[SHIP][AE] Lanius Bombers [UPDATED V2.7]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FederationScumX1999

Re: [SHIP][AE] Lanius Bombers [UPDATED V2.5]

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 am

Actually, out of curiosity, does anyone know whether or not you can enforce a crew limit? I was thinking of limiting bomber crews to 6 (I think of them as medium-sized vessels, with scouts being small and cruisers being large).
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:57 am

Nope. You can't limit the crew at all or else we'll be flying with 20 soldiers onboard and a Zoltan for every other square :D
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 am

stylesrj wrote:Nope. You can't limit the crew at all or else we'll be flying with 20 soldiers onboard and a Zoltan for every other square :D

Zoltan "Bomber" with 4 by 5 teleporter and instant cloning. :D
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:35 am

No matter how big your teleporter is, only 4 can be sent at a time :(
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:56 am

ya know, I kinda wish there was only 1 main boarding bomber lanius for this mod as that so the other ones are more bomber-y. anywho that's my personal pinch.

I am woundering... are you the same guy on reddit who was talking about lanius mods?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:27 am

R4V3-0N wrote:I am woundering... are you the same guy on reddit who was talking about lanius mods?

I don't go on Reddit.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:34 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:I am woundering... are you the same guy on reddit who was talking about lanius mods?

I don't go on Reddit.

Not you, the FederationScum. should have been a bit more specific but oh well ^^
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 am

R4V3-0N wrote:ya know, I kinda wish there was only 1 main boarding bomber lanius for this mod as that so the other ones are more bomber-y. anywho that's my personal pinch.

I am woundering... are you the same guy on reddit who was talking about lanius mods?

Well actually I'm going to be redoing the Asphyxia from scratch, though I'm afraid it'll be kicking with just a beam (for now prohaps, I may even edit the Deimos). But for your bomber-y needs, there's the Coercion which I've adjusted several times to get "just right" with the Taser Bomb being its game-lasting toy for the player. Overall, I'll be playing around with ideas so that Asphyxia is less gimmicky and more practical. -w-

Also, nope, never been apart of reddit. My appearance here is literally the first time I ever spoke to anyone about mods, though I had played mods beforehand.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:40 am

stylesrj wrote:No matter how big your teleporter is, only 4 can be sent at a time :(

Gee, FTL's a harsh parent - "This ain't Burger King, you can't have it YOUR WAY"
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:57 am

FederationScumX1999 wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:ya know, I kinda wish there was only 1 main boarding bomber lanius for this mod as that so the other ones are more bomber-y. anywho that's my personal pinch.

Well actually I'm going to be redoing the Asphyxia from scratch, though I'm afraid it'll be kicking with just a beam (for now prohaps, I may even edit the Deimos). But for your bomber-y needs, there's the Coercion which I've adjusted several times to get "just right" with the Taser Bomb being its game-lasting toy for the player. Overall, I'll be playing around with ideas so that Asphyxia is less gimmicky and more practical. -w-

Also, nope, never been apart of reddit. My appearance here is literally the first time I ever spoke to anyone about mods, though I had played mods beforehand.

Interesting, because literally as soon as you came in, (I rarely browse FTL but was engaged in a conversation about) a guy who realised there isn't enough lanius mods and may do (attempt I should say) to do an overhaul for it to set a player in the lanius shoes
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.