[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JerC

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.3 Order and Chaos

Postby JerC » Mon May 29, 2023 1:57 pm

In Multiverse, when I defeat a ship there's no animation showing the ship blowing up. It just disappears, with some explosions. Is this normal?

Yes, you can download the GenGibs addon from the addon thread if it bothers you.

Also, I sometimes lose the "connectivity grid" in a sector. Any way to fix this?

Press ALT in a run or click on the glass icon at the bottom right, it's what toggles it.
TheBlob

Postby TheBlob » Mon May 29, 2023 11:23 pm

Thanks for the answer :) Will also check about the addon!

Another thing I noticed: I have a Zoltan Shield and the Aether shield upgrade saying it adds 3 stacking layers of energy shield, so I figured I would have 8 layers, but I only have 3. Is this a bug?
JerC

Postby JerC » Tue May 30, 2023 8:08 am

TheBlob wrote:Thanks for the answer :) Will also check about the addon!

Another thing I noticed: I have a Zoltan Shield and the Aether shield upgrade saying it adds 3 stacking layers of energy shield, so I figured I would have 8 layers, but I only have 3. Is this a bug?

Yes, it was fixed in later Hyperspace versions. You should grab the latest one to avoid issues (and do the same with the MV Data files if applicable)
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:25 am

the latest version of multiverse, which is 5.3 plus plus is the best version, because it is very very hard. took me at least 20 tries to finish the run at maximum difficulty using the enemy ace ship. good job! previous versions were at best mid because they do not provide a challenge at all
Whywhat3232

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.3.1 Order and Chaos

Postby Whywhat3232 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:30 am

Hello everyone, just need to report a bug. I was using the MV Harmony Cruiser and i equipped the Repair B on it. It kept missing my ship, missed 20 or so missiles. I checked to see if i had any augment that will mess with it but i did not. I noticed it had to do with the position it was on in the weapon slot. If i changed its position or put it back in storage and equipped it again it would often start working.

Also great mod guys! Keep up the good work. :)
JerC

Postby JerC » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:11 am

Whywhat3232 wrote:Hello everyone, just need to report a bug. I was using the MV Harmony Cruiser and i equipped the Repair B on it. It kept missing my ship, missed 20 or so missiles. I checked to see if i had any augment that will mess with it but i did not. I noticed it had to do with the position it was on in the weapon slot. If i changed its position or put it back in storage and equipped it again it would often start working.

You need to use it while another weapon is powered.
Whywhat3232

Postby Whywhat3232 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:29 pm

JerC wrote:
Whywhat3232 wrote:Hello everyone, just need to report a bug. I was using the MV Harmony Cruiser and i equipped the Repair B on it. It kept missing my ship, missed 20 or so missiles. I checked to see if i had any augment that will mess with it but i did not. I noticed it had to do with the position it was on in the weapon slot. If i changed its position or put it back in storage and equipped it again it would often start working.

Thank you! Is this the right section for balance suggestions? Because I have a few suggestions, i am no expert by any means.

1. I am not sure if Boarding drones take damage from radiation weapons but they do get the "affliction" status appearance. Not sure if it only shows in appearance and does not actually affect them.

2. When you change the power level or mode of a drone, like amp-ion, it should be disabled for a few moments just like when a drone gets red disabled when it gets destroyed. Instant conversion like changing from anti-missile to anti-drone mode seems a bit too convenient.
JerC

Postby JerC » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:29 am

Whywhat3232 wrote:
JerC wrote:

Thank you! Is this the right section for balance suggestions? Because I have a few suggestions, i am no expert by any means.

1. I am not sure if Boarding drones take damage from radiation weapons but they do get the "affliction" status appearance. Not sure if it only shows in appearance and does not actually affect them.

2. When you change the power level or mode of a drone, like amp-ion, it should be disabled for a few moments just like when a drone gets red disabled when it gets destroyed. Instant conversion like changing from anti-missile to anti-drone mode seems a bit too convenient.

Drones take half the damage from weapon fire that crew does, which includes Rad/Anti-bio weaponry as with vanilla.

We have no way of natively adding a cooldown like the game does when a drone is destroyed, but there's already the tradeoff of expanding more drone parts in doing so, which limits the amount of times you can use this trick.
Foreman

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.2.3

Postby Foreman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:25 pm

SanicK wrote:Continuing a saved game file crashes FTL and cannot continue my game after multiple attempts :(

don't update the game until you're between runs, otherwise that can happen, it happened to me
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
Mority

Postby Mority » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:00 pm

Great mod! I really enjoy playing it!

Idea: Wouldn't it be cool if the Vanilla ships would unlock from your unmodded profile. Meaning that if you unlocked some ships in vanilla ftl they would be unlocked in FTL multiverse as well. I suppose you would need to change hyperspace for that to work though...