[HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheSwiftTiger

Re: [HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:54 am

Update 0.5.4

This update DOES NOT make the mod work on the latest version of FTL. You will have to downgrade to version 1.6.9 - the instructions for that are in the main post.

Changelog

Code: Select all

- Fixed bugs:
   > Drones that have healing effects no longer continue to heal crew even when destroyed or despawned
   > Ion intruders now work when "battle" race is set
   > <customShip> crew assignment no longer doubles crew when restarting
   > Boarding drones can now be selected by clicking if controllable
   > Removing hidden augments now works as intended
- <droneAI> tag which lets you choose what the drone tries to do
- Added creditsBackground attribute to <win> in custom events, which pulls from an imageList
   > Can be used for randomized win backgrounds as well
   > Added default_victory custom event which can change the credits background and text for winning by killing the flagship
- Changed <roomAnim> (removed <iconAnim>) syntax and added renderLayer attribute
- Weapons no longer disappear when jumping
- Added <noJump> tag to enemy custom ships which prevents you from jumping when in a fight with them

Download link is on the main post
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:47 pm

Update 0.5.5

This update DOES NOT make the mod work on the latest version of FTL. You will have to downgrade to version 1.6.9 - the instructions for that are in the main post.

Changelog

- Bug fixes related to hidden augments

TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:31 pm

Update 0.5.6

Changelog

- Fixed hidden augment removal (again)
- Fixed dying in a secret sector not letting you choose the second sector after restarting
- Added better logging
   > Made FTL_HS.log which includes event creations and ship creations
   > ShipEvent information: ship event name, blueprint, autoBlueprint, actual ship blueprint name
   > crashlogs folder now copies FTL.log and FTL_HS.log

KawaiiAsa

Postby KawaiiAsa » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:37 pm

realise I'm probably 500 light years late to this... but I don't know how I went wrong because I always get an error message saying 'hyperspace.xml not found', however I do not remember there being a hyperspace.xml file, no clue where I went wrong but it prevents use of the mod entirely, maybe I missed a solution to this being posted here but oh well
laszlogasd

Postby laszlogasd » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:09 pm

KawaiiAsa wrote:realise I'm probably 500 light years late to this... but I don't know how I went wrong because I always get an error message saying 'hyperspace.xml not found', however I do not remember there being a hyperspace.xml file, no clue where I went wrong but it prevents use of the mod entirely, maybe I missed a solution to this being posted here but oh well

If you are not using multiverse, then after downgrading and having the files in place, you'll have to patch in the hyperspace.ftl file with slipstream as well for it to work.
Z_Ace

Postby Z_Ace » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:43 pm

I'm trying to add in a couple new races, but while I can get them both working functionally neither is visible in game.

The graphic files fundamentally work, in that if I rename them human_base.png it replaces the human graphics perfectly. That must mean that I have made a mistake in the data files, but I'm not sure where.

Here's what I have in my hyperspace.xml file:

<crew>
<race name="Bean">
<animBase>bean</animBase>
</race>

And here's what I have in my blueprints.xml.append file:

<crewBlueprint name="Bean">
   <desc>Just here to have a good time! You should probably keep them out of close combat.</desc>
   <cost>50</cost>
   <title>Bean</title>
   <short>Bean</short>
   <rarity>1</rarity>
   <colorList>
      <layer> <!--fore color-->
         <color r="255" g="0" b="0" a="1.0" /> <!--red-->
         <color r="0" g="255" b="0" a="1.0"/> <!--green-->
         <color r="0" g="0" b="255" a="1.0"/> <!--blue-->
         <color r="199" g="134" b="23" a="1.0"/> <!--yellow-->
         <color r="56" g="255" b="220" a="1.0"/> <!--cyan-->
         <color r="238" g="84" b="187" a="1.0"/> <!--magenta-->
         <color r="63" g="71" b="78" a="1.0"/> <!--black-->
         <color r="113" g="73" b="30" a="1.0"/> <!--brown-->
      </layer>
   </colorList>
</crewBlueprint>

And the animations.xml.append file is just the base version but replacing "ghost" with "bean."

Can anyone spot any obvious errors?

Edit: Immediately after writing this I though, "maybe instead of using the ghost crew data I should use the testCrew data." As soon as I did so it immediately started working.
KawaiiAsa

Postby KawaiiAsa » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:18 pm

laszlogasd wrote:
KawaiiAsa wrote:realise I'm probably 500 light years late to this... but I don't know how I went wrong because I always get an error message saying 'hyperspace.xml not found', however I do not remember there being a hyperspace.xml file, no clue where I went wrong but it prevents use of the mod entirely, maybe I missed a solution to this being posted here but oh well

If you are not using multiverse, then after downgrading and having the files in place, you'll have to patch in the hyperspace.ftl file with slipstream as well for it to work.

I've been patching it in with Slipstream however it still comes up with the same error message
Z_Ace

Postby Z_Ace » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:19 am

As a mod maker, what do I need to do to update my mod to the latest version of Hyperspace?

Edit: my mod was made with version 0.5.5
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:54 am

in your hyperspace.xml(.append) file there should be a <version> tag. Make sure you version tag is the latest hyperspace version.
Syntax would be <version>56</version> (as the latest hyperspace version is 0.5.6)
Z_Ace

Postby Z_Ace » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:06 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:in your hyperspace.xml(.append) file there should be a <version> tag. Make sure you version tag is the latest hyperspace version.
Syntax would be <version>56</version> (as the latest hyperspace version is 0.5.6)

Is that it? Fantastic!