[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD][WIP]Arsenal+ English Translation Attempt

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Arsenal+ 1.23 English Data v0.16.1

I released a hotfix regarding a missing "hidden" tag for a choice, allowing you to see the outcome of the "shield the pirates from asteroid" event. also edited the Slipstream description to reflect the current version series (0.16.x)

just a small fix ;)
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Arsenal+ 1.23 English Data v0.16.5
I made various corrections from a broken event, incorrect drones, and a bit of translation. I apologize for those bugs because they inhibited gameplay and should not have been there (my fault) :oops: It's been fixed now though! :)
also, I removed myself from the credits as per bamalf. instead my credit is now on the main menu (see english resource pack v2 below)

Arsenal+ DLC Ships 1.8 English v1.3.7
the Crystal A (Cryoxite) now has 2 starting power capacity for the drone system (buy from store) instead of 1
the Engi B (Once) now has the correct system repair drone as its second drone instead of a random drone.

Arsenal+ 1.23 English Resource Pack v2
very tiny change in that bamalf added credits for me in the main menu image specifically for this mod. thanks bamalf :)
for those out there with slower download speeds please do not feel like you need to download this again as the file size is huge and there is only one change for crediting me. it's just a minor change to the main menu image.

if you really want to replace the image manually and/or see how it looks, I've changed the first post image to the new one crediting me
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 am

Arsenal+ English Data v0.17

translated/reverted events in events_ships.xml aka some outcomes of ship battles texts, and dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml aka events specific to Lanius Controlled Sector/Abandoned Sector

that's pretty much it. I kinda lost interest in this which is why there has barely been any update to this in a while. whenever feartheblaziken finishes their translation of arsenal+, it will probably be a lot better than this slow translation, but unfortunately, that seems like it's never going to happen :roll:

in other news,

Arsenal+ contains assets from the following mods, without (obviously) asking their permission.

- the Starsmasher cannon, which is some gigantic gun by some modder on some ship. basically is a bomb weapon that doesn't use missiles and 2 damage. it's a lot more powerful in this mod and is recolored

- the Lanius photocasters are ripped from WhiteWeasel's weapon pack, with their stats changed.

- if you haven't noticed, the high-res shields are also incorporated into this mod, but to be honest, those shields are pretty good and you'd probably want to use them with this mod anyways.

if you can't tell, I'm irritated as hell, and that's because defense drones are bugged to be unable to do sh!t when a missile comes on the right side of the screen. it's annoying as hell, devalues the defense drone, and why it is still a bug is beyond me. :evil:
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:28 am

Arsenal+ English Data v0.18.1

since revertranslating (reverting to vanilla, but watching out for changes and translating some stuff) in the previous update was only one sector and not that much, I thought I'd actually do a bit more...

- revertranslated Rebel Controlled/Rebel Stronghold events
- revertranslated Pirate Controlled events
- reverted and translated all the events in The Last Stand. I didn't really want to translate, but the last sector is pretty important, so I went for it and now it's all translated
- reverted and translated all the events (maybe missing a few texts in textLists, which goes for the previous changes) in Crystal Homeworlds. now you might be thinking "The Crystal Sector? why is this dude focusing on that?? that's so obscure to get" well, let's just say that you can encounter it in another way other than the rock homeworlds teleport thing
- oh, and I fixed the tiniest of things in a boarders event -- the text said three boarders but the actual range is 2 to 4, so the text won't say three. I'm dozing off here, so that's how I'm going to phrase it.. zzz... zzz...

um, yeah that's it. there's still some events to revert but they're mostly reverted, so that's kinda good. :D
also my mood isn't crap, so I don't feel like a sack of hot garbage, so that's good. 8-)
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Arsenal+ v1.24.1 English Data v0.20
so there was update to the original Arsenal+, v1.24.1,

so I figured I should probably update this mod to reflect that, which is what I did.

Changes made in Arsenal+ v1.24 and v1.24.1

added some more events and changed others, 3 new weapons, and other misc fixes like augment pricing and weapon description
there is now a level of support for AI ships, in that the game won't crash in the crew loss events with no crew. also changed the socialize option with something extra only for AI ships without crew.

As for this translation itself. nicely enough the update forced me to get around to translating/reverting some stuff so that's good.

reverted nearly all of the translation of vanilla text, though in some cases where new text added or changed vanilla text, that has not yet been fully finished :edit; yeah I haven't finished reverting events.xml, which is the main offender. that's a big one left. knew I forgot something :roll:
translated the rock prototype event
reverted and translated more ship names (aka the ship's class, for example, Rebel Rigger, etc.)
there's some other stuff I probably missed...

:edit; oh yeah! I did forget something! the Border Sector now has different music, with proper battle and explore themes. some pretty good music I might add. there's something in it that reminded me of one of the tracks from the CE Additional Music Addon.
###########################################################################################################

so, in other news, I still need to put up some images and one of the weapons hasn't been translated for whatever reason :roll:

also, there appears to be a second DLC ship pack, which is basically mini-versions of the enemy ships, showcasing the interesting weapons of the bosses and other new ships. I'm in the process of translating that. It does sort of take away from the whole figuring out about the weapons through the quests and stuff, but then again they need to be translated, uh, yeah... :roll:
###########################################################################################################

think that's it. if you've got any errors or anything funky going on please tell me. it should all work as intended
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:21 am

Arsenal+ v1.24.1 English Data v0.21
notable additions:
- translated another prototype event, buy and sell supplies events, and the start chain of some asteroid event (vague on purpose)
- translated the HAL drones
- translated that one weapon I said I didn't translate (the Heavy Chain Vulcan)
- other misc drone description fixes
- added an image (the file size is barely bigger) that overwrites the main menu image to display the version number (of this translation) in the bottom left of the menu, with the overall version (in this case, 1.24.1) above it.

Arsenal+ v1.24.1 English Resource Pack v2

so bamalf told me some stuff was missing along with some extra stuff in it, so that stuff has been added/removed

notable additions:
- enemy window looks different
- distress beacons on the map look different
- hangar image is different
- some other big stuff I've forgotten to mention but important nonetheless

yeah that should be about it.
##############################################################################################

in other news, there will probably be an update for that other thing I'm working on rather soon. I've been working on Arsenal+, but I really want to get that update out since it's been sitting around.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Arsenal+ v1.24.1 English Data v0.31

another update before I forget, there's no reason to delay it.

- added the rest of the Lanius sectors start beacon texts
- updated/added several general and sector-specific events
- added 6 prototype related events
- updated a bunch of weapon descriptions to read better
- changed "Dot" Beams to "Point" Beams
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:33 am

Arsenal+ v1.24.1 English Data v0.32

translation is tedious, but I forgot how much fun it was too. so here is an update after this long hiatus, and expect some more soon.

- adds the rest of the events in Unstable sectors

there are still events left to do, if I remember correctly the HAL sector has some events left and then there are just a whole load of events left. I'll endeavour to work through them. then maybe, just maybe, more people will play this mod. :mrgreen:
Dire_Venom

Postby Dire_Venom » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:54 am

Thanks for the update :D!
I've been having a blast playing it, in fact I refuse to play without this mod :3

I would love to help, but have no idea where to start XD Let me know if theres anything we can do!
Itd be also pretty cool to see how this mod was made, half the stuff I didnt even know was possible
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Dire_Venom wrote:Thanks for the update :D!
I've been having a blast playing it, in fact I refuse to play without this mod :3

glad you're enjoying it! I love it too :) .. except more to come soon :mrgreen:

(though at times the sector 1 Pernach Beams and Pierce Lasers get on my nerves... :evil: )

I would love to help, but have no idea where to start XD Let me know if theres anything we can do!

Honestly, it's not all that tricky. I pretty much dump the russian text into google translate, and I correct the sentence using common sense, a second opinion like reverso, and sometimes reverso context for certain phrases. sometimes there are sayings that only make sense in russian but when using the common translator it thinks you're being literal. to be perfectly honest, I don't think there's that much left to translate; it's more tedious than it is difficult, and the tediousness is probably the only reason this mod isn't fully translated yet.

also, almost forgot, I try to stick to vanilla wording so instead of "the ship is falling apart" I write "the ship breaks apart". I've also stuck mainly to ambiguous pronouns just to make it not always talking to males, it's ambiguous...

I will have to go over already translated events because I did it rather sloppily when I first did it. once all the events are translated, I'll probably put up a github similar to the CE spellcheck to make the wording a lot cleaner and easier to understand.
Itd be also pretty cool to see how this mod was made, half the stuff I didnt even know was possible

for this you'll have to ask the actual creators of the mod, I'm just the translator :P

one of the creators is definitely bamalf, I suppose you could ask him if you wanna find out

I added something of my own in the update-to-come, which I hope is fine, it's just a small something that makes the sentences make more sense. just know that you can detect whether or not you have a system, and whether or not you have an augment, so not like a blue option, it just happens if you have it or not. :roll: