[OVERHAUL MULTIVERSE ADDON] - Eldritch Horrors: Chapter 3 (The Crawling Chaos) v0.4.3

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SallySpartan

Re: [OVERHAUL MULTIVERSE ADDON] - Eldritch Horrors: Chapter 3 (The Crawling Chaos) v0.4

Postby SallySpartan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 pm

Most likely you are not running the game through directx. This isn't an issue with only mv but EH adds so much that you need to

One way to do this is
make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -directx
then run the game using the shortcut

This should fix it.
tinyrodent

Re: [OVERHAUL MULTIVERSE ADDON] - Eldritch Horrors: Chapter 3 (The Crawling Chaos) v0.4

Postby tinyrodent » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 pm

I added that to the launch options in Steam and it worked, thanks!
SallySpartan

Postby SallySpartan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:56 am

BTW, just uploaded a pretty important hotfix!
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:37 pm

This is after installing the hotfix version.

I've played quite a few games now and still haven't unlocked any of the Eldritch player ships. :(
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Another bug: the game locks up when I try to go to Moon Beast Realm sector.

EDIT: I checked the log file and it's full of stuff like this repeated over and over (25MB worth)

Code: Select all

Null event creation = BEAST_DISCOUNT
Null event creation = TRANSPORT_MOONBEAST_LOOT 13688
SallySpartan

Re: [OVERHAUL MULTIVERSE ADDON] - Eldritch Horrors: Chapter 3 (The Crawling Chaos) v0.4.2

Postby SallySpartan » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:47 pm

Thank you for the bug reports, I changed something internally causing the event to break. The newest update should fix both the crash, and the report me drones that you ran into.
saqib126

Re: [OVERHAUL MULTIVERSE ADDON] - Eldritch Horrors: Chapter 3 (The Crawling Chaos) v0.4.3

Postby saqib126 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:23 am

Just installed the mod along with multiverse, got a teleporter to the Miskatonic university and teleported there to look through the archives for lore, but all of the options within the archive or examining the various books(and possibly choosing to steal them) yield no description, just a TEXT_MISKATONIC_ANCIENT_ARCHIVE or something similar, seemingly failing to read the file. I have the mod running after Edifice Harmony which itself is running just after multiverse. Dont have direct x or large address aware enabled currently, but as far as I can tell that shouldn't be causing this issue. Is there any way to fix it?

EDIT:Running with LAA and direct x didn't fix the issue, it seems.
lehman93

Re: [OVERHAUL MULTIVERSE ADDON] - Eldritch Horrors: Chapter 3 (The Crawling Chaos) v0.4.3

Postby lehman93 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:27 pm

So i got an issue, whenever i seem to enter an edritch horror zone the game just freezes and i have to force quit
saqib126

Postby saqib126 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:38 am

lehman93 wrote:So i got an issue, whenever i seem to enter an edritch horror zone the game just freezes and i have to force quit

Same issue, tried jumping into a Moon-Beast Dominion zone and the game freezes. Its the only path forward that I have too. :(
SallySpartan

Postby SallySpartan » Thu May 13, 2021 4:40 am

About the issue with the university, it seems that was fixed in the discord version but not the forum version, I will link that one tomorrow.
*edit* apparently discord and forum versions are the same, but last time I tried that version on MV 4.8 it worked, so perhaps something got borked. When I have time I will look into it.*

About the crashing, are you using any MV above 4.8, if so: it will crash, they are not compatible. If you are crashing on 4.8 then please let me know since it should be stable on 4.8