FTL Developer Console

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
1eyedking

Re: FTL Developer Console

Postby 1eyedking » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:45 pm

kek wrote:I think I did it right, it's just that I don't think it actually changed the file. It comes back successful but nothing is changed. The key to open the console doesnt do anything for me.

I know this is very late, but for those having issues installing this on 1.6.9 like kek above, there is a bug/typo on the install.bat file on line 32:

Code: Select all

bspatch "%ftlPath%FTLGame.exe" "%ftlPath%\FTLGame.exe" FTLAPI.patch

A slash ('\') is missing on the first bspatch command. Replace the line above with this one:

Code: Select all

bspatch "%ftlPath%\FTLGame.exe" "%ftlPath%\FTLGame.exe" FTLAPI.patch

And you're good to go. You should delete FTLGame-backup.exe if you've attempted to patch it, and re-run the modified install.bat, this time without issues.
odihfgtlikedhrf

Postby odihfgtlikedhrf » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:00 am

Hey @BFrizzleFoShizzle, the mod doesn't work with the most current version of FTL. Can you update it?
BFrizzleFoShizzle

Postby BFrizzleFoShizzle » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:03 am

odihfgtlikedhrf wrote:Hey @BFrizzleFoShizzle, the mod doesn't work with the most current version of FTL. Can you update it?

Late reply, but I've been out of the FTL modding scene for many years and probably won't come back.
The original person who found + first enabled the dev console was TheSwiftTiger, who was (and maybe still is?) the lead developer of FTL: Hyperspace. I haven't been following them, but they might have that feature built-in, and if not, they would be the best people to ask about this.