[Ship] New Year's Tug

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jimli_

[Ship] New Year's Tug

Postby Jimli_ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:01 pm

So this was supposed to be the type B for my Christmas Tug, but this ended way more polished and balanced than that one, soooo... this is the main ship now :D . Features a unique firework artillery, as well as a special mind control system (aesthetically, nothing gameplay wise about the mind control is changed). I've beaten the game twice with it, once on easy and once on normal. I would recommend not using easy mode, as it makes just a little too easy. The difficulty curve is a little sharp from easy to normal though, so you might have trouble getting the ball rolling. Once you upgrade your shields though it should be a bit smoother.

Download (version 1.1)

Due to a mistake on my part, the drones and backup battery systems cannot be purchased. I'll fix this in a later version, but I've already spent too much time on the mod and want to relax on New Year's Eve.
Last edited by Jimli_ on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Re: [Ship] New Year's Tug

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:14 am

give me an hour, I'll ring in the new year wit hthis
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:30 am

Jimli_ wrote:So this was supposed to be the type B for my Christmas Tug, but this ended way more polished and balanced than that one, soooo... this is the main ship now :D . Features a unique firework artillery, as well as a special mind control system (aesthetically, nothing gameplay wise about the mind control is changed). I've beaten the game twice with it, once on easy and once on normal. I would recommend not using easy mode, as it makes just a little too easy. The difficulty curve is a little sharp from easy to normal though, so you might have trouble getting the ball rolling. Once you upgrade your shields though it should be a bit smoother.

Download (version 1.0)

Due to a mistake on my part, the drones and backup battery systems cannot be purchased. I'll fix this in a later version, but I've already spent too much time on the mod and want to relax on New Year's Eve.

how the fuck did you make a new system icon? isn't that slightly more than impossible?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:00 am

Not at all. You just have the figure the appropriate folder that system images are stored in (in this case "icons"), then create images with the same name that the images for mind control are given.

It works with the same principle that the low O2 symbol for 1 tile rooms does. If you're having trouble finding out what a folder should be called to change a specific image, superluminal has the entire database listed.
ImageImageImage
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:02 am

Just saying Jimli; your custom interior images (piloting, shields, engines, and weapons) are missing their glows.

It's not a big deal; moreover it's just a pet peeve.

(And 2/3 of your ships in your signature redirect to a Subsetgames 404 page, just replace the old links)
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:11 am

Arfy wrote:Just saying Jimli; your custom interior images (piloting, shields, engines, and weapons) are missing their glows.

It's not a big deal; moreover it's just a pet peeve.

(And 2/3 of your ships in your signature redirect to a Subsetgames 404 page, just replace the old links)

Yeah, I'm not really sure how to fix the glow issue or what I did wrong. The images for the glows are in the proper folder, but it seems to be some sort of problem with superluminal. I'll fix it eventually, probably just need to edit a line in one of the .xml files or something.
ImageImageImage
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:48 am

Jimli_ wrote:Yeah, I'm not really sure how to fix the glow issue or what I did wrong. The images for the glows are in the proper folder, but it seems to be some sort of problem with superluminal. I'll fix it eventually, probably just need to edit a line in one of the .xml files or something.

Just add the prefix "room_" to the custom interior images. (room_engines_blarg)

You'll also need to change certain strings in the blueprints. (img="X" --> img="room_X")

<engines power="3" room="11" start="true" img="engines">
<pilot power="1" room="0" start="true" img="pilot3">
<shields power="2" room="9" start="true" img="shields">
<weapons power="1" room="8" start="true" img="weapons">
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:56 am

Updated the mod so now the rooms have console glows.
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-rN1B ... e=youtu.be always fun to ring in the new year with fireworks
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
apposl

Postby apposl » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:23 pm

Any possibility of a re-upload? Original download link doesn't seem to be working any longer.