[SHIP][AE] Lanius Bombers [UPDATED V2.7]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FederationScumX1999

Re: [SHIP][AE] Lanius Bombers [UPDATED V2.5]

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:11 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Interesting, because literally as soon as you came in, (I rarely browse FTL but was engaged in a conversation about) a guy who realised there isn't enough lanius mods and may do (attempt I should say) to do an overhaul for it to set a player in the lanius shoes

I do feel the Lanius's appearance is a foreshadowing of things to come if a sequel was ever made. These bombers are essentially a big experiment for me to get into modding for FTL. I also wanted to play around with ideas that utilize the unique qualities of the Lanius. It surprised me that no one made a ship that allowed four-person Lanius boarding parties. Deimos was a matter of "living the dream" pretty much, and it went on from there. -w-
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
FederationScumX1999

Re: [SHIP][AE] Lanius Bombers [UPDATED V2.7]

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:08 am

Bringing back my first project from the dead, I release an update that's been sitting in my drawer for a month!

The big change is that Asphyxia has now become the Catalyst. Aside from a new layout and lack of Teleporter, the ship now has Mind Control and a single weapon: the Arson Bomb. Its tactic is to simply fire your bombs at systems you do not like and Mind Control anyone who tries to put out the fires that result with the aim being to burn/asphyxiate the crew. Deimos also had a layout change and was given a Breach Bomb, but that's about it. Coercion's layout was fixed a little, but received no significant changes.

All three ships have smaller shield images and can also have a Battery installed now. Enjoy!
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard