[MOD] FTL: Project Coalition (Rebooting. Stand by.)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FTL ProjCoal team

[MOD] FTL: Project Coalition (Rebooting. Stand by.)

Postby FTL ProjCoal team » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Dear everyone on the subset forums,

Hello there.

Some of you may know me, others may not.

I might be The One Who Disappeared to some- or I might be someone who none of you know.

AT any rate, I'm hoping that people know the...

mess that Project Coalition was.

FTL: Wasted Potential.

I had to hiatus during mid-development (back in 2018) and when I came back to the mod, my other head dev- Kix- had changed things a lot. Too much, perhaps. So I left. I didn't want to be part of it anymore, because it was just too...
different.

I'd like to announce my rebooting of the mod using all the old assets (non-arfy assets which I have permission from Kix and the old gang to use.)

I'm aware that he's making a mod drawing off the old elements, but I'd still like to come back with the Old FTL: PC.

For a taste of what the old lore was like, may I turn your attention to this page and its contents:

https://ftl-project-coalition.fandom.co ... Federation

Godspeed.

- Stormbringer/Aussie Mantis.

It has been years since the scattering of the rebel fleet. The Federation, victorious, is but a mere shadow of its former self, for the legacy of the Rebellion has left a wound on the galaxy that may never heal...

10 years after the destructive Federation Civil War ended in 2710, the Federation struggles against a new enemy. The Coalition, an alliance among the slugs, mantis, rockmen, and rediscovered crystal race, aims to overthrow the Federation and establish a new order. You have received word of the Coalition's latest plan, which may be all they need to destroy the Federation once and for all. They have begun to move their fleet towards the long distance jump beacon, a powerful beacon capable of transporting a ship to any other sector regardless of distance. if they succeed, they will be able to crush the Federation in one blow. But perhaps if you can take down the three dreadnoughts leading the fleet, the Federation's own fleet will be able to defeat the rest.

Do you have what it takes to save the Federation in an increasingly dangerous world?

What is Project Coalition?

Project Coalition is a complete overhaul mod in similar vein to one of FTL’s most famous mods Captain’s Edition. It is set many years following the victory at the last stand and will see a ‘legacy’ that the rebellion has left on the galaxy, and without the Federation's unquestionable leadership, the wounds left by the Rebellion fester, and several powers squabble for territories vacated by the Federation during the Federation Civil War, including the now newly expansionist Duskbringers, the Free Mantis who are trying to make a place for themselves, the Coalition, the Rebel Remnants, and the Federation.. Will you save the Federation from the Coalition? Or will you flee into the depths of the galaxy, hounded by the Rebellion and Coalition alike... but away from the war?

Is the Mod Finished?

AHAHAHA absolutely not. We're still developing and changing every day. Our team has grown so much larger than we ever could have expected, and now we're getting even closer to a completely stable polished build. We will soon release the first finished version (maybe in about a month or so), but we do plan to release experimental builds along the way!

------WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STABLE AND EXPERIMENTAL?------
Experimental versions tend to have more bugs and haven't been thoroughly playtested as much as the stable version. There also might be issues with using the same save file across the two. (As of the moment the experimental build is actually stabler than the stable version and rarely crashes).

CAN I HELP?
You most certainly can. All of our teamwork happens on discord, so simply create an acount if you don't have one already and join our discord server (link bellow) so you can participate in voting on features and report any bugs you find. If you want to be part of the dev team, then just dm either Stormbringer of Kix and we'll give you a quick interview!

------VICIOUS VESSELS IS INCLUDED IN THIS MOD!------
Thank you very much to Woona, creator of Vicious Vessels, for letting us use her ships in the creation of Project Coalition. The ships are built completely into the mod so there is no need to patch it in seperately, but if you wish to download the mod and play it without PC, you can find it here! http://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32298&hilit=vessels

Where are we?

We have our own very dead subreddit /r/Project_Coalition which is RIGHT HERE

And of course our Discord, where you can take part in voting, make suggestions, report bugs, and talk about the mod with the developers and other players!

Our crew:
Founders: Stormbringer and Kix the Murican Slug
Main Ship Architects:Magic Badger, Woona, Please Don't Touch Me, AgentTHeKat, Solid Boi (CurseDC)
Weapon Engineers: KingdomKrafters, AgentTHeKat, Please Don't Touch Me
Primary Lorekeepers: Stormbringer, Timewarper, SomeFederationPerson, Techro
Elite Coders: KingdomKrafters, AgentTheKat, Techro
Musicians AgentTheKat, Kidinbox, Gh0stWh1te, Stormbringer, Techro
Just here because he can Horrid Elk
Last edited by FTL ProjCoal team on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:30 am, edited 31 times in total.
K1ller

Re: [MOD] [WIP] FTL: Project Coalition v0.4h

Postby K1ller » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Hmmm.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Hey Storm btw maybe if you made the into text normal sized it would fit inside North America. Just sayin'.
FTL ProjCoal team

Postby FTL ProjCoal team » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:01 pm

KingdomKrafters wrote:Hey Storm btw maybe if you made the into text normal sized it would fit inside North America. Just sayin'.

da, happy?
fdagpigj

Postby fdagpigj » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:28 pm

KingdomKrafters wrote:Hey Storm btw maybe if you made the into text normal sized it would fit inside North America. Just sayin'.

the same could be said of you guys' signatures
DreamPanzerFahrer

Postby DreamPanzerFahrer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:16 pm

So I thought this was interesting, downloaded it and played it for a bit... It has potential, The ships are good but the Type A Zoltan ship had a problem, No access to the Shield room or doors and the crew bugged out when walking, The other ships I saw no problem with, I also assume that this is only the ships at the moment? Anyway this looks promising, good work.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:40 am

DreamPanzerFahrer wrote:So I thought this was interesting, downloaded it and played it for a bit... It has potential, The ships are good but the Type A Zoltan ship had a problem, No access to the Shield room or doors and the crew bugged out when walking, The other ships I saw no problem with, I also assume that this is only the ships at the moment? Anyway this looks promising, good work.

We're planning to fix up sprites for the player ships, but right now we are getting the content down, and then fine tuning the ships once we finish all the intended sprites
DreamPanzerFahrer

Postby DreamPanzerFahrer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:44 pm

SomeFederationPerson wrote:We're planning to fix up sprites for the player ships, but right now we are getting the content down, and then fine tuning the ships once we finish all the intended sprites

Sounds great, good luck.
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 am

Shouldn't this thread be in the mod dev forum instead of working mods?
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am

4n4 wrote:Shouldn't this thread be in the mod dev forum instead of working mods?

Mod works, we've released it, and its somewhat playable