[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Raschwolf

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.3 + Hotfix & HS Patch [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Rele

Postby Raschwolf » Mon May 03, 2021 4:38 pm

Just updated to the newest patch, and I think I have a bug or didn't install something correctly. Only the first multiverse cruiser is unlocked, none of the other ships can be viewed or selected. Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/Ssw51Pp
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.3 + Hotfix & HS Patch [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Rele

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 pm

Which version were you on before? Pre-4.6, there were no custom unlocks for pages 2+ and thus every new ship started unlocked. Every version since has introduced a new save file system with unlocks for every ship, so you can play from scratch. If that isn't your thing, don't fret, you can skip the unlocks entirely with the console. Press L while not in any events or menus and type SHIP ALL (in all caps, like that), then go back to the hangar.

P.S., since a lot of people seem to get confused on this, once you've updated to post 4.6, your unlocks will carry over between versions.
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:53 am

It feels weird to be posting on this forum again after years of not posting here and somehow the very first post is a bug report.

So, I soft-locked during a run on the Kestrel A. My game froze during the sector jump to the orchid homeworlds. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but I don't any other choice of sector to go to so I had to abandon the run. Here are my saves for that run if they're needed. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19vf-S4jxOB_L0CmCdhV1dNxmjUncZiW2/view?usp=sharing

For reference, I have HS 0.7 and MV 4.10.3, which I downloaded roughly five days ago.

Love what you and the team have done with the game. I haven't had this much fun since the first time I played an overhaul mod. I'm excited for more
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue May 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Make sure you're on the hotfix. Not too long after 4.10.3 come out a hotfix was released that fixed a couple of bugs that slipped through playtesting, including the orchid sector crash. It also requires a hyperspace update though as well (0.7.1)

Glad you're enjoying the mod!
stemabbz

Postby stemabbz » Wed May 05, 2021 1:16 pm

I've been playing this mod for a while now, loving it. Unfortunately, I recently tried updating to 4.10.3, only to get a Visual C++ Runtime error immediately after the firt loading screen (right when the main menu should have appeared). I did some googling, tried deleting profiles, reinstalling FTL and the mod from scratch, disabling DirectX, and every comination of the above, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu May 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Not sure if this is what you mean by "disabling directX", but have you tried applying opengl? In case you haven't, the process is;

Code: Select all

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut

Unfortunately, you've basically described every solution I know of for these case by case loading screen problems. Is this only happening on 4.10.3 for you? Where in the loading screen are you getting the error? Does it export any crashlogs? (crashlogs are located in the crashlog folder in your FTL install directory)
stemabbz

Postby stemabbz » Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am

I hadn't tried opengl before, and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help :D

In case you're still wanting to investigate the cause, the log files ended with "Cannot initialise symbols" (or something along those lines; I deleted all FTL files during my last attempt at reinstalling). It started when I updated to 4.10.3, but when I tried downgrading to 4.9 the problem persisted, but I was able to run vanilla FTL without issue, even with Hyperspace installed. And it was happening right at the end of the loading screen; the main menu music started playing the same time the error appeared, but the menu itself didn't load, the game just crashed when I closed the error message

Oh, and for the record it was the steam version, and I put the -opengl in the steam game properties. Just in case anyone else has the same problem.
mike

Postby mike » Sat May 08, 2021 2:15 am

This mod is great! Thanks so much for the work that went into it, it's been so much fun to play :D

One bug I noticed in the latest update - my spider crew now seem to be controllable at all times, and the control ability seemingly does nothing?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat May 08, 2021 3:35 am

I hadn't tried opengl before, and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help :D

Ah, good to hear it worked. The issue doesn't really seem like something we can fix I'm afraid, but at least opengl seems to be the tried and true solution.

One bug I noticed in the latest update - my spider crew now seem to be controllable at all times, and the control ability seemingly does nothing?

Are you sure you don't have the queen on your ship? The queen makes all of your spiders on the same ship as her controllable. If not, make sure you're on the right hyperspace version, because it definitely should be working. Glad you're enjoying the mod though!
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.4 [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Release]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed May 12, 2021 3:10 am

4.10.4 is out now, introducing Hektar Industries and their modular weaponry!

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Added the Hektar Mega-Market 'secret' sector.

Added the Hektar and Angelic Cruisers.

Added the Hektar Modular Weapons.

Reworked [Sale!] Sectors.

Added Hektar Employee and Lizard worker crew.

Reworked the lizard event.

Gave Freddy his own unique crew type.

Added a new Sylvan trade for Hektar weapons.

Added the Electrical Insullation internal augment.

Added the Lance Beam mk 1.

Added and modified a few true ending crew interactions.

Added a few new sfx.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Reorganized the ship screen to put pirate ships on page 3.

The info toggle now toggles enemy descriptions as well.

You can now only save Sylvan with a level 4 medical system. However, you can now save him in other character dialogues between him.

The Royal Dreadnaught now uses some royal weaponry.

Updated the Shell Guardian description to mention their increased system damage.

The Morph Legion quest now gives a random New Gen weapon.

Retitled the special pirate ships to use the proper classifications of their new faction names. (Slaver -> Tiiikaka, Mercenary -> Syndicate, Smuggler -> Argeonn)

Improved the MFK Ace sprite.

Updated the rest of the Zoltan crew.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 BALANCE:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Increased the power usage of various enemy weapons.

MFK Aces now take 20% more hazard damage. Reduced sabotage speed by x0.3.

Sentinels no longer ignore doors/lockdown.

Greatly reduced the max artillery power of the Fed Assault, Fed Light Cruiser, and rebel guards + pirate variants.

Cluster Bomb is officially a new gen weapon and no longer spawns in stores.

Reduced the crew damage of the anti-bio ion by 15.

Gave Ares 1 additional system damage.

Increased the breach chance of the Zenith.

Payload now has a 7 second stun. Increased system damage by 1. Decreased price by 10. Increased radius by 30. Increase final cooldown by .25 seconds.

Increased the cooldown of the gatling by 12 seconds. Removed the fire chance.

Onslaught no longer does any system damage. Reduced breach chance by 10%.

Changed the Crystal Cruiser loadout back to similar to what it was before.

Increased the damage of the sniper by 1. Decreased cooldown by 1 second.

Increased the pierce of the shard-launcher. Increased the cooldown by 6 seconds. Gave it lockdown.

Increased the weapon power and reactor power of Spook B by 1.

Decreased the reactor of the Sentinel cruiser by 6 and weapon power by 2.

Pleasure B now has a level 2 medbay and teleporter.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos. (with even more additional proofreading from JerC)

Fixed the Kalis/Scanner Combo so it now works with the Spectum instead.

Fixed bugged riggers appearing a lot.

Morphed crew now have special names to prevent the wierd bug where it would remove the wrong crew.

Fixed s1 rock pirates spawning out of s1.

Fixed the s1 exit ship appearing randomly.

Fixed Shard Launcher using missiles.

Fixed the wonderdrone menu not appearing.

Fixed the Orchid Sector crashes.

Fixed enemy Hermes appearing in stores.

Fixed the old 2 power bl1 from spawning.

Fixed heavy stunner from appearing in ancient stores.

Fixed the Energy Charger+ taking the same amount of power as the non + version.

Fixed the charge light on the Energy charger.

Fixed matchbox graphics.