[Ship][Weapon][Hyperspace] Federation Dreadnoughts (Acerbus Revival) (Updated 8th December, 2021)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
PR0T05T33L

[Ship][Weapon][Hyperspace] Federation Dreadnoughts (Acerbus Revival) (Updated 8th December, 2021)

Postby PR0T05T33L » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:54 am

Federation Dreadnought Type A - GFS 'Hailstorm'
This massive prototype ship has a 17% tougher hull than most cruisers and is capable of running 25% more energy through the weapons system, allowing it to run a large array of power-hungry weaponry. However, it is incapable of reaching the same speeds as a cruiser.
Hull Image

Federation Dreadnought Type B - 'The Acerbus'
This prototype Federation ship was captured by Rock cultists and modified with rare super-hard glowing crystals and devastating weaponry. It was recently recaptured by the Federation, but with the Rebels closing in, there was no time to repair the damage the ship suffered during the recapture.
Hull Image

Federation Dreadnought Type C - 'Regula Ruptor'
This prototype Federation ship was stolen by some of the most vicious pirates in the galaxy and its artillery beam replaced with an incredibly powerful EMP emitter. The pirates have agreed to assist the Federation in exchange for their freedom.
Hull Image

Credits
The Acerbus was originally created by Anthonest, but because of a cryptolocker virus, all of his mods were gone from his computer and Dropbox forever. I couldn't let that be the case. I also couldn't let there be only one ship of that type.
The remake of the Acerbus mod could not have been possible without R30hedron's contributions. Thanks to him, the ship has a nicer hull image and gibs than ever before! The Hailstorm mod could not have been made without his assistance either.
Thanks go to the other modders of the Biodome Discord server for their advice and special thanks go to BrenTenkage for sharing his copy of the original mod halfway through development of the Acerbus remake and making it much easier to recreate the weapons.
And a quick thanks to arfy for inspiring the look of the Burst Laser Mark V.
Some minor assets were borrowed from Captain's Edition and others were borrowed from the Buteogallus mod by steamtex and edited.

Downloads
Federation Dreadnoughts v1.1a Replaces Federation A, B and C, not recommended for use with Captain's Edition
Federation Dreadnoughts v1.1b Replaces Federation A, B and C, requires Captain's Edition
Federation Dreadnoughts v1.1c Requires Hyperspace, not recommended for use with Captain's Edition
Federation Dreadnoughts v1.1d Requires Hyperspace and Captain's Edition
Regardless of the version you use, I recommend you use the Full Hull Hud mod alongside it.
If a download link doesn't work, let me know! The best way to contact me is through Reddit.

Most Recent Additions and Changes
The Burst Laser Mark V's cooldown has been increased by 2 seconds and Captain's Edition's Burst Lasers III and IV are no longer included.
The Acerbus has been changed from Type C to Type B and its hull strength reduced from 40 to 35.
The new Type C, Regula Ruptor, is finally complete!
All images for all three ships have been cleaned up.
The Dreadnoughts' maximum Engine system power has been reduced from 6 to 4 and the Weapons Control system now starts at 10 bars.

Known Issues
If anything pops up, let me know, no matter how insignificant.

To-Do
All versions - Add a new event?
Last edited by PR0T05T33L on Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:26 am, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Northern_Warrior

Re: [Ship][AE] Federation Dreadnought (Acerbus Revival)

Postby Northern_Warrior » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:02 am

I remember this ship. Nice job bringing it back, it looks quite well done.
BrenTenkage

Re: [Ship][AE] Federation Dreadnought (Acerbus Revival)

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:00 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
PR0T05T33L

Re: [Ship][AE] Federation Dreadnoughts (Acerbus Revival)

Postby PR0T05T33L » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Here's just a quick and probably temporary bump to let people know there's two of them now.

How do I delete this?
Last edited by PR0T05T33L on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryD2MIrIp0U had a good time streaming this one ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 am

Nice to see I've left something resembling a legacy.
PR0T05T33L

Re: [Ship][Weapon][Hyperspace] Federation Dreadnoughts (Acerbus Revival) (Updated 8th December, 2021)

Postby PR0T05T33L » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:44 am

The third Dreadnought, Regula Ruptor, is finally complete! Only took me four years.