[MOD] Custom Ships 0.6 beta UPDATE

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
jeme223

Re: [MOD] Custom Ships 0.6 beta UPDATE

Postby jeme223 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 am

good idea, i just think somebody needs to do the art for him.... i mean if it had custom art then it could be better...
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:28 am

Unfortunately though, I don't have any image editing software or tools like Adobe Fireworks :?
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 am

POM_Fenris wrote:Unfortunately though, I don't have any image editing software or tools like Adobe Fireworks :?

GIMP is free.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Um, question on Millenium Falcon to POM_Fenris.

Shouldn't Millenium Falcon have shield instead of cloak (a lvl 1 shield and no cloak)?
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 pm

@Whale Cancer - I don't have admin rights on my PC so can't get any new software beside what my Dad adds. He is often busy and is away for two weeks minimum, so it would be a while before I could get GIMP :|

@UberFubarius - I put in for it to start with cloaking because it was designed in the films as a smuggler ship. Whilst I acknowledge that in the films the Falcon had neither shields nor cloaking, it would be crazy to have neither in FTL. As a smuggler ship, it seemed more fitting to have cloaking. The shields lvl1 thing came about as the idea that it carries a lot of random junk around the galaxy, so it would be "some cobbled together parts" that don't quite function until they are upgraded. This is my reasoning ;)
jaxxa

Postby jaxxa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:02 am

Might I suggest you could check out Portable Gimp, It shouldn't need Admin access to setup.
http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_p ... p_portable

Also the federation ship you are uncertain of (last one in the list) is a "Nebula class" Starship. It is usually portrayed as more of a science ship, I suggest giving it higher level sensors to start with
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nebula_class
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:05 am

@Jaxxa - Even with the right software I very much doubt I could do quality artwork for this mod. Also I did not create the mod, I am just contributing suggestions for loadouts. Higher sensors sounds good, as well as starting with medbay lvl2?
Zalkida

Postby Zalkida » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 am

I like the idea, but the ships don't match anything else in the game, as far as pixilation goes. They look copied-and-pasted. To fix this, I reccomend getting paint.NET and uploading the .bmp. Then go around the edges and clear up the shadows and such around the edge. Then it should look pixilated.
Zalkida Mirnath - Fear the Assassian
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm

POM_Fenris wrote:@Whale Cancer - I don't have admin rights on my PC so can't get any new software beside what my Dad adds. He is often busy and is away for two weeks minimum, so it would be a while before I could get GIMP :|

@UberFubarius - I put in for it to start with cloaking because it was designed in the films as a smuggler ship. Whilst I acknowledge that in the films the Falcon had neither shields nor cloaking, it would be crazy to have neither in FTL. As a smuggler ship, it seemed more fitting to have cloaking. The shields lvl1 thing came about as the idea that it carries a lot of random junk around the galaxy, so it would be "some cobbled together parts" that don't quite function until they are upgraded. This is my reasoning ;)

You do realize the Falcon DID have shields?

For example, I believe it got hit once or twice by TIE fighters, but survived intact. Furthermore, remember that SW ships don't have shields until they power up and prepare for takeoff, explaining why there's a lot of sparks going out when the ship's being fired upon while on the ground but does some strange flashing thing when hit while airborne.

So yes, the Millenium Falcon should have shields, not cloaking.
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 pm

dalolorn wrote: You do realize the Falcon DID have shields?.

Having discussed amongst friends, I have realised this, yes. In this case maybe start with lvl 1 shields but no cloak?