[Ship] What is broken can be reforged!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[Ship] What is broken can be reforged!

Postby stylesrj » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:30 am

Another ship based off League Of Legends, except without the League involved.

Story:

Read the fanfic I made.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28842

Hull design:

I used the Federation Destroyer from Captain's Edition as the main hull. So thanks Kieve and/or Sleeper Service for the hull.

Floor Layout

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c0qss ... ven_V2.ftl
(Replaces Kestrel B)

Gimmick
The weapons loadouts are nothing special. Dual shot laser and a beam. But there is an augment called the Siege Cannon. That's the fragments of the once-mighty siege cannon. It has some value in stores but I do not recommend selling it. Every idle beacon gives you the opportunity to reflect upon what just happened and if you have 50 Scrap and a working hull, you can reassemble the Siege Cannon.
It's not as powerful as it used to be but it still can turn the tide of a battle.

Oh and once you get the Artillery, don't sell the augment. You'll see once you get to the Last Stand and find an idle beacon (Admiral Tully and the Base beacons do not count) and 100 Scrap. Oh you'll see :)

The Siege Cannon

Fires 3 shots in a spread that's between the Flak I and II in size. They will always breach the enemy ship and do two damage on impact. Standard cooldown is the same as most artillery (40 seconds) so if you're timing, it should be easy enough.

WARNING!
Artillery is bugged. If you save and quit while you have it installed, I recommend installing the Artillery Fix version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5z3bj ... ry_Fix.ftl

Or install that one instead so you can start with the Artillery and save 50 Scrap and hull damage.

Other Notes
I tried my best to make sure the room images do not overlap with the doors. Except when it comes to the damaged section of the ship. The doors are most likely just plates welded there to stop the air from leaking out hence why they can overlap.

The game doesn't have images for rooms smaller than 2x1 and bigger than 2x2. So if you vent Weapons or Engines or the room above Artillery, there may be some overlap. Ignore them or download some sort of Oxygen patch. I like my red hazard lines over the patch. :lol:

I've done some quick testing in Captain's Edition and well... idle beacons will not have the option to add the Siege Cannon to the arsenal and upon entering a new sector if you use the Riven events, you can skip Hyperspace Travel. So if anyone knows the complex procedures involved in solving those two problems and making it compatible with other mods, please let me know. The General Inquiries Thread confuses the heck out of me when it comes to scripting universal events.

Videos:
Stylesrj
https://youtu.be/D8R_6dLurXo

Versions
Version 1 - The ship itself
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cyr84 ... ven+V1.ftl
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c2dsu ... ry+Fix.ftl
Version 2 - Attempt at making the events CE compatible. Very badly done. Also, projectile added for Siege Cannon and story modifications.

Planned for the future
An event where you can encounter a hostile version of the Riven with elaborate choices and outcomes depending on what systems and augments you have.
An event at the start beacon which pits you against an automated scout.
Perhaps the rooms should be moved?
If the rooms are moved, unique images for the rooms close to the damaged section to give the impression of battle damage.
CE Compatibility!
Last edited by stylesrj on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [Ship] What is broken can be reforged!

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 am

Hey I made a video run! Not Katatonik!

https://youtu.be/D8R_6dLurXo
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:12 am

stylesrj wrote:I've done some quick testing in Captain's Edition and well... idle beacons will not have the option to add the Siege Cannon to the arsenal and upon entering a new sector if you use the Riven events, you can skip Hyperspace Travel. So if anyone knows the complex procedures involved in solving those two problems and making it compatible with other mods, please let me know. The General Inquiries Thread confuses the heck out of me when it comes to scripting universal events.

Check Gencool's Tardis mod to try and figure out how to solve the start of sector problem.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:26 am

Version 2 is out! I used the events from the TARDIS mod to try and make the events CE compatible. Some of them work, others do not.

And by others, I mean a hell of a lot of beacons don't have the blue option at the start, most of the idle beacons don't have a blue option.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c0qss ... ven_V2.ftl
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5z3bj ... ry_Fix.ftl

So yeah if anyone knows what I've done wrong with the events, lemme know how they can fixed.

Also, now the Siege Cannon has a new projectile:

meklozz

Postby meklozz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:51 am

I've only skimmed it, but it look like you missed a number of findWithChildLike closing tags, making the subsequent findwithchildlikes look inside the first one.

By the way, it is surprisingly hard to find an empty beacon event in CE to test this.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:55 am

meklozz wrote:I've only skimmed it, but it look like you missed a number of findWithChildLike closing tags, making the subsequent findwithchildlikes look inside the first one.

By the way, it is surprisingly hard to find an empty beacon event in CE to test this.

Like I said, I copied it directly from the TARDIS mod. You are very right in that yeah somehow those tags are not closed. I'll fix em up and repost V2

And yeah it's very hard to find an idle beacon. I had to do a full run of the game and I barely got a beacon to work with. And I couldn't test to see if the Siege Cannon event would work in the Last Stand. Surprisingly there were a lot of Rebels taking up potential idle beacons.

EDIT: And done! I've cleaned up the mess and V2 should have those closing tags. Hopefully that'll solve the problem.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:58 pm

stylesrj wrote:I've done some quick testing in Captain's Edition and well... idle beacons will not have the option to add the Siege Cannon to the arsenal and upon entering a new sector if you use the Riven events, you can skip Hyperspace Travel. So if anyone knows the complex procedures involved in solving those two problems and making it compatible with other mods, please let me know. The General Inquiries Thread confuses the heck out of me when it comes to scripting universal events.
I'd assume you inject your event choices into the faction starting events, like "START_BEACON_ENGI"? In that case you'll have to make a separate version of the mod for CE, which injects your choices into the START_BEACON_[faction]_ACTUAL events instead. CE overwrites sector start events with hyperspace travel events, and then has all the travel outcomes call the _ACTUAL events afterwards.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'd assume you inject your event choices into the faction starting events, like "START_BEACON_ENGI"? In that case you'll have to make a separate version of the mod for CE, which injects your choices into the START_BEACON_[faction]_ACTUAL events instead. CE overwrites sector start events with hyperspace travel events, and then has all the travel outcomes call the _ACTUAL events afterwards.

I used the code from the TARDIS mod. It seems stable enough and I get the "REGRET" event after the hyperspace travel.
I'd test the Last Stand but that requires playing a game and surviving it. And there's too many ships armed with missiles and mines standing in my path.