[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
lehman93

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby lehman93 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:16 pm

Just tried out the spider cruisers, but the auto ai on them seems extremely janky, once i got the predatory insticts upgrade whenever theres fire, they just go into it and die... might be coused by the fact that i have a clone bay but it still seems dumb that they decide to stand in a fire til they die
LadyBlackhorn

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby LadyBlackhorn » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:09 am

Hi! This mod looks cool as hell! But sadly, after wrestling with the installation process for a while, I get to the MULTIVERSE loading screen but only up to the S gets filled up. Tantalisingly close! The title screen music comes on but I get stuck on this loading page. Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Now working! Here's what I did:

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe (found in your FTLGame folder)
right click properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:12 am

is there a chance to make 5 or 6 slot weapons? does Hyperspace allow that to be modded in?
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:33 pm

gerrykomalaysia22 wrote:is there a chance to make 5 or 6 slot weapons? does Hyperspace allow that to be modded in?

You can do that without Hyperspace, the problem is that with or without Hyperspace, autofiring slots 5 to 8 in the weapons system will crash the game.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:26 pm

I tried reinstalling hyperspace and multiverse, but whenever I run the game now I get the message: Functiontracker: cannot find GetShipAchievements and the game crashes.
Blowingupstuff89

Postby Blowingupstuff89 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:22 am

^ To above user. Run the "downgrade.bat" in your FTLGame folder.

Multiverse is great. I just booted it up on Hard and after a couple tries made it to the flagship. Awesome stuff and can't wait to play more.

I ran into a huge difficulty spike here. Sector 7 and 8 ships practically couldn't touch me and the only fight I had to flee from was some kind of Shell boss. The flagship, however, is a whole new beast. It was buffed so significantly that I can't see how anyone would ever defeat it with the setup I had.

Maybe that's because I used a Shield Jammer combat augment which doesn't actually do anything to the flagship. I figured it would be very helpful and sank around 90 scrap into that & an emergency generator augment just for it to do nothing. I think it would be appropriate to mention in the description of the Shield Jammer that it does not function against the flagship. I purchased it specifically to fight the flagship, but could have gotten some serious upgrades instead of that, and probably would have won. It was a pretty disappointing way to lose. Anyway, thank you again for the awesome mod, and good luck to all Multiverse travelers, I'm onto the next run now. :twisted:
miaowbass

Postby miaowbass » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:20 am

Thanks for the mod - it's excellent.

I have a bug report [SPOILERS]:

Ancient Cruiser B states that can be unlocked through having unlocked Ancient Cruiser A, Augmented Cruiser C and Cultist Cruiser C. I have these unlocked but Ancient B is still locked. Perhaps it's because I unlocked Ember C through having all the other Rock unlocks?
miaowbass

Postby miaowbass » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:12 am

miaowbass wrote:Thanks for the mod - it's excellent.

I have a bug report [SPOILERS]:

Ancient Cruiser B states that can be unlocked through having unlocked Ancient Cruiser A, Augmented Cruiser C and Cultist Cruiser C. I have these unlocked but Ancient B is still locked. Perhaps it's because I unlocked Ember C through having all the other Rock unlocks?

And I've since rebooted and unlocked the ship on startup. Perhaps the script conditions require this? Either was it's sorted now, thanks!
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Ilikemultiverse wrote:I tried reinstalling hyperspace and multiverse, but whenever I run the game now I get the message: Functiontracker: cannot find GetShipAchievements and the game crashes.

That's the error for not having downgraded the game. Make sure you run the (right version of) downgrader.

Blowingupstuff89 wrote:Maybe that's because I used a Shield Jammer combat augment which doesn't actually do anything to the flagship.

I believe you might be mistaken on this one? Obviously whatever happened on your end happened on your end, but from all my testing it does seem work, and it is intended to work. Are you sure you had the shield jammer on-hand? There's two combat augments that don't work on the flagship (and they do explicitly say they don't) and that's the targeting jammer and EMP Generator.

miaowbass wrote:And I've since rebooted and unlocked the ship on startup. Perhaps the script conditions require this? Either was it's sorted now, thanks!

Yeah, its a strange hyperspace thing. Not sure why it's like that but unfortunately its out of the MV team's control.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:53 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:
Ilikemultiverse wrote:I tried reinstalling hyperspace and multiverse, but whenever I run the game now I get the message: Functiontracker: cannot find GetShipAchievements and the game crashes.

That's the error for not having downgraded the game. Make sure you run the (right version of) downgrader.

I just managed to fix that one, but I still can't get into the game even though I deleted my save files and reinstalled the game.