[SHIP] The Nebula Cruiser + The Sun Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KingdomKrafters

[SHIP] The Nebula Cruiser + The Sun Cruiser

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:11 pm

The slug king watched as the bright blast of energy shot into the nebula, appearing to almost shatter the clouds. Then it was gone. The slug king had waited for this moment for ages, his entire life leading to this moment. The slugs had harnessed the power of a nebula. The new ship was glorious, like a circle of blinding light shinning through the dense clouds that surrounded them.

I created this ship a while ago. I kinda sucks in a way. :lol: I was trying to decide whether to post this ship or not, but I decided what the heck. Lets give it a try. It has no cloak image, so it kinda just fades a little. Strange for a ship that starts with cloaking. It does have a custom floor image though.
Download link: (like all my ships, it requires Slipstream mod manager. It is not compatible with Grognak's mod manager)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dum4r1wb8fcx5 ... p.ftl?dl=0

The rocks plunged through the door as if it were made of paper. Sure the rockenwere strong, but this was just insane. Whatever they wanted, they wanted it badly. There could be no other reason except space madness to infiltrate the slug lands in such a violent way. The leader of the group reached down and plucked something off the floor. A single battery. So simple, but yet this battery had enough energy to power and entire device powerful enough to harness an entire nebula. It was of Zoltan origin, but not all that surprising to be found in slug lands. With this battery, the rockmen knew there would be no stopping them. Stopping them from what you may ask? Stopping them from harnessing a STAR.

I created this ship after making the nebula ship. I thought it was a funny idea for a ship to literally be built inside a star.
Download link: (like all my ships, it requires Slipstream mod manager. It is not compatible with Grognak's mod manager)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu8iz5ll23ol3 ... p.ftl?dl=0

Last edited by KingdomKrafters on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] The Nebula Cruiser + The Sun Cruiser

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm one of those people who browse the forums at times when I do not have access to FTL so therefore, I'd like to see what the ship looks like.
Room layout is optional but it's nice to have one in case something was overlooked.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:35 am

I'm gonna be completely honest. I absolutely no clue how on earth I would do that. :cry: I would take a screen shot of it in game, but for some steam won't let me take the screenshot. I checked the in-game help options for steam, and it says shift-f12 (cause I set it to that), but for some reason the snapshots don't work when I use mods.
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:38 am

Why not just use the Print Screen key on your keyboard?
ImageImageImageImageImage
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 am

Thats a great idea. Unfortunetly, I'm such a noob that even AFTER I did this, I have no clue how to put it in my post. I know how to edit posts, but not how to add images. PLEASE HELP ME
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:37 am

If you're using Windows 7, there is a thing called the Snipping Tool that can be used to grab images of stuff.
As for where you can put them, I recommend you use Imgur or Mediafire.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:21 am

Lol, I see you enjoyed playing with a ship with no healing or shields(yes the one shield bar starting was intentional)! Yes, the no shields sprite is weird one. I included the engi cruisers shield system but then moved the files to different location for modding and altered them. So of course with the altered sprite I assume thats why no shield showed up. Yes, of course I later found out on some other ships that the sprite itself checks for collisions. Who would have thunk? I'll get to fixing the sprite glitch for the shields, but anyways thanks for giving me a second chance! :D

PS. I don't know if you knew this or not but you forgot the sun cruiser (the shield does work on that one). Lol
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:37 am

KingdomKrafters wrote:Lol, I see you enjoyed playing with a ship with no healing or shields(yes the one shield bar starting was intentional)! Yes, the no shields sprite is weird one. I included the engi cruisers shield system but then moved the files to different location for modding and altered them. So of course with the altered sprite I assume thats why no shield showed up. Yes, of course I later found out on some other ships that the sprite itself checks for collisions. Who would have thunk? I'll get to fixing the sprite glitch for the shields, but anyways thanks for giving me a second chance! :D

PS. I don't know if you knew this or not but you forgot the sun cruiser (the shield does work on that one). Lol

look I won't lie I didn't want to do the sun cruiser because I thought it would be the same story wiht the Nebula, half assed...

but its clear to me you are enthuiastic about modding, you just aren't as good. We all have been there. I'll get to recording your stuff later, but here is something you should work on, learn to make ships with weapon data in there. Basically make it so you don't need the weapon pack in order to use the weapon, that is possible. Not everyone wants to download a weapon pack, also if you do it this way you can also alter the weapon parameters, like add new effects, increase/decrease cooldown etc.
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 am

Fair enough. I tried making my own weapons to go along with my ships and I got along fine, I followed multiple tutorials, I made custom weapon animations and sound effects. Added all the stats necessary, but stopped when I reached the point where I had to package it all together. I have one last idea left to do... if that works I'll let you know and I shall include them in my new ships. But if it doesn't work... well then I have no clue what to do next.