26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated April 12, 2020

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ejhockey

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge

Postby ejhockey » Mon May 28, 2018 9:49 pm

This is an incredible mod! So challenging and each Flagship is really unique. I died several times on a few of them before finding a winning strategy. Thanks for making this!
spicerack

Postby spicerack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 pm

I want to definitely recommend this mod to EVERYBODY. This is amazing!!! Every game is different! There's a new challenge every time! Everyship is carefully planned out to surprise you and it really works with every other mod i've tried.

I don't understand how this has fallen to the 3rd page on the forums - it's too good not to stay on the first page. Really people, try it out and post your experiences!!!
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Fantastic mod! Loving it. So nice to have different flagships to fight. Thank you for the mod.

I think version E has an issue. There wasn't an Oxygen system, so all the crew died off. That happened on all three of the flagships versions of E. All the crew died from asphyxiation.
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Gidoza wrote:Hi thanks for the feedback. :)

Hmmmm - version E? Are you sure it wasn't variant N? I definitely intentionally designed at least one of the Flagships to be oxygenless so boarding would be semi-impossible and so the self-repair would kick in. But I don't remember it's being E. If you could double-check, that would be fantastic.

I'd be happy to. I'll get back to you in a few days after I test them both. ;)
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:01 am

N is in fact setup for a no oxygen ship with noncontiguous rooms. E is also a no oxygen ship, although the rooms are all contiguous.
Rifu

Postby Rifu » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 am

Im trying to get the hard flagship version into normal mode with this mod. I got the mod working and set Flagship A as the only flagship mode so it is the same each time. When i got to the flagship, it has the flagship hard version with the doors connected but the systems location has changed. This was only phase 1, didn't check the other phases. Is it possible to have the same exact layout as flagship hard version as one of the ships or is it already in there but i dono which letter it is. Or does anyone knows another mod that puts hard version flagship into normal mode. Thanks.
Rifu

Postby Rifu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:46 am

Ok thanks someone else made one for me in reddit so all good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... ?context=1
e2e3kaka

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated March 28, 2020

Postby e2e3kaka » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:15 am

Fun mod thank you! Now I enjoy random flagship whether or not I can beat them at last. One bug I encountered: ship V has a dual missile launcher, the missile texture is not right. I don’t know its me or anyone, I also use FTl Xmas mod. And keep posting videos on YouTube. Although I saw no comments, but the various layouts is interesting. I decided not to use google account anymore so I can only thumb up for you here. :D
e2e3kaka

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated April 12, 2020

Postby e2e3kaka » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:50 am

Hi, in ship V I meant the image of missile
may be missing.
And I’ve been following this mod. What’s the change in the new version? A change list is best.
Roxorium

Re: 26 Flagships - Variable Flagship Challenge & CE Modmod (AE) - Updated April 12, 2020

Postby Roxorium » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:55 am

I registered an account just to let you know, that the Flagship Z's 1st stage was probably the most aggravating and annoying experience I've ever had with FTL

It wasn't challenging because the flagship had next to no means of dealing direct damage and didn't pose a direct threat, with laser not being able to punch through shields and missiles easily avoided by cloak, which times perfectly with cooldown and reload, fire beam that can't pierce shields, and a regular cluster bomb launcher
And the reason why it was aggravating and annoying? Well, imagine trying to kill a cockroach, but every time you almost manage to crush it, it vanishes and comes back couple seconds later, fully regenerated.

4 repair drones with unlimited charges, possibly multiple stacks of Rock Plating, cloaking and clone bay. I've spent almost half an hour trying to figure out how to kill that damn thing without getting my ship or crew killed... never again

EDIT: It gets even better, managed to wipe out the crew completely and shut down the clone bay on stage 2, received the "AI taken over control" message and all, just for the flagship to come back fully crewed in stage 3.

EDIT2: And victory. I can say with utmost confidence that stage 2 and 3 were nowhere near as mind-numbing as stage 1. Simply put, fighting against an enemy that shrugs off most of your attacks and completely regenerates the attacks that *do* connect is not fun at all.

bruh