- 3.0 Stealth E Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4q6RddMYYI
- 3.0 Stealth F Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE8w2YLbkp0

And with all the explaining done, here's the download link, enjoy ^_^
v 3.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ij0x-jM1ZD6baLfidx5yiLOhZRqb9Xfg/view?usp=share_link

Thanks again to Kix from the FTL Multiverse Team for improving "The Italian Flag-ship" hull image.

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 3.1: lots of changes to the pack
- removed shield image duplicates;
- removed parts of code no longer needed;
- reordered and commented the XML code to be more readable for others;
- minor grammar fixes and text changes;
- all ships are now aligned to be in the same place;
- all ships now have a custom thruster animation, made with the help of ScottishPingu's tutorial (I'm just lazy on updating the images in this post);
- changed the ship cloaking images a little bit to be more "glow-y", the Stealth E's cloak image had to be redone because I didn't have the original version without the glowing;
- made the Stealth C's artillery deploy bombs faster while also fixing the erroneous excessive number of bombs it deploys;
- added a missing blue option for the Temporal Manipulator on the Stasis Pod event if you use the Rock Plating blue option;
- regarding the Stasis Pod event, all ships can now do the event like any ship with the Rock Plating, but there's a 50% chance you'll get 2 hull damage on top of the rewards.

v 3.0.1: minor fix to the Stealth F artillery, I mistakenly switched the seconds and bombs fired values while doing the last touches to the mod.

v 3.0: MASSIVE EXPANSION UPDATE:
- added 3 new ships, each one with their customised cloak;
- removed redundant images;
- vertically mirrored the old ships to have the lighter side on the bottom like every other vanilla ship (with the Stealth A getting the red and green parts recoloured to match the shadows), gibs and miniship images have also been updated;
- minor changes to the Stealth A cloaking image, which now has some blue in it;
- fixed the Stealth B Cloaking image to fully cover the ship;
- fixed the Stealth C Artillery weapon's animation to be smoother;
- the Cloaking system's room glow image is now themed with the ship;
- the Shield system's prices for level 2 and when in stores have been changed to be both 50 instead of 40 and 60 respectively;
- the reactor cap has been increased to 35, the scrap cost has been reduced;
- the system cap has been increased to 10;
- added the Temporal Manipulator as an installable system;
- incorporated the Artillery Enabler mod and Clonebay Gas Remover standalone mods;
- hacking will not explode when deactivated while it is travelling;
- added a new store, which replaces the vanilla one;
- Hull Missile is now usable for missiles related blue options (vanilla bug fix);
- Combat Beam II now uses the correct images when on and when firing (vanilla bug fix);
- included a much needed level 2 Clonebay blue option for Slug sectors (vanilla bug fix, probably).

v 2.0.1:
- removed the custom Artillery charge bar indicator in preparation for the upcoming Hyperspace release;
- fixed some typos plus some minor rewording in some places;
- removed an unused weapon animation.

v 2.0: MAJOR-ISH UPDATE:
- minor hull and gib changes/fixes on all 3 ships;
- minor changes to some room images;
- new addition: if you also download the "Artillery Enabler" mini-mod, each ship will have an optional installable artillery system, with the tooltips being generic and the indicator with colour coded markings depending on the ship;
- the mod will now show a short description on Slipstream Mod Manager.
The Italian Flag-ship:
- changed the cloak image to be the Italian tricolour (following the hull) instead of my standard blue-ish colour;
- switched a Basic Laser with a Mini Beam for symmetrical reasons and to nerf a little bit the starting loadout;
- new Artillery: Heavy Ion Burst, an ion weapon that fires two projectiles, each dealing 2 ion damage with a 30% chance to stun people.
Raven Wings:
- switched the Dual Laser with a Basic Laser to nerf the quite strong loadout of the ship;
- new Artillery: a faster Glaive Beam that ignores 1 shield layer, have fun with a triple Glaive setup.
Zero Kelvin Snow, previously known as Codename "Snow White":
- I've found a better name in theme with the ship, so the ship now has a new name;
- lowered the Cloaking level from 2 to 1;
- switched the Dual Laser with a Burst Laser Mark I;
- changed the cloak image to be white instead of my standard blue-ish colour;
- new Artillery: a Small Bomb with an extra 50% in its destructive power and triple the bombs fired every time it comes off cooldown.

v 1.0: Initial release.
Last edited by porcu93 on Fri May 19, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
porcu93

Re: [SHIPS] New Stealth Cruisers

Postby porcu93 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:01 pm

v 2.0 update: improved room images and gibs, minor balance to some starting loadouts and optional (with a mod) artillery added with this version, more info in the changelog.
porcu93

Re: [SHIPS] New Stealth Cruisers

Postby porcu93 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:58 pm

v 3.0 update, with 3 new ships and all sorts of goodies similar to the other packs I've updated so far