[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:00 am

Nights is quite strong, but he's also very hard to obtain. Most unique crew are very strong, though he is definitely on the upper end. In 5.0 the gimmick for the type A of the black raven is moved to a different ship with a much harder unlock, though it's a very popular ship so it'd disappoint a lot of people to nerf it too much.
Aytum

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby Aytum » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:45 am

Will unlock progress be lost with the 5.0 update?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 am

It will not - except for one particular ship, which had its ID and placement changed and thus the saves won't be able to remember it.
0Rookie0

Postby 0Rookie0 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:03 am

https://i.imgur.com/WAnR281.png

I have received an "ERROR Report Me" drone. The event was a lanius asking to craft one of a few options in exchange for scrap. I had a blue option from my lanius for discounted items and chose a drone. I hope this is the right place to post this. I also only have Multiverse fully Installed on the Steam version 4.11, no additional mods.
Aytum

Postby Aytum » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:46 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:It will not - except for one particular ship, which had its ID and placement changed and thus the saves won't be able to remember it.

Good. Thanks for the response, and excellent work on the mod!
966socho

Postby 966socho » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:44 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Nights is quite strong, but he's also very hard to obtain. Most unique crew are very strong, though he is definitely on the upper end. In 5.0 the gimmick for the type A of the black raven is moved to a different ship with a much harder unlock, though it's a very popular ship so it'd disappoint a lot of people to nerf it too much.

OK, that makes sense. Figured it was one of the easier unlocks, since you can find the starting event in a non-unique sector, and the quest isn't too complicated.

Speaking of, I encountered a bug that let me complete the quest twice! Spoilers below:

I was playing the Nights cruiser, so naturally I betrayed Slocknog and took Nights (from a different multiverse?) with me. At the exit, I found that I was able to go back to the royal nebula again! So I circled back and killed Slocknog again, just for the fun of it. Imagine that, a 3 Nights boarding party.

Not sure what the exact cause was. Could be because the flag wasn't erased properly upon completing the quest, or maybe because I also had the Hektor event flag as well?
nukepower

Postby nukepower » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Great mod! just reporting a few issues I've had:

1) the "Heal B." (Medi-Cluster) and Repair C. (Repair Cluster) both do not seem to work - the consume a missile but there is no detonation or effect

2) It is possible to start with 0 fuel by selecting to change your challenge level, which removes it, then Nevermind, which brings you back to the main menu

3) Speaking of Nights, I did his quest but did not get his unlock - I crewkilled the other slug and got nights on my ship but it didnt unlock the Night cruisers

Thanks for your hard work!
966socho

Postby 966socho » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:51 am

nukepower wrote:Great mod! just reporting a few issues I've had:

1) the "Heal B." (Medi-Cluster) and Repair C. (Repair Cluster) both do not seem to work - the consume a missile but there is no detonation or effect

2) It is possible to start with 0 fuel by selecting to change your challenge level, which removes it, then Nevermind, which brings you back to the main menu

3) Speaking of Nights, I did his quest but did not get his unlock - I crewkilled the other slug and got nights on my ship but it didnt unlock the Night cruisers

Thanks for your hard work!

For 1), I think it's due to a bug with 0 power weapons. They don't fire unless you have an active 1+ power weapon.

For 3), I found the event several times, and this quest has several different endings, not all of which results in unlocking the ship! (I'll avoid spoiling the correct choice here.)
nukepower

Postby nukepower » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:55 am

966socho wrote:For 1), I think it's due to a bug with 0 power weapons. They don't fire unless you have an active 1+ power weapon.

For 3), I found the event several times, and this quest has several different endings, not all of which results in unlocking the ship! (I'll avoid spoiling the correct choice here.)

I'll try the bombs again, I'm 99% sure I did have something powered but i'll double check that. For Nights, I was following the guide on the wiki, so if thats wrong I guess I might have picked wrong. I've noticed a few others not unlocking when they should - is it affected by difficulty (ie easy etc)
Buggy

Postby Buggy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:00 am

I've found a crashing, probably game-ending bug.

It's related to spoilers, highlight the following text to read (sorry anyone who isn't on the default forum colorscheme):

SPOILER START
The augmented quest. I encountered the Augmented in a abandoned sector, number... 6? Or maybe 7, I don't quite remember. Then I went to the Augmented sector, did the quest, woke up the ancient, and then when i go through his story and try to warp, the game instantly crashes to desktop the moment I exit the dialogue.
SPOILER END

I have a suspicion as to why. I think the forced warp is trying to warp me to the next sector, which would put me at sector 8 or 9 without reaching the last stand. The game probably has a bunch of stuff that is expecting sectors to be capped at 8 and doesn't handle a 9th gracefully, and at least one of those causes a crash.

I have saved a copy of the save and I can upload it if anyone thinks it will help.

edit: didn't realize it saved crash logs, here: https://pastebin.com/7NiL9xfH

edit2: Okay, so the reality is apparently more complex. I moved on to the Last Stand, and then did the spoiler thing, and it worked and i warped back out of the Last Stand.