New Mod - The Custom Flagship Set

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gidoza

New Mod - The Custom Flagship Set

Postby Gidoza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 pm

So, at last, I have managed to playtest through every one of these ships to ensure that they are balanced and ready to go.

What am I talking about?

As some of you may know, there is a "Flagship Randomizer" (located here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26241&start=180) which is quite fun, because it enables to player to battle against a different opponent every time and offers unique challenges. I've always liked the mod - but my issue with it always was that it would be so random that usually it was more inept than not. So I thought: why not have a conceptual Flagship set that can be randomized, but is ultimately pre-designed by a human and tested for balance.

So behold...this is the Custom Flagship Set. 26 pre-designed Flagships, each with their own variety of weapons, systems, Drones, and so on; each with their own advantages and disadvantages, that can give the player a unique playing experience on each run, while still being essentially at the same difficulty level as the standard Flagship that one would face in Vanilla Hard or Captain's Edition Normal (this is now called "Flagship A" - each Flagship gets one letter of the alphabet).

The link for download is provided at the bottom of this post. To use the mod, get Slipstream and put "CustomFlagships 1.0" as the second-last slot, and then "Flagship ()" as the very last slot, and you're good to go! It should work with basically any mod that I can think of off the top of my head.

While everything is functional, I could still use a bit of help with a few things, though - for anyone with some skills to lend a hand. Here's my little list!

1. Just like the Flagship Randomizer, I need some kind of little program that takes one of the 26 Flagships, randomizes which one it is, and spits out a new Mod that's generically-named so the player doesn't know which one it is. The player can, of course, just keep on playing it - but the idea is to make the experience a "surprise" on each run.

2. I actually have no clue how to add credits to this crazy thing, but that was never the point of the mod, anyways - the point is to give all of you a bit more fun!

3. Someone pointed out that the Missile sound has been shifted to the Captain's Edition sound. Right now, I'm blanking on how to fix that. Just a little pointer is all I need. :P

4. With reference to #1 - it might be a bit cruel to the player if the randomization causes the player to have no clue what he is facing and thus be unprepared at every randomly-selected run. I don't want to list hints so obviously that you could guess which Flagship it is based off a couple details - yet I want to feed information to the player throughout the game so the player has some way of preparing for the end run. Would some clever mind be able to come up with a way of doing this without giving the whole gambit away?

Anyways - my hope in the midst of this project is that players could also submit their own Flagship designs (of equal difficulty level, of course), and it could be included in a broader set with time. Meanwhile - test away! Give me your opinions! I appreciate any feedback, missed bugs, or anything - but the point is, this is WORKING and I am confident of the efficacy of every design. Enjoy!

http://www.filedropper.com/customflagships10
Gidoza

Re: New Mod - The Custom Flagship Set

Postby Gidoza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:56 pm

Reserved.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:38 am

For?

Code: Select all

Hi I'm Calypso or Zyana Starfield from steam

Image Cranius: http://bit.ly/2t80B9T
Image Cranius Station: http://bit.ly/2t4C0C9
xylophone

Postby xylophone » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:48 am

The download link is broken. If this mod works, could you please reupload it? This seems like a really cool mod.
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:43 am

xylophone wrote:The download link is broken. If this mod works, could you please reupload it? This seems like a really cool mod.

The creator of this mod made a new post.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32545