Modding Rules - PLEASE READ (it's short)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Whale Cancer

Re: Modding Rules - PLEASE READ (it's short)

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:Hello. Big fan of FTL :D. But I have a question: Will these mods work with Steam and if so am I allowed to use these mods for FTL?

They will work with steam. Some people have problems with navigating to where FTL is installed by steam, but you should be able to find instructions on the forums if you have trouble there.

The only issue with modding and the Steam version is in regard to some of the more advanced modding being done by people like swixel (I believe). But none of those mods are out yet, so that isn't relevant ATM.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:
Whale Cancer wrote:
therunawaybros615 wrote:Hello. Big fan of FTL :D. But I have a question: Will these mods work with Steam and if so am I allowed to use these mods for FTL?

They will work with steam. Some people have problems with navigating to where FTL is installed by steam, but you should be able to find instructions on the forums if you have trouble there.

The only issue with modding and the Steam version is in regard to some of the more advanced modding being done by people like swixel (I believe). But none of those mods are out yet, so that isn't relevant ATM.

Thanks,by the way,can you possibly be banned by Valve Anti Cheat by using these mods? Ik the game has no anti cheat,but still.

I don't think so, because the achievements aren't stored on your steam profile (as far as I have read on these boards, I have the GOG version). But that is just my speculation, someone with the steam version will be able to better inform you.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:35 am

therunawaybros615 wrote:Thanks,by the way,can you possibly be banned by Valve Anti Cheat by using these mods? Ik the game has no anti cheat,but still.

There is no risk of being banned by VAC.