Vicious Vessels - 40 new enemy ships

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Woona
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Russia

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (15 hulls, 81 blueprints)

Postby Woona » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:34 pm

The fleet has arrived! 6 new ships and some balance changes to old ones.
Connstar
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 11:41 pm

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (15 hulls, 81 blueprints)

Postby Connstar » Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi!
The first thing I want to say, is that I really love the sprites of your ships! They are amazing, and perfectly fit FTL's art style. Thank you for creating this amazing mod!

I am currently running FTL with CE installed, and I feel that it is an elementary part of the game, and I cannot play without it.
Some earlier comments suggested, that it was compatible, but that was a few patches ago. Looking at the changelog and at the actual .ftl file's contents, I think, that it is not compatible with CE anymore. I'm quite new to FTL modding, so forgive me if I get something wrong, but I think it now changes the same shiplists as CE.
So I am looking for a way to make it compatible with CE for myself. Honestly, I don't care if the ships are a bit unbalanced, they look far too cool to not have them in the game.
Is there any xml I could change to remove the overwrites of existing stuff, and only have the newly added ships/blueprints?

Thank you, best wishes,
Connstar
Woona
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Russia

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (15 hulls, 81 blueprints)

Postby Woona » Fri May 04, 2018 5:05 am

Connstar wrote:...


Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with CE myself. I uploaded a version without any balance changes to the game today. I hope you won't run into any issues.
Kalokohan117
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 11:17 am

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (15 hulls, 81 blueprints)

Postby Kalokohan117 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:10 am

Connstar wrote:Hi!
The first thing I want to say, is that I really love the sprites of your ships! They are amazing, and perfectly fit FTL's art style. Thank you for creating this amazing mod!

I am currently running FTL with CE installed, and I feel that it is an elementary part of the game, and I cannot play without it.
Some earlier comments suggested, that it was compatible, but that was a few patches ago. Looking at the changelog and at the actual .ftl file's contents, I think, that it is not compatible with CE anymore. I'm quite new to FTL modding, so forgive me if I get something wrong, but I think it now changes the same shiplists as CE.
So I am looking for a way to make it compatible with CE for myself. Honestly, I don't care if the ships are a bit unbalanced, they look far too cool to not have them in the game.
Is there any xml I could change to remove the overwrites of existing stuff, and only have the newly added ships/blueprints?

Thank you, best wishes,
Connstar


Hello!

I agree with you Mr/Ms Connstar that CE is a vital part of FTL and this ship extension by Mr/Ms Woona is galacticly awesome. Would you kindly share the mod that makes Vicious Vessel compatible with CE? That is if you finished it at your leisure good Sir/Ma'am Connstar. Count me as one of your first supporters :D

My best support,
Kalokohan117
Chronosplit
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (15 hulls, 81 blueprints)

Postby Chronosplit » Thu May 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Woona wrote:
Connstar wrote:...


Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with CE myself. I uploaded a version without any balance changes to the game today. I hope you won't run into any issues.

So far it appears that I'm not having any trouble with CE and this version of the mod, and I'm encountering the new ships as expected. :)
User avatar
Jumbocarrot0
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 am
Location: My current location.

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (15 hulls, 81 blueprints)

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi Chrono,
I have done the same thing and checked the mod for compatibility by going into the code.
What I found is that the slave dealer ships, rebel scout ships and ships that will spawn in specific events will spawn.
However, normal spawning ships likely won't spawn as they use vanilla ship lists, while CE uses its own ship lists.
Image
Woona
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Russia

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (20 hulls, 113 blueprints)

Postby Woona » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:41 pm

A new update!

Did some quality control and added new content. 2 ships removed, added 7 new Auto and Rebel ships as a replacement, Rebel Predator layout reworked, several tiny tweaks to other ships. Also, split the mod into 2 modules for those who don't want any changes to vanilla ships.
JerC
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (20 hulls, 113 blueprints)

Postby JerC » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:35 pm

The hulls are nice, but I think you went a little overboard on the late-game scaling on some of these, figting rebel ships with 15s cloaks and high evasion that spam 3-4 dmg missiles at you before the flagship is frustrating
Woona
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Russia

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (20 hulls, 113 blueprints)

Postby Woona » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 am

JerC wrote:The hulls are nice, but I think you went a little overboard on the late-game scaling on some of these, figting rebel ships with 15s cloaks and high evasion that spam 3-4 dmg missiles at you before the flagship is frustrating


Took me too long to answer, sorry.

Made some changes based on your feedback. Basically, late game is still harder than vanilla, some enemy rebel ships still have cloaking, but not everyone has cloaking now. There is more variety: more boarding ships and more ships with drones.

Also, the Rebel fleet grew once more. There's a new Rebel Bomber, a late game boarding ship with strong weapons and a giant crew.

Have fun.
User avatar
KingdomKrafters
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: Somewhere in Murica

Re: Vicious Vessels - new enemy ships (21 hulls, 119 blueprints)

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 pm

ok first off, holy shitzu this is amazing. These ships look better than the ones in vanilla FTL!

I'm currently working on a group mod called Project Coalition... maybe you've heard of it. We're growing right now but we're starting to get into enemies and events. Would you at all consider letting us use your ships? We'll give you a special spot in the end game credits and put you in the special thanks in the slipstream description.

But seriously though. Wow.
-Signing off, the KK, also known as the mantis killer
My Discord:https://discord.gg/vRcr796
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests