[Ship] The Chimera vAE.1.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

[Ship] The Chimera vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 am

Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1.1 - Replaces Federation-A

If you want more systems, you need another mod to install them.

Code: Select all

Initial Release of AE.1:
-(in Greek mythology) a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.
-A Federation Cruiser made for Zoltans

Update for AE.1.1:
-Compatibility update for FTL 1.6.x

This ship has SIX artillery systems. Zoltans made an extremely complex artillery system for this Federation Cruiser, and only they know how to fully operate it. If it gets damaged, you need to use a nanobot repair bomb to fix it. Both side rooms have an ion blast and a heavy pierce laser. The middle room has two beam weapons. If you aren't a Zoltan, you can only control one of the beams. If you upgrade the artillery system, it only upgrades the second beam which requires a Zoltan to operate. What were those Zoltans thinking when they made this?

Artillery charge times based on two power. Charge time is 25% longer with one power.
-Beam: 28 second charge, 2 damage, guaranteed breach, pierces 1 shield, 2x damage to systemless rooms, damage increases every 3 shots for a maximum of 4 damage, only hits one room.
-Laser: 10 second charge, 2 damage, chance of breach or fire, pierces 1 shield, damage increases every 3 shots for a maximum of 4 damage.
-Ion: 6 second charge, 1 ion damage, fire-rate increases .3 seconds per shot for a minimum charge time of 4.5 seconds.

Video:
Biohazard063 - Part 1 - Part 2
rand118 - Full run, enhanced with Hyperspace

Credits:
FTL, Slipstream, Notepad, PSP7
Replies and testing in the Questions thread: Arfy, mr_easy_money, meklozz
Old work: Gencool, Narnkar, stargateprovider
Last edited by RAD-82 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] The Chimera vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 am

It's been over two years since I last played FTL. I don't know how this happened...
That room highlight was messed up for the rest of the run once I discovered it. After my run, I couldn't duplicate it.
I did win (normal difficulty vanilla with Limited Time Offer for more systems), despite not getting any extra Zoltans to help with the power-hungry artillery.
odysseybmx

Re: [Ship] The Chimera vAE.1

Postby odysseybmx » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 am

Please continue to make mods! It makes me sad to see this mod community dying. I've been playing FTL since 2013 and am just now getting into modding it. But half of the mods listed on the official page have defunct links :'( If you have any copies of mods I'd appreciate if you could share them with me or post them to dropbox or something similar so others can access them as well. Your work is appreciated! I hope to see this community continue to live on.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] The Chimera vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 pm

Download updated to version AE.1.1 for FTL version 1.6.3!

FTL 1.6.3 didn't make this ship unplayable, but some things needed to be fixed.
-The file misc.xml doesn't exist anymore, so I needed to make a new .append file for the new text_misc.xml. (Artillery related text)
-For the interior graphics of the front artillery room, I had to place a fake "room" system. In FTL 1.5.13, the game looked for img/icons/s_room_overlay.png. Luckily, FTL 1.6.3 didn't break this fake "room" system, but it was showing a modified img/nullResource.png (red sign/red background instead of yellow sign/white background) instead of s_room_overlay. I made nullResource a blank image to get rid of it.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:54 am

New video by Rand has been added to the main post. Please note that this ship has not been updated for Hyperspace.

If you didn't like trying to use multiple artilleries before, Hyperspace has you covered. Hyperspace has destroyed the Zoltan lore behind the artillery system, but it is much easier and more powerful now that you can upgrade and control the power of all artilleries without Zoltans.

Since the mod wasn't made with Hyperspace in mind, the artillery descriptions aren't done properly, since they were never meant to be seen. I don't use Hyperspace, and don't have any plans to do any modding, so I won't be making any Hyperspace-compatibility update for it.

If someone wanted to make a Hyperspace version (porcu93 looks like the most likely candidate for it), I'd recommend making it so the ship doesn't replace Fed-A, make the Zoltan Shield augment hidden, increase the crew limit to 12, fix the artillery descriptions (maybe even duplicate the artillery weapons so that you can tell the left laser/ion blast apart from the right laser/ion blast), and increase the max level of the reactor by 5. I've seen increased reactors done on other ships, so I assume it's a normal Hyperspace thing that can be done.
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:43 pm

RAD-82 wrote:New video by Rand has been added to the main post. Please note that this ship has not been updated for Hyperspace.

If you didn't like trying to use multiple artilleries before, Hyperspace has you covered. Hyperspace has destroyed the Zoltan lore behind the artillery system, but it is much easier and more powerful now that you can upgrade and control the power of all artilleries without Zoltans.

Since the mod wasn't made with Hyperspace in mind, the artillery descriptions aren't done properly, since they were never meant to be seen. I don't use Hyperspace, and don't have any plans to do any modding, so I won't be making any Hyperspace-compatibility update for it.

If someone wanted to make a Hyperspace version (porcu93 looks like the most likely candidate for it), I'd recommend making it so the ship doesn't replace Fed-A, make the Zoltan Shield augment hidden, increase the crew limit to 12, fix the artillery descriptions (maybe even duplicate the artillery weapons so that you can tell the left laser/ion blast apart from the right laser/ion blast), and increase the max level of the reactor by 5. I've seen increased reactors done on other ships, so I assume it's a normal Hyperspace thing that can be done.

Well, the ship is already functional as is in my opinion, but if you want me to make an hyperspace version of the ship then let me know and I'll work on it.
And yes, the increased max reactor in an hyperspace feature, but it's in one of the beta releases, if I recall correctly Multiverse has no custom reactor caps yet.