[FotF] Final Ships v0.03 + Mantis Combat Simulator v0.01

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Thunderr

Re: [FotF] Final Ships v0.03 + Mantis Combat Simulator v0.01

Postby Thunderr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:07 am

Any chance you'll be picking up work on this mod since it's summer? One can always hope, right?
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:13 am

hello Whale Cancer. can I please use some of the weapons in your FOTF mod so I can add them to my Overhaul? and if you can, can you update this to AE and slipstream mod manager?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:29 am

also the zoltan beam fires from the wrong place.
v
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Stormbringer wrote:hello Whale Cancer. can I please use some of the weapons in your FOTF mod so I can add them to my Overhaul? and if you can, can you update this to AE and slipstream mod manager?

Sorry to say but Whalecancer has announced as far back as 2013 that he abandoned this project. I have received his approval for using his assets and stuff for my mod and I intend to update the Foundation of the Federation mod someday. however my main problem is time and experience (This is mostly event heavy and I need help with event coding and the such). I can assume he is fine if people borrow his content if they mention him in the credits. Personally i used his ballistics to make my "GO BALLISITC!" weapon pack mod which expanded ballistics quite a lot really and polished them up and such.

He is not gonna update it for slipstream mod manager and AE, however once I start to get anywhere anytime soon on it I might be able to update it and re-release FoTF with some form of success, the biggest problem would be replacing all those rebel related text events and enemies with Mantis. It's a lot of text and events...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:51 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:hello Whale Cancer. can I please use some of the weapons in your FOTF mod so I can add them to my Overhaul? and if you can, can you update this to AE and slipstream mod manager?

Sorry to say but Whalecancer has announced as far back as 2013 that he abandoned this project. I have received his approval for using his assets and stuff for my mod and I intend to update the Foundation of the Federation mod someday. however my main problem is time and experience (This is mostly event heavy and I need help with event coding and the such). I can assume he is fine if people borrow his content if they mention him in the credits. Personally i used his ballistics to make my "GO BALLISITC!" weapon pack mod which expanded ballistics quite a lot really and polished them up and such.

He is not gonna update it for slipstream mod manager and AE, however once I start to get anywhere anytime soon on it I might be able to update it and re-release FoTF with some form of success, the biggest problem would be replacing all those rebel related text events and enemies with Mantis. It's a lot of text and events...

w8 has he released this into the public domain? I need some sprites for my WIP FTL overhaul, FTL: Before Darkness
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:10 am

Stormbringer wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:

w8 has he released this into the public domain? I need some sprites for my WIP FTL overhaul, FTL: Before Darkness

"If people take code from it and credit me that is fine. " -WhaleCancer, 15/08/2016
"If someone wants to 'take it over' and try to complete something like the original concept, I would at least want to talk to them a bit " -WhaleCancer, 15/08/2016

So yea... you can take his weapon concepts and coding as long as you credit him BUT if you will work in FTL: FotF then you need to talk to him. IF you want I am working on it. Wouldn't mind help (I am simply asking as FTL: BD sounds similar to the FotF mod)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:17 am

sort of. FTL: BD is about a previous federation war (before fed-mantis war) where the federation was fighitng a large, technologically superior coalition between rock, crystal mantis and slug races. I have made the mainstay of the Coalition fleet as a player ship here: viewtopic.php?t=29836
any chance of collab on FTL BD? you'll get lots of credit i.e. there will be a ship of your design, your own weapons, credit to you in the main menu etc.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:20 am

mantis... slugs... and rocks? that's an odd bunch.

Mantis hate both of them. Rocks do not interact with aliens due to strong religious reasons- potentially starting since before they had interplanetary excess...
Slugs?... well slugs is the only faction we know in FTL right now that do not have a large 'formal' organization. We know the Mantis have a fleet/ a military. We know humans too. Rocks is slightly known to have 2 (crystal/ rocks coalition or what ever you should call it, shown in Rock type C).

but the lore in FTL is kept vague to leave it to open interpretation and in all honesty with the very shacky lore it's hard to say if a mod is lore friendly or not.

Good luck with your mod! I do have some mantis, rock ,and slug hulls I have made and I am making race specific weapons too! (mantis acid thrower. Low damage, Spreads (like flak, but fires like a normal 'laser' not a cloud of derbry. Does anti personel damage and later variants may do system damage), Asteroid launchers (basically similar, but fires asteroids (same damage/ properties) periodically like a captains edition autolaser or basic laser II but with the flak distribution), etc... some slug weapons too based on heated and neutral plasmas. etc...

I'll PM you some work I've done. However we should get off this thread.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
PrivateHazzard

Postby PrivateHazzard » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 pm

How goes it? can we use these ships without replacing others now?