[Ship(s)] Super Ship Expansion Pack (now far more awesome)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KingdomKrafters

[Ship(s)] Super Ship Expansion Pack (now far more awesome)

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello guys, this is the first mod I have ever uploaded :) . I created a replacement for every ship in the game! All of these ship were created in Superluminal (possibly the best tool for modding in FTL ever) Also, I just want to give a MASSIVE thanks to Arfy for letting me use his experimental weapons mod to make my ships. All of the ships are play tested and balanced. Enjoy!

Download Link: (without Arfy's experimental Armaments)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s6l6cisea7h6 ... 1Hspa?dl=0
(WARNING: requires Slipstream mod manager)

Download link: (with Arfy's experimental Armaments. This is the better and current version.)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/onkarizg69ay ... CceSa?dl=0
(WARNING: requires Slipstream mod manager and Arfy's Experimental Armaments)

Arfy's Experimental Armaments can be downloaded from here:
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32214

I've condensed this post, so all ship descriptions are in the code below.

Code: Select all

[b]Silent Cruisers: (replace stealth cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-Heavy Ion
-Hull smasher Laser
-Hull beam
-Artemis Missile
Augments:
-Stealth Weapons
Crew:
-Mantis
-Rock
-Engi
This was actually the first working ship I ever made. It has a custom cloak, shield, and floor image. I originally designed it because I got frustrated when your weapons disrupted the cloaking. This ship may be a tad-bit over powered, but its still pretty balanced.

Type B-
Weapons:
-Small Bomb
-Leto Missiles
Augments:
-Zoltan Shield Bypass
Crew:
-Mantis
-Mantis
-Rock
-Lanius
After making the first one, I decided to make a second one. It has the same cloak and shield sprites, but a different strategy. I found it odd that FTL had no ship with cloaking and boarding, so I made my own. And for the record, yes I do realize that I spelled Unorthodox wrong.  :D

Type C-
Weapons:
-Ion Blast
-Ion Blast
-Chain Burst Laser
Drones:
-Anti ship beam
-Shield Overcharger+
-Anti Personnel
Augments:
-Zoltan Sheild Bypass
Crew:
-Engi
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
I got the inspiration for this one because of the lack of shields on the cloaking cruisers. I felt it was ironic that a ship with no shields could bear the strongest shield ever created. It still has the sheild overcharger plus from the type C stealth cruiser, so that you didn't miss out on that.  :lol:

[b]Secret Cruisers: (replaces the rock cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-Crystal Burst Mark II
-Heavy Crystal Mark One
-Crystal Lockdown
-Crystal Lockdown
Augments:
-Crystal vengeance
-Damaged Stasis Pod
Crew:
-Human
-Human
-Engi
-Rock
I felt that it was odd that the only hint of the crystal race left was the crystal station. So I decided that it would make more sense if the station at least had a hangar with a ship inside. Therefor, this ship was born! I know its wired that it has no crystal crew, but I felt that it would make more sense if you just started with the stasis pod.

Type B-
Weapons:
-Crystal Lockdown
-Firebomb
-Firebeam
-Hermes Missile
Augments:
-Rock Plating
-Crystal Vengance
Crew:
-Rock
-Rock
-Rock
The rocks are unique with there fire immunity. Therefore, with the combination of crystal lockdown technology, a rock boarding ship with fiery weapons and lockdown powers pretty much annihilates everything. Here you go!

Type C-
Weapons:
-Breach bomb
-Heavy Crystal Mark II
Augments:
-Crystal Vengeance
-Emergency Respirators
Crew:
-Crystal
-Crystal
-Lanius
The Crystals have the unique ability of less suffocation damage. That and emergency respirators, they practically don't suffocate at all! This ship capitalizes on that. Good luck!

[b]Deprived Cruisers: (replaces the kestrel cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-Simple Laser
-Leto Missile
Crew:
-Human
-Human
As if the kestrel wan't bad enough. I planned for this mod (or mods) to be kind like an overhaul in a way, where you could play from square one with only the kestrel, and work p to the other ships. With the creation of the Deprived cruisers, I changed this mod from more than just an overhaul. I also made it a challenge mod. If anyone can beat the game (on ANY difficulty), or even come close with these cruisers, please post your video here so I can see.

Type B-
Weapons:
-Simple Laser
-Simple Laser
-Simple Laser
Augments:
-Drone Recovery Arm
-Drone Reactor Booster
Drones:
-Defense mark I
-Anti-Drone
-Hull repair
Crew:
-Human
-Human
-Engi
I love the Red-tail. Its an awesome ship. Unfortunately, this mod is all about creating new strategies with the ships. Therefor, I went with something new, but still the same. It originally had 3 combat drones, but eventually I realized that it required too much power to be reasonable. So I changed it again, removing the shields and replacing them with drones. Good luck!  :twisted: (yes i realize that this had the drone booster, even though it only works with personnel drones. Just go with it)

Type C-
Weapons:
-Glaive Beam
Crew:
-Human
-Human
-Zoltan
I know what your thinking. "Why does a ship that was made to be weak have the BEST weapon in the game?" Well here's why: It has no shields, sensors, doors, cloaking, or pretty much anything else. I has level 4 weapons, level 1 engines, a clone bay, a pilot area, and life support.

[b]Blockade Runners: (replaces the Federation Cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-Mini Beam
-Mini Beam
-Dual laser
-Dual Laser
Artillery:
-Flak Artillery
Crew:
-Rock
-Zoltan
-Human
-Mantis
Essentially this ship was supposed to represent a pirate ship made to outrun all ships, as well as demolish any blockades stopping it with its powerful flak artillery. How this ship ended up in Federation hands? I have no idea.

Type B-
Weapons:
-Hermes Missile
-Dual Laser
Artillery:
-Artillery Beam
Augments:
-Scrap Recovery Arm
-System Casing
Crew:
-Rock
-Slug
-Human
Well here's an interesting ship for you. Whats the strategy? I have no clue. Just have fun slicing enemies to pieces with your artillery beam and collecting way more scrap then whats fair.

Type C-
Weapons:
-Leto Missile
-Leto Missile
Artillery:
-Flak Artillery
Augments:
-Advanced FTL navigation
-FTL Recharge booster
Crew:
-Rock
-Zoltan
-Mantis
-Human
Before you go congratulating me on making a ship better than that Fregatidae, I just want to warn you... you would be absolutely correct. The Fregatidae sucks eggs. Especially compared to this ship. Forget beating enemies. Why not just leave them in the dust? Plus the evade is high enough, could it get any better? *cough*Yes*cough*

[b]AI Scavengers: (replaces the Lanius Cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-Breach Missiles
-Breach Bomb
-Mini Beam
-Mini Beam
Augments:
-Explosive Replicator
-Scrap Arm
I've had some trouble with creating ships with no crew before, because of the inability of getting crew. Fortunately, I came up with the idea of a ship with the compatibility of new crew, but starts with none.

Type B-
Weapons:
-ion Bomb
-Mini Beam
-Mini Beam
Drones:
-System Repair
-Anti-Personnel
Augments:
-Reverse Ion
-Reverse Ion
I recently learned that two reverse ion fields stack together can make you 100% ion proof. I really wanted to do that in a mod, and I was working on the AI Scavenger ships at the time, so I decided to add it to this ship. The layout is nice, but the weapons kinda suck when your ion bomb misses and you're outta bombs.

[b]Energy Hunters (replaces the Zoltan Cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-ion Blast
-ion Balst
-Charge Laser III
Drones:
-Combat I
-Anti-person
Augments:
-Drone Recovery
-Zoltan Shield
Crew:
-Engi
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
-Engi
I really have no explanation to the creation of this ship. It's not to overpowered, and has some cool stuff. Have fun!

Type B-
Weapons:
-Flack II
-Heavy Ion
-Heavy Ion
Augments
-Zoltan Shield
-Resperators
Crew:
-Engi
-Zoltan
-Lanius
Once again, I have no clue why I created this. oh well. Also, whats interesting is that even though this is Zoltan cruiser replacement, it has only one Zoltan, and a Zoltan shield, and other that that has no Zoltan stuff.

Type C-
Weapons:
-Lockdown Bomb
-Small Bomb
-Dual Laser
-Ion Stun
Augments
-Zoltan Shield
-Zoltan Bypass
Crew:
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
ZOLTAN BOMBING PARTY FOR THE WIN!!!

[b]Mercenaries (replaces the Slug Cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-Burst Laser III
Augments:
-Auto Reload
-Slug Gel
Crew:
-Slug
-Slug
Slugs make good mercenaries. Mercenaries have strong weapons. Therefor, a slug mercenary should have a way too overpowered weapon. However, with no other weapons and not a lot else, this ship has it's limit.

Type B-
Weapons:
-Stun Bomb
-Ion Stun
-Heal Bomb
-Dual Laser
Augments
-hack stun
-slug gel
Crew:
-Slug
-Slug
-Slug
The slugs specialize in mind control and stunning. This ship was made to paralyze the enemy. The no medbay/clonebay fits with this ship because your slugs should take very limited damage, seeing as the enemy is always stunned and mind controlled.

Type C-
Weapons:
-Heal Bomb
-Repair Bomb
-Dual Laser
-Dual Laser
Augments
-Zoltan Shield
-Slug Gel
Crew:
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
-Zoltan
Slug-zoltan combo. The two races are very excluded and rare. Why not have them team up? BTW, this ship is super OP.  :o

[b]Crystal Station: (replaces the Crystal Cruisers)[/b]
Type A-
Weapons:
-Heavy Crystal II
-Crystal Burst II
-Lockdown Bomb
-Crystal Burst I
Augments:
-Crystal Veng.
-Defense Scramble
This ship sounds super OP, but it's not. After an hour of play testing, I am proud to say this ship is incredibly balanced. While it has super OP weapons, it can only hold one weapon at a time (two if you use lockdown + burst I).

Type B-
Weapons:
-Crystal Burst I
-Crystal Burst I
Augments:
-Crystal Veng.
-Repair Arm
So this ship has a mixed strategy. It a powerful weapon setup, a powerful boarding setup, and a defensive ship setup. It also starts with the repair arm, which I added since boarding kills give you more scrap, so the arm would repair more and you would still get a lot of scrap.

[b]Medical Cruiser: (replaces the Engi Cruisers)[/b]
I never bothered to add a type a and b into this post. maybe someday.
Weapons:
-Dual Shot Laser
-Dual Shot Laser
-Stun Bomb
-Lockdown Bomb
Augments:
-Damaged Stasis Pod
-Backup DNA
Crew:
-Engi
-Zoltan
-Crystal
I originally planned to have my own custom weapon for this ship. But I never added it. Oh well, it still works. Enjoy. I guess.  :|

That's all I have at the moment. I'm working on replacements for the Mantis Cruisers. I'm gonna replace them with civilian dropships
I suck at packaging my mods, so they're just in a Dropbox folder. I'm gonna work on it.
BTW, none of these ships have a smaller UI picture. I'm working on making them, Thx to Arfy's help.
Also, the hull images are NOT MINE.
Mercenary ship hull original post: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24969 by sovietbear
Crystal Station ship hull original post: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic. ... start=3370 by R4V3-0N
Secret Cruiser ship hull original post: https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=230 by elijahdb
Ai cruiser ship hull original post: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26124 by Narkar
Energy hunter ship hull original post: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27537 by CAKE
Silent Cruiser ship hull original post: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30121 by Sentry Jumper
Blockade Runner ship hull original post: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25172 by Anthonest
Medical Cruiser ship hull original post: http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17623 by irons77
Deprived cruiser hull image is my own.
I would also like to thank TaxiService for releasing the mod "mod testing environment", which helped greatly in testing my ships. The post can be found here:
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22613
OH YEEE I GOT SNAPSHOTS NOW (kinda)
Heres the link: https://imgur.com/a/nM3H3
I know, I know, theres only 3 ships, but for me getting the screenshots is kinda difficult and takes a long time, and I have other things I need to do. More of them are coming soon!
Last edited by KingdomKrafters on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 22 times in total.
KingdomKrafters

Re: [Mod] Ship Expansion Pack

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:45 am

So I've been working on this alot lately, I added the blockade runners (replace fed cruisers) and the AI Scavengers (replace lanius cruisers). I plan to continue expanding this mod. I would try and figure out a way to condense all the ships into one file, but this way it allows people to download whichever ships they want.
KingdomKrafters

Re: [Ship(s)] Ship Expansion Pack

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:13 am

So I worked a lot more and added 6 more ships, the mercenaries, and the energy hunters. Have fun!
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

BTW, none of these ships have a smaller UI picture. If anyone could make one for me, that would be great! THX

-For making miniships in GIMP; (assuming you use GIMP)
1) Image
2) Scale Image
3a) px -> percent
3b) Interpolation: None
4a) Scale the image (by percent) to about 50% (you can test it out yourself)
4b) Remember to check if the scaled down ship can fit in a 191 x 121 area

I suck at packaging my mods, so they're just in a Dropbox folder. This is kinda annoying, but its the best I can do as of the moment.

For packaging ships into one mod;
1) Copy all of the ship's blueprints into one blueprints.xml.append or dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml.append file(s)
2) Take ship_name.xml and ship_name.txt files and put them into the data folder. (do not combine all of them! keep them as their respective name!)
3) And take the images (interior and hull) and put them into the img folder (into their respective folders!)

About the checkered room interior problem;

kartoflame: This happens when you've installed mods with SMM while the editor was running, and then saved the ship. The solution is to either not do that, or use File > Reload Database as soon as you return to the editor.

You can also try deleting the interior images to the problematic rooms and replace them with a new, but same interior image.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:13 am

Oh. :lol: I didn't realise that fixing the interior problem was so easy. Ill definitely get the new UI pictures, but I'm still not sure about packaging the mods together.
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:23 am

After a quick run with ~5 of the ships, I'd have to say they are pretty bland, but balanced (however, some of the ships need to be toned down ten-fold, I'm pretty sure you can find them yourself)-- however, there is no need to stand out all too much, keep it up!

Another note; you have to credit the original makers of the hull images.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
KingdomKrafters

Re: [Ship(s)] Super Ship Expansion Pack

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:36 am

Oh ya dang it completely forgot about that with the hull sprites. I'll get on that.
KingdomKrafters

Re: [Ship(s)] Super Ship Expansion Pack (now far more awesome)

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:09 pm

Major update: added Medical Cruisers type A and B (working on type C). The mod now uses Arfy's Experimental Armaments. You can still download the original ships without the mod, but all new ships will use the mod. I also fixed a few things, such as the glow images, removed the yellow/black checkered room problem, fixed the weird murky shield on the silent cruisers (they now use the engi cruiser shield). I also started experimenting with the UI images, so those will be added soon. The Ai scavengers have UI images, but they are too large. Whatever. :D
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 am

I added type C of the medical cruiser. Still working on the UI images.
BertTF2

Postby BertTF2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Would you consider an imgur album of all of the ships in the hangar?